Lamberts leaps and bounds

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Lamberts leaps and bounds

Post by PanBiker »

I have forwarded my family tree research filtering the hints on Ancestry. Robert, the Marsett mole catcher in his later life who had farmed in the area all his life used to be my oldest known relative although I had a name for his father from a snippet in a perished register that we found in Kendal record office a number of years ago. His name was John. I knew little else about John. Hints from other tree makers have yielded some bonuses. One of which is Rupert who is the son of my cousin Suzanne, my uncle Bill's daughter.

His research, with citations has yielded Johns wife Elizabeth who was born in 1745. Further more I have also found from another tree maker John's mother and father. His father was another John, (1723) who married Mary Barrows (1716) she was 7 years older than John who was 18, she 25 years old when she gave birth to their son John.

My oldest known relatives now have the same names as my mother and father, John and Mary. :smile:
Ian
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Lamberts leaps and bounds

Post by Wendyf »

Nice one Ian. I reached a full stop with my own family research ages ago, it would be amazing to get past that point.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

The furthest back I got here was a Challenger who was arrested and charged with 'seditious riot' in Ashton under Lyne in 1847. That was so satisfying I decided to stop there.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

A bit more and courtesy of Rupert as well who has turned up John's christening record which gives his fathers name as Christopher. John was born in 1723 so his father could potentially have been born late 1600's or early 1700's. We have lots of John's, Roberts and Christopher's in the family.
Ian
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

I now have a potential for Christopher's father who could be Thomas Lambert. He is cited on a potential baptism record in 1700 for Christopher. This one has been found on the Mormons database in Utah.
Ian

Return to “Ongoing Family Research”