Looking for details of Walter Holden and family

IanDavies

Looking for details of Walter Holden and family

Post by IanDavies »

Hello everyone,

I'm the great grandson of a Walter Holden who lived and worked in Barnoldswick. He died in 1958 and was cremated at Skipton Crematorium. He was 70 years old, so born in 1888. His wife was a Mary Jane Holden and they had 3 children, a Mona Holden (my grandmother), a Minnie Holden and Edward Holden.

He was apparently a cotton manufacturer in his early days, at Moss Shed and Fernbank Shed, then continued in Manchester. He was later a clerk for Walker, Charlesworth and Foster solicitors.

He lived at 24 Park Road.

I'm trying to find out about this side of my family, so would appreciate it if anyone know anything to help.

Thanks you

Ian
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Re: Looking for details of Walter Holden and family

Post by PanBiker »

Hello Ian, welcome to the site, as a first step try searching for Holden via the site search on the home page of the site, it returns a number of hits on the name. Stanley may well have more information on links to the local textile industry.
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Looking for details of Walter Holden and family

Post by Stanley »

Morning Ian, welcome to the site. You're in the right place! I have posted the Holden entries from my local history index.

Holdens traded as Bendem ( B & M Holden) for many years. Here's their last weaving shed, 98 looms at Wellhouse Mill in 1982. See the Calf Hall Shed Company minute books in on the site. Lots of references to them on the site. Use Holden as a search term in site search.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!

Return to “Ongoing Family Research”