Town Council Budget

Tardis

Town Council Budget

Post by Tardis »

Hopefully it is attached:

I believe that Barlick has the highest Precept in Pendle, numbers are available on the Pendle site. Colne is only £65,000 when it is nearly twice the size.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Re: Town Council Budget

Post by Whyperion »

Is Colne doing less , or has more income , perhaps measure should be on miles of pavements in each area , I think Barlick has more compared to population.
Main Spend - Rates - thats to LCC anyway , Insurance , this seems high , is it pro rata to Colne area ? , Hanging Baskets ( Hmm , maybe thats why the Insurance is so high ,Barlick Pride Environmental , I assume Backing Barlick is part of Pendle grant/s , Eventful Barlick ( Whats happening - Its that the Tent/Sand/Christmas Trees ? )
Basically after a rough adjustment for CTax reductions for older persons etc , Would anyone think that an Extra £20 or so a year on the Council tax for the privilage of living in Barnoldswick is not worth it compare to Colne ? (Ones views on that may change if Superstores arrive and hard pressed smaller retailers leave the town ).
Tardis

Re: Town Council Budget

Post by Tardis »

Not sure I understand the pavement question.

They are swept out of Pendle's budget, and repaired through LCC's.

Insurance may well include the public liability for putting the tent up, although I wouldn't swear to that.

The only "Rates" the town council has is on the Old Mortuary on Butts as it is their only property.

About £1500 per month for the plants in the square (private contractor).

Every time the tent goes up it costs about £7,500 (private contractor)

It pays to rent space in the Rainhall Centre (private body), when presumably it would be much reduced if it actually took place in the Civic Hall (Pendle).

Majority of the money spent is on those events in the town square, and your opinion may be varied according to whether you participate.

I don't think it is about a premium to be able to live in Barnoldswick in the case of the precept, because the Town Council has no statutory duty to provide any services and the budget clearly demonstrates that. Some of the money may be better spent on those hard pressed sections experiencing real budget cuts and possibly causing unemployment.

Return to “Town Council”