MEDICAL MATTERS

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: MEDICAL MATTERS

Post by Wendyf »

I think I might go back soon to get a couple more old fillings replaced with white ones.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

I had thought of that, but decided next time I need a filling I will have it done then, or may be treat myself sometime!
If you keep searching you will find it
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Funny thing about my smile is that my teeth never show so black fillings would be no problem if I had them......
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

More evidence confirming that the MMR vaccination isn't the cause of autism...
`Autism detectable in brain long before symptoms appear' LINK
"Brain scans can detect autism long before any symptoms start to emerge, say scientists. The earliest that children tend to be diagnosed at present is at the age of two, although it is often later. The study, published in the journal Nature, showed the origins of autism are much earlier than that - in the first year of life. The findings could lead to an early test and even therapies that work while the brain is more malleable."
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

I read that too, Tiz. Very interesting
If you keep searching you will find it
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

I should have said earlier that I'm very pleased with my new NHS hearing aids, they've made a great difference. I previously had only one, for my left ear, but the tests showed my right ear now needed an aid too. The ones I have now are an improved design as well as being set to suit my present hearing status. Now I can pick up conversation fully, hear in spite of background noise and don't annoy others by having the TV or radio too loud. It's easy to slide into a state of tolerating poor hearing, convincing yourself that there isn't much wrong. And to think you're hearing everything when in truth you're not - like when someone is facing away from you or standing behind you. If you don't know you should be hearing a sound then you think you're not missing anything.
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

More on the MMR vaccine man, Andrew Wakefield, in The Times today...
`Web giants profit from anti-vaccine fraud’s video. Amazon and Apple sell Wakefield documentary'
"Amazon and Apple are profiting from an anti-vaccination documentary directed by the discredited former doctor Andrew Wakefield. The film, which backs his fraudulent research linking vaccines with autism, is available for customers to watch for 99p on Amazon Instant Video and £6.99 on Apple’s iTunes. On Vimeo, a popular YouTube-style streaming service, it costs £3.17. Scientists and autism campaigners urged the web companies to remove the film Vaxxed after The Times discovered that it had been put on sale in Britain this week. Edzard Ernst, professor emeritus of complementary medicine at Exeter university, said: “Any company or person trying to make money by alarming people and thus endangering public health is not just unethical and immoral but also despicable and irresponsible."

Two days ago The Times also reported `MMR fraud doctor's film was shown under cloak of secrecy'. It was shown to invited guests only at Regents University, London, without the institution knowing what the film was about. ..
"Early on the evening of Valentine’s Day the message went out to 350 ticket-holders: meet us in Regent’s Park two hours from now. The audience piled into a hall in the ivy-clad campus of a private university for an event so secretive that not even the host institution was aware of what was about to take place. The organisers had taken the kind of precautions normally used to protect Holocaust deniers or Salafist hate preachers. Yet the headline act was no David Irving or Abu Hamza: he was a struck-off doctor...."
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

See Politics Corner, exactly what I was discussing there.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Just a report that the back twinge that caught my attention a couple of days ago was transitory and has completely disappeared. I can't remember a time when I was as free of pain and small annoying symptoms like tinnitus and unsteady balance as I am now. I attribute this to the shift away from carbs recommended by Wendy and she did me a good turn. Considering the mileage I am in wonderful shape...... (That's tempting fate isn't it!)
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

plaques
Donor

Post by plaques »

Applied for my Patient Access extension at Colne Health Centre on wednesday. Full access was given on friday. Excellent service. I'm pleased to report that I'm still alive!
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Most of the newspapers are running stories about Andrew Wakefield being back with his fight against the MMR jab. They're all saying how terrible he is but there's no mention of how the newspapers supported him when he first started out with his claims. They too are responsible for the way that MMR vaccination fell dramatically and it took so long to get back to protecting kids against measles and mumps.
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Blood donors at Rolls Royce Leisure Centre tomorrow, I'm back on the list after several years.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Nice one Kev, I did the January session, they seem to do two sessions a month apart now.
Ian
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Gave up an armful, the first since 2006. Apparently I could have started donating again quite some time ago, a shame I wasn't aware of that they were pleased to have me back though. The new donation 'chairs' are a lot easier than having to lay down :-)
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Yes, along with the pre hydration before you donate they are another initiative to reduce the incidence of fainting. Staff say they are better but they reduce the number of places as they cant carry as many in the vans, they take up a bit more room anyway.
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

The general improvement in my overall health under the Wendy regime continues. This is no flash in the pan, I haven't been this free of pain for 70 years! It just goes to show, pick your mentors carefully and stick with them. Thanks Wendy!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

That's good to hear. It's a big responsibility!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

No, I only attribute the good bits to you!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

PanBiker wrote: 21 Feb 2017, 21:57 Yes, along with the pre hydration before you donate they are another initiative to reduce the incidence of fainting. Staff say they are better but they reduce the number of places as they cant carry as many in the vans, they take up a bit more room anyway.
All booked in for June 22nd :-)
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

That date rings a bell for me too Kev. I was just thinking, the rotating chairs should make handling a big fella like you easier I would have thought, you have a higher centre of gravity than the rest of us. :grin:
Ian
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

PanBiker wrote: 28 Feb 2017, 09:13 That date rings a bell for me too Kev. I was just thinking, the rotating chairs should make handling a big fella like you easier I would have thought, you have a higher centre of gravity than the rest of us. :grin:
I do indeed :-)
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

I just found out I am color blind. I'm shocked. It totally came out of the purple.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Is that a joke Kev? I am confused.
Later. I think we all knew THIS but a large study has linked obesity to 11 types of cancer after applying very strict analysis to published research. It's a puzzle isn't it how people can dig their grave with a knife and fork!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Stanley wrote: 01 Mar 2017, 04:11 Is that a joke Kev? I am confused.
It is, yes...
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Thank God for that!!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”