2 days to go

Sue
VIP Member

2 days to go

Post by Sue »

2 days to go before the start of my Dryathlon and I have already reached more than half of my target in sponsorship. Thank you everyone.

CANCER AFECTS ALL OF US!

My father in law died of prostate cancer, my neighbour died of prostate cancer, another neighbour has just been diagnosed with prostate cancer

Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men in the UK.
A quarter of all new cases of cancer diagnosed in UK men are prostate cancers.
In 2010 in the UK around 41,000 men were diagnosed with prostate cancer, that's more than 112 every day.
Over the last 40 years prostate cancer rates in Great Britain have tripled, although much of the increase is due to increased detection through widespread use of the PSA test.
Three-quarters of prostate cancer cases are diagnosed in men aged over 65 years.
In 2008, around 324,000 men were diagnosed with prostate cancer in Europe (EU-27).
Worldwide, around 899,000 men were diagnosed with prostate cancer in 2008. More than two out of three cases are diagnosed in the more developed region

In the 1970s around three in ten men diagnosed with prostate cancer survived their disease beyond five years, now it’s more than eight in ten.

Forty years ago only two in ten men diagnosed with prostate cancer survived their disease for at least ten years, now it is nearly seven in ten

Prostate cancer is the second most common cause of cancer death in UK men, after lung cancer.
In 2011 in the UK around 10,800 men died from prostate cancer, that's 30 every day.

Continued cancer research can help to increase the survival chances of these sufferers.

Please consider supporting me in my Dryathalon challenge.

I hope to raise £150

http://www.justgiving.com/Sue-Hayter
If you keep searching you will find it
Sue
VIP Member

Re: 2 days to go

Post by Sue »

Wow I am up to £90,thank you all those who have sponsored me
If you keep searching you will find it

Return to “Volunteering Opportunities”