This Boat Won't Float.

Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

This Boat Won't Float.

Post by Whyperion »

Finally got round to photoing (I misplaced earlier pictures) a clinker built boat 'Gull' , having nil maintenance and not seen water other than the rain in at least 28 years plus it does have some redeeming features. Being one of Father's projects that he never got quite round to finishing ( new marine ply infills were made and ribs shaped being steamed in the flat's kitchen about 27 years ago, they remain unfitted lurking under the minor traveller. Bags of copper nails and rivet heads and other bits do remain in my Father's loft , but I have no desire to tackle this one. Powered by either oars ( two pairs have we , with and without rowlocks , or a Watermota (?) 'Shrimp' Engine to a variable-pitch propeller, by careful replacement of timbers she could yet be suited for a meanader along the Leeds-Liverpool canal or similar quiet waterway.

Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Re: This Boat Won't Float.

Post by Whyperion »

PS on the garage wall is a roll of copper? ?plaster? filled ?cable? (Its not co-axial cable for TV/radio feeds etc ) if anyone can make use of it , let me know , gratis and its yours ( collection only and presently in London )
Bodger

Post by Bodger »

Re copper cable, it is probably Pyrotenax
http://www.pyrosales.com.au/fire-surviv ... ival-cable
Whyperion

Post by Whyperion »

Thanks, still not certain what I can do with , or why I have pyro cable- there is a tobacco tin of matching saddles as well, I think it was a left-over from some work In a telephone exchange.

Noted and remember that the boat engine is (in part if not whole) a Viller's

Return to “Boating”