TODAY'S PENNINE WEATHER

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: TODAY'S PENNINE WEATHER

Post by Stanley »

It's a far better day than the forecast suggested. I am thinking of having another walk.....
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I had a second walk and it was fine but cold in the wind. At 20:00 we had significant rain. This morning it's breezy cool and overcast. The glass is on 10014mb and rising. The forecast is for a day of sunny spells and perhaps occasional light showers. The moderate WSW wind gives us a high of 15C, a low of 9C and a wind chill of -3C. The outlook is for similar weather but perhaps a bit cooler.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I had my walk and sit but it was too cold to sit around for long. I consulted with my postman and he agreed it was chilly....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday afternoon was overcast and the wind was chilly. At 20:00 There was no change. This morning it is still overcast and chilly with a slight breeze and the glass is down on 1011mb. The forecast is overcast this morning, light showers from 10:00 onwards with sunny intervals this afternoon. We have a constant moderate SW wind again which gives a high of 15C and a low of 10C tonight with a -2C chill all day. The outlook is for similar but cooler weather. No sign of a summer heatwave yet!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

We have early light rain.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

Temperature reached 21C today, very nice.
And my gosh, looks like we have some rain coming 😊 🌦
29CBDC2F-41F6-4421-A78F-45DC41A2E2E0.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Enjoy.... Ours has stopped now so I might get my walk in.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday afternoon was drier and milder than forecast. Very little wind and what there was was mild. At 20:00 it was calm overcast and dry. Same first thing this morning and it hasn't changed. The glass is down on 999mb and falling. The forecast is for a boring overcast but mainly dry day with a chance of a shower or a sunny spell at any time. The constant light WSW wind gives us a high of 13C and a low of 8C with a -2C chill. The outlook is for exactly the same sort of weather for the next week with the exception of a sub tropical 16C next Saturday or Sunday!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday afternoon was grey and cold if you were sat in the wind. At 20:00 it was the same and this morning it is overcast, a slight breeze and it is dry. The glass is down slightly on 997mb. The forecast is for sunny spells and after Noon we may have showers. The West or WNW wind is moderate and gives a high of 13C and a low of 9C with a chill of -3C. The outlook is for similar boring weather but just a chance of an improvement at the end of the week. Don't hold your breath!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It's spotting with rain after a sunny start!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday afternoon got sunnier as it went on and at 20:00 we had full sun coming in under the clouds but they increased in the West and we had a cloudy night. This morning we have cloud, the occasional spatter of rain and it's mild and a light breeze. Not enough rain to wet the flags yet.... The glass is up on 1002mb and the forecast is for rain to come in around 07:009 and last until midday when it will revert to dry weather, overcast with sunny intervals. The SW/ West w3ind is brisk and gusts to 35mph giving a high of 14C and a low of 10C with a significant chill in the wind that will reach -4C at times. The outlook is for dryer similar weather, no heat wave in sight!
Later at 06:00. The rain is gradually getting heavier, the flags are wet now......
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday never inspired me enough to get me out of the house! At 20:00 it had improved and we had a sunny end to the day. First thing this morning we had a light breeze, it was clear and dry. It has now started clouding over. The Glass is up on 1012mb. The forecast is for the rain to come in soon and last until mid afternoon when it will brighten and we will have a sunny end to the day. The mainly WSW wind is brisk and gusts to almost 40mph in the middle of the day giving a high of 14C and a low of 8C with a -3C chill. The outlook is still for very similar weather for the next week.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

The rain came in dead on time at 07:00......
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday stuck to the script and we had a sunny end to the day but that wind made it too cold for me. I Must be getting old! At 20:00 we had low sun, a breeze and a clear sky behind the cloud in the West. This morning first thing it was calm cool and clear. There is some cloud coming in now but it's still dry. The glass is up on 1017mb. The forecast is for an overcast day with sunny spells, more cloud in the afternoon. The Brisk mainly WNW wind gusts to 35mph and gives a high of 13C and a low of 6C with as much as -4C chill during the day. Another cold day! (The CH kicked in yesterday and this morning....) The outlook is for more cool overcast weather like this, summer isn't here yet even though we approach Flaming June!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday was a rerun of the day before but with more wind. At 20:00 it was sunny but breezy and cool. The CH kicked in night and morning. This morning it was breezy cool and we have a clear sky. The glass is up sharply on 1023mb. The forecast is for a sunny start but cloud comes in mid morning and we have an overcast afternoon in prospect with a chance of a shower this evening. The moderate wind starts as WNW and finishes as ENE giving a high of 15C and a low of 7C with a -1C chill all day. This will look sub-tropical for the next three days as we have a cooler spell down to 11C and then warming slightly.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday afternoon was dry, bright and sunny but still cooled by that wind! At 20;00 it was calm, and cool, good sun coming in under the cloud cover but that soon became simply overcast. First thing this morning it was calm cool dry and 50% cloud cover, it's now increased to 100%. The forecast is for a cloudy dry day with perhaps a shower in the late evening. The moderate Northerly wind gives us a high of 12C and a low of 8C with a -2C chill most of the day. The outlook is even colder tomorrow and then back to similar to today. Flaming June comes in on Wednesday with a miserly 13C. There is no full moon to rescue us until the 14th of June.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

9F03C23E-998D-4811-B618-195D8DE82891.png
Gosh, talk about starting Winter right on time, and tonight we have a severe weather warning for damaging winds.

It had better be finished by the time I have to catch my bus at around 8am tomorrow morning! 😕
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

You're not a lot better off then us Cathy.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I have had my walk and a sit opposite the bookies. Surprisingly pleasant because I was out of the wind and in full sun which has a lot of heat in it at this time of the year. I noticed as I walked home that as soon as you got into the wind the position changed and there are some very dark clouds out to the south......
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday finished as overcast and dry. That was the position at 20:00. This morning first thing it was calm, cool , dry and overcast. It's still the same and the CH has kicked in but the forecast gives rain starting any time now. The glass is down on 1010mb and the forecast is for most of the day to be overcast and rain at any time. The constant SW wind is moderate giving a high of 10C and a low of 7C with a -3C chill at times. The outlook is for two more very cool days and then June may start a slow warm up but still overcast and wet.
07:30. It's spotting with rain and the CH is on again. That just about sums up today's weather.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

It's a much cooler day today, the programmer changes from 19 to 20 degrees at 5pm every day and the heating fired up today. It's not done that in a while.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

My new thermostat is set on about 20 degrees Kev, the old one kept me warm enough at 18C. I suppose there is always doubt about accuracy.....
Yesterday afternoon was dull, cool and eventually a few spots of rain at about 20:00. First thing this morning, no doubt, we had cold rain and it's light cold rain now.... The CH is on. The glass is down on 1007mb. The forecast is for overcast until mid afternoon and then sunny spells, a chance of light rain at any time. The mainly northerly wind is light and gives us a high of 12C and a low of 7C with a -1C chill. The outlook is for things to gradually warm up and brighten but don't expect a heat wave just because it is Flaming June!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday afternoon was slightly warmer than the forecast suggested mainly because, when the sun was out, it was so strong. At 20:00 it was calm and overcast, we had had a light spatter of rain, hardly a shower. First thing this morning it was calm, cool and dry under an almost completely clear sky, now it is overcast. The glass is up on 1011mb. The forecast is for an overcast day with occasional sunny spells and light showers. The light mainly northerly wind gives us a high of 14C and a low of 6C with a -1C chill. The outlook is for the weather to improve getting slowly brighter and warmer.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday was once more a better afternoon than forecast. At 20:00 it was calm, mild and dry. This morning we have an almost clear sky, Just a few scattered high clouds coming in. The glass is up on 1017mb and the forecast is for a dry mainly sunny day with cloud increasing this afternoon. The light wind is variable and covers all points of the compass giving a high of 17C a low of 10C and negligible wind chill. The outlook is for similar weather but slightly more cloud and cooler.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday afternoon was quite pleasant in the sun.At 20:00 it was calm, mild and dry but overcast. This morning we have significant rain and it hasn't changed since first thing. The glass is almost unchanged on 1016mb. The forecast is for rain all morning and then cloudy thereafter. The constant ENE wind is moderate and gives a high of 14C and a low of 8C with a -3C chill in the afternoon. The outlook is for similar weather, no heat waves!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “Seasons”