Clock Repairer

sparks

Clock Repairer

Post by sparks »

Was there a clock repairer called Patchett who had a shop, possibly around the market square area in Barnoldswick..?
Probably c.1950/60s.
Any info would be most welcome.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Re: Clock Repairer

Post by PanBiker »

Hi Sparks and welcome to the site. Yes there was, I think he was on Rainhall Road which is one street back from where the Town Square is now. At the time the Town Square was occupied by the main Co-op branch in the town. You should get a few answers to put me right if my memory is wrong.

I will move your post from this thread as the Practice Post thread has auto purge set up and will clear any posts after about 7 days. I will move it to the History section in the Looking for Someone thread. :smile:
Ian
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

This is from the Barnoldswick & Earby Times of 4th November 1955. Sorry it's not clear enough to read but the photo is clear!
20201109_152837.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

I can just make out that the article confirms that he was on Rainhall Road. I think it was the same shop that is now Huppach Jewellers.
Ian
sparks

Post by sparks »

Thank you for the prompt response to my query about "clock repairer" The newspaper article on Mr. Patchett is exactly what I was looking for Wendy.
I'll try to enhance the partially blurred image, but it is quite readable anyway.
Kind regards, John
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I never picked up on Mr Patchett. Didn't move to Barlick until 1959 so that post is news to me! :biggrin2:
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!

Return to “Looking For Someone”