MEDICAL MATTERS

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: MEDICAL MATTERS

Post by Wendyf »

Everyone should be able to access the whole of their records, you just have to get the practice manager or administrator to change your access permissions. Col just emailed me this info to pass on, there is also a link to a recent discussion on the forum of the DUK website. (We don't normally communicate through emails, just where there is info to pass on!)

They need to ask the practice manager for a form to fill in, get that then ask to get access to 'free text' this allows you to see the full comments added by your GP's etc.
Google EMIS or Patient Access it is your right to view your records - or not in some cases: HERE
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Wendyf wrote:Everyone should be able to access the whole of their records, you just have to get the practice manager or administrator to change your access permissions. Col just emailed me this info to pass on, there is also a link to a recent discussion on the forum of the DUK website. (We don't normally communicate through emails, just where there is info to pass on!)

They need to ask the practice manager for a form to fill in, get that then ask to get access to 'free text' this allows you to see the full comments added by your GP's etc.
Google EMIS or Patient Access it is your right to view your records - or not in some cases: HERE
Thank you Wendy, I will have a chat with the surgery.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

So will I......
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

The anti-vaccination man, Andrew Wakefield, has popped up again. Since causing trouble here he's been in the US for years pushing his ideas. Now a French MEP has invited Wakefield to speak at an anti-vaccination event organised by the European Parliament. Scientists are up in arms over it. LINK

Donald Trump may defend him too. Back in August 2016 Trump met with him and other anti-vaccination proponents in the US. LINK
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I wonder what the current view is on the matter of whether the earth is flat?
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Stanley wrote:I wonder what the current view is on the matter of whether the earth is flat?
It depends where you are - anywhere in the vicinity of Donald Trump it can vary from flat to spherical, he distorts the fabric of space-time to suit his needs. He'd love lecturing on quantum theory and being able to tell you on one day that photons are particles and on the next day they are waves. "It's true, because I know it," he'd say.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Being an old fashioned bugger, one thing I do regularly is to stick my tongue out when in front of a mirror and note whether there is a hearthrug on it. I am happy to report that mine is clean and a lovely shade of red. I always take this as a sign that there is very little amiss with my internal organs and can remember a time when the first thing to doctor did when you went for a consultation was get you to stick your tongue out and then depress it with a wooden spatula and look at the back of your throat. Why aren't people advised to do these small checks today? All part of my philosophy that you have to contuinually interrogate your body and ask questions about it. Far better than popping pills.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Some people first find out they have familial hypercholesterolemia by looking in the mirror and noticing a ring around the eyes. See the image of an eye here: LINK
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Taught about this condition for years Tiz and never knew about the ring round the eyes. Interesting
If you keep searching you will find it
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

I seem to remember that a doctor watching his TV noticed the condition in the eyes of a well-known TV personality and contacted them to give a warning that they needed to see their GP soon. I wouldn't be surprised if it's featured in a Doc Martin episode too, most medical conditions have done so! (There's a new series coming up and they'll have to dig into their medical tomes to find something new and scary. Could be acute trumpitis.)
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Trumpitis, I like it !
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

So.... is a hearthrug on the tongue a good or a bad thing?
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Ask the Chinese, they're into tongue diagnosis - you could find out about your ying and yang etc! :smile:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It's a dilemma isn't it Wendy. I meet a young woman regularly early in the morning, she is on her way to catch the bus to work. She always says good morning and what always strikes me is that she is grossly overweight but inside the flab is a stunning young woman if she lost at least four stone. Question is, do you have any business telling them? Up to now I have kept stum......
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Say nothing, Stanley!
Accept her just as she is. ( I can't stand the thought that you think that somehow she would be "enhanced" by losing weight. Sorry, but you struck a nerve! she may feel fit and healthy and happy and well loved and PERFECT just as she is!)
Unbelievable!
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Would you tell an obese young man that he would look so much more handsome if he lost 4 stone? :geek:

Stand by for a bop on the nose!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Come down Marilyn! Inside every fat person there is a thin one trying to get out and I am allowed my opinion the same as anyone else. Difference is I don't try to impose it on others. So less of the 'unbelievable' please.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Yes but they don't need old men pointing things out in the half light as they make their way to work.
My point is that beauty should never be expressed in stones and pounds. Bigger women are just as beautiful as half starved catwalk models...in fact bigger women are more beautiful because of their curves.
You weren't expressing concern re her health...merely her beauty.
( we are old friends Stanley...I take you with a pinch of salt...but society is trying to raise strong women who don't want to be judged in stones or pounds)
LizG

Post by LizG »

And unless she's blind I'm tipping she has a mirror. Don't imagine she doesn't know how she looks. We are what we are!!
Liz
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

The 'old man' merely expressed an opinion based on observation. And he sticks to it.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Febby...bring me more salt! Perhaps a cupful this time...
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

I understand your comment Stanley but I am afraid to say she would look stunning could be construed as sexist. I am with Marilyn on this one. Now if you had said that her long term health would benefit,then that is something different. Reference to weight and appearance killed Karen Carpenter.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I expressed myself badly Sue and got construed! Of course I was thinking about her health. Just as I do constantly about my own. But I am reminded of the recent research into obesity which revealed that many people are becoming blind to the dangers and don't see being overweight as a health hazard. This applies particularly to parent's views of children and that gets passed on down the generations. But I shall keep stum in future and not reveal my 'sexist' thoughts! As I said to Wendy in the first place, it's a dilemma and to that I will now add, it's also a minefield!
Another benefit I am noting from the new emphasis on on protein and fat and the move away from Carbs is that my hearing is better in that they are easier to clear by 'clicking' them. Bit like adjusting to the increased pressure in a plane when it is descending from height. It works more easily now, perhaps the fluids in my ear are slightly less viscous.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Well, at least you got an explanation, Sue.
I did point out in an earlier entry that you made no reference to the woman's state of health, only her increased beauty if she lost weight ( a figure of 4 stone given).
What can I say folks?

Disappointed...
Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

Stanley why did you only reply to Sue, why not Marilyn and Liz as well?
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”