Pendle Core Strategy

Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Re: Pendle Core Strategy

Post by Whyperion »

One comment caught my eye, from a plant hire and repair company . "My business operates from a grade 2 listed silk
loom assembly shop. While the premises work at a basic level, they have limitations for heavy equipment repair (Medium
Industry) and expansion on this historic site is impossible. The business is doing well but needs to move to larger modern
premises without columns, with better insulation and services to reduce the carbon footprint and improve working
conditions. Change of use to allow the premises to be better aligned with the market will be essential to allow us to expand
and take on more employees. The Officer's Recommendations suggesting the proposed reviews of existing planning use
designations with sustainability appraisals would help us to improve the contribution we make to the local economy"

Looks like there is a need for affordable , suitable , engineering and repair premises around the borough , I think that is a positive for the future.

Return to “Borough Council”