What was meant to be the point of...

Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

What was meant to be the point of...

Post by Whyperion »

Personal Albims as a Board thing, is it likely to change with 'updates and improvements' that phpBB bring out ?
(Ahh - I think I get it, for some reason there is a discussion forum 'blank' (until now') about the section of the gallery that has 'personal albums' in. I assume only one as a user can add/delete/view images in ones personal album).
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Re: What was meant to be the point of...

Post by PanBiker »

Or an Admin. The gallery module is no longer fully compatible with the last few versions of phpBB. The original coder of the Gallery no longer had time for further development so it was passed to a third party (a Russian coder) to take on any future development. We are running the latest version of the Gallery and it is what it is, no more no less. There is no alternative comparable extension for the phpBB platform.
Ian
Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Post by Whyperion »

Probably not the best place to ask, but am I now correct that Images can be added to posts from URLs, and , for now , from Gallery - using the 'image' or the 'album' which link to image id - I cannot see a difference between image and album. Other forums I use allow image insertion from ones device or drive and I cannot recall if the 'attachments' to posts works as well to add an image - or whatever - direct to a Post ID - it does not always want to work for me in Win10 (Odd , it managed to let me attach to my other post - even if it is showing one image twice !
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

If you are using images uploaded to the Gallery you use the string in the Image URL and copy and paste that between the BB codes generated by the Insert Image icon from the header of the post editor.

You can insert images via the attachment tab in the post editor but this function for image insertion is not as versatile as using the Gallery.
Ian

Return to “Personal Albums”