Findmypast

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Findmypast

Post by Big Kev »

I will indeed. I potentially have Ernest Holden as the headmaster who lived here but need to confirm that :biggrin2:
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Someone bought my mother an Ancestry DNA kit and she's sent it to me to use. I've started an Ancestry subscription, dribbled in the tube, registered the test on the website and started building my tree. Early days yet but it's looking good. I will make a start on my current house history as well.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Gloria

Post by Gloria »

It gets very addictive Kev, doing your family tree.
Gloria
Now an Honorary Chief Engineer who'd be dangerous with a brain!!!
http://www.briercliffesociety.co.uk
http://www.lfhhs.org.uk
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Big Kev wrote: 04 Jul 2022, 17:16 Someone bought my mother an Ancestry DNA kit and she's sent it to me to use. I've started an Ancestry subscription, dribbled in the tube, registered the test on the website and started building my tree. Early days yet but it's looking good. I will make a start on my current house history as well.
Go Kev! Let us know if you need any help. :smile:
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Wendyf wrote: 04 Jul 2022, 18:06
Big Kev wrote: 04 Jul 2022, 17:16 Someone bought my mother an Ancestry DNA kit and she's sent it to me to use. I've started an Ancestry subscription, dribbled in the tube, registered the test on the website and started building my tree. Early days yet but it's looking good. I will make a start on my current house history as well.
Go Kev! Let us know if you need any help. :smile:
Thank you Wendy, I probably will be looking for some assistance with one particular relative. Gt. Grandmother on the maternal side just seems to disappear...

My current house will probably be the most difficult bit of research for me, I have a couple of names to start me off. Fortunately it's only around 120 years old so there shouldn't be many occupants.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹

Return to “Ongoing Family Research”