Cine film to DVD

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Cine film to DVD

Post by Wendyf »

I have a box of family cine films taken in the late 50's and early 60's on 8mm film and I am planning to get them converted to digital and put on a DVD. Has anyone had it done and is there a company you can recommend?
Tripps
VIP Member

Re: Cine film to DVD

Post by Tripps »

Surprised you have had no response to this. I had some wedding film converted but quite a few years ago. It was very expensive - about £50 for about twenty minutes. Technology has advanced - I'd think there was a DIY method by now.
Come on you geeks - do something useful with your knowledge. :smile:
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Cine film to DVD

Post by Wendyf »

There are DIY methods involving a projector and a modern camera, but the results are poor. Boots do it properly but they charge £25 for each 100ft, Max Spielman in Skipton charge £10 per 50ft reel but there are various places offering what appears to be a good service online for about £7 a reel with cleaning, editing out blank or damaged bits, and putting in titles for each reel. They have street addresses, proper phone numbers and offer to wave at you from Google Street Street View. I'm tempted to go for one in Glasgow, but I was hoping someone may have tried one and could say it worked OK for them!

Return to “Photography”