Four Elephants - Foulridge

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Four Elephants - Foulridge

Post by PanBiker »

First visit to the Four Elephants since its rework from the former Masalla Rooms. We went for a get together for our Jack's Birthday. A nice rework with a new bar area and seating arrangements.

We all had starters a main and some followed with a pudding. Poppadoms and various dips were served up first and then I had chilled chicken for a starter, a nice onion based chilli sauce covered the chicken pieces accompanied by a small salad of greens and tomato on the side. I decided to have Lamb for my main course so went for the Chef's special which was cooked in a green chilli, garlic and coriander curry, special fried rice which had almonds and sultanas in the mix, garlic Naan and a Kingfisher beer to complete my meal. Between us we had ordered from the vegetarian section, chicken and lamb dishes and one of our party had the mixed barbecue which included some of the seafood on offer. Everyone enjoyed their food and for myself, what I had was excellent. Some finished with ice creams which were very well priced at £2.95 for a full dish with 3 generous scoops. Adults were each served with complimentary Liquorice Sambuca to finish along with mints and small lollipops for the children

My only downer would be slight over zealousness on the part of the waiting staff asking if everything was OK and if we required any further drinks. Apart from that minor irritation, the food was excellent and was very well presented with courteous service, and somewhere I could recommend.
Ian

Return to “Restaurants”