Spring 2015

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Spring 2015

Post by Stanley »

Maz. you are not alone in appreciating the value of early morning and late evening low angle sunlight. Michaelangelo choose his marble in such light because he could 'see inside the stone'. Many photographers seek out that light because the low angle reveals detail that is otherwise lost in the contrast. Look at trees when the light reaches the underside of the leaves, they look completely different... As for the bed, as I have commented before we would get on well!
Wendy, you have my sympathy! Height makes such a difference and this last couple of days you have been paying for your view! I hope the lads were snug in the barn. Lovely thought....
Very windy yesterday and last night and it was a very quirky one! During the evening it kept lifting the door knocker on the front door and tapping for entry. Never heard that before, it drove Jack to distraction! We had hail and hard snow in the afternoon and evening, very cold wind chill. Less wind this morning but light rain on the wind. Glass is almost up to 29.3" so some improvement can be expected as regards the wind. Forecast is for a colder day but less wind chill as the stiff breeze gets away from the north and into the west. Bright overcast until late morning but then increasing chance of rain for the rest of the day. Expected high of 5C as the wind warms up a bit. We are off for our walk now at just after 06:00.
Later after the walk and one or two small jobs. A cold but dry walk with much less wind. Just as we got back home it started to hail but not heavily. A day for indoors for old farts like me....
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Much calmer weather but damp because of scattered showers. Dry at the moment so we are off for our walk! glass much higher at 29.3". Forecast is much better, a bright overcast but mainly dry day with a light west wind and an expected high this afternoon of 6C. We are off into the dawn.....
o6:25. Back in the hutch after a pleasant walk, no wind, no rain and warmer than of late. This and better will do!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

Beautiful days here in Adelaide, our Easter will start at 23C and work it's way down to 17C (with rain for Monday).
We put our clocks 'back' on Saturday night/Sunday morning.
Nights are definately getting cooler (despite what Marilyn says :smile: ).

Have a Lovely Easter Everyone.
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

We're having a nice day here Cathy, full sun with some warmth in it and almost calm.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Cazza...shall I knit you some winter pyjamas to match the Jane Fonda leg-warmers I made you?

( I made Febby a pair of leg-warmers too, which he was very scathing about, said they were ridiculous and wouldn't be seen dead in them. I didn't expect him to wear them in public but thought they were good to wear when spending the day at his computer desk. I am hiding them. He can beg for them with icicles hanging from his chin before I tell him where they are. He has very bad circulation and I recall relaying him hot water bottles at his desk last winter...but he can whistle this winter. I shall not waver. How dare he scoff at hand knitted Jane Fonda style leg-warmers! The hide of the man.)

:laugh5: I also made knitted woolly covers for the two hot water bottles he takes to bed each night. ( more scathing remarks).
I think my knitting is getting out of hand....
Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

I love, love, love my leg warmers.. especially wearing them first thing in the morning while I sit watching a bit of morning tv and having my first cuppa :gorgeous:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I haven't seen leg warmers for years! Do you remember these Mary Quant socks in 1976?

Calm and mild this morning but it has rained recently. Dry at the moment. Glass back slightly at 29.2" Forecast is for a mild day, gentle breeze starts in the east and gradually works its way round through North to NW by late tonight. Good chance of rain all day. Expected high of 5C. A mild outlook for the Easter weekend.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

Move over Mary Quant, check these out (be nice!). Cool aren't they?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Very glamorous Cathy! Photo taken after your early morning workout?
Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

Ha I wish, no it was the first time I tried them on and took a pic to show Marilyn. They are worn often first thing in the morning
and with our Winter coming I'm sure they will get quite a 'work-out'. :)
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

You will be doing unspeakable things to Stanley's blood pressure, flashing your knees like that Cazza...
Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

Well he doesn't appear to have come on at all this morning, most unusual, maybe he looked at this topic first and had to go for an early lie down and still hasn't recovered. Oops :-)
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Stanley posted at 4.33am Cathy.
Ian
Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

Yes but I think he normally come's on again after his walk.
Ian did you get my email to you from the 26th March ?
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

I have just picked it up Cathy all the admin mails go to Stephen (Pluggy) but he forwarded it to me, been away with the grandchildren for a few days and only just checked my email. I'll move over to PM rather than clog up this thread with Facebook stuff.
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Up a bit earlier this morning and as this topic was high on the list it gets attended to sooner. Nice knees Cathy and browner then mine....
Don't worry Maz, it takes more than Cazza's knees and your open bedroom window to disturb my heart rate....
Calm dry and fresh out there this morning. Glass is up a touch at 29.3". Forecast is for a bright overcast day with little chance of rain. The wind is very light and in the west at the moment, it will gradually decrease and for a time around midday it will swing into the north but then back into the west. Expected high of 10C. Wind chill will bring that down a touch but still a pleasant day. Good day for walking.....
( had a look in my wardrobe yesterday and my leg warmers are still there hidden in the bottom....)
07:30. A good walk on a pleasant morning. About 4C so not what you'd call spring-like but the birds are active and singing, always a good sign!
11:00. We've been out for a trot on the green. Lovely sunny day, lots of people sitting out enjoying the warmth.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Misty, cam and mild with almost a full moon at 4AM. It's brightening up now. Glass is up at 29'5". Looks promising! Forecast is good. We are promised a bright dry day with a very light west wind and an expected high of 13C!
We've had our walk and even at 6AM it was a very pleasant morning for the time of the year. This and better will do!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It looks like a rerun of yesterday. From 4AM it has been misty, dry, fresh and a breath of wind from the east. The glass is up slightly at 29.6". The forecast is for another dry bright day with a light, steady west to WNW breeze all day. The expected high is slightly lower at 12C and reverting to mist late in the day. This is good settled weather....
We've had our walk and once again it was very pleasant but still enough nip in the air to wear the Crombie! I like this weather......
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

chinatyke
Donor

Post by chinatyke »

Stanley wrote:Up a bit earlier this morning ....
I reckon we get up at the same time, Stanley. 4am in Barlick and 12 noon in Nanning. :grin:
Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

Cold, blustery and raining here in Adelaide. I've had to put the heater on, feels more like Winter than Autumn.
Brrr
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Noon would mean I was poorly China! Cathy, commiserations... it's looking as though it's going to break out into another nice day here once the mist clears. I'll bet from Wendy's the valley was sea of white this morning.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Thick mist up here too, Stanley. We went to Skipton last night for a concert at the Mart theatre and the drive home was very difficult, especially Clogger's lane coming up from Elslack to Pinhaw without the help of white lines!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It hung on didn't it. Just starting to open up down here in the valley....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Much thicker mist this morning, indeed I think you could call it fog. Glass still rising, up to 29.8" this morning. Forecast is for a similar day to yesterday, sun will come through after dinner. Expected high of 12C. Outlook is for the same. We may have wintered!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Beautiful day yesterday when the fog lifted! Not as misty this morning but calm and dry. Glass is steady on 29.8". Forecast is for a bright sunny day with a very light breeze, currently in the east but soon swinging round and ending in the SE later tonight. Expected high of 14C. It's 06:00 at the moment, Jack and I are off for our walk....
40 minutes later we are back in the hutch.... Jack is empty and has investigated all his smells. A moon, just past full, hanging high in an almost clear sky, just a touch of mist. Virtually calm and about 4C, still justifies the Crombie! It looks like the start of a lovely day.... This and better will do!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “Seasons”