TODAY'S PENNINE WEATHER

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: TODAY'S PENNINE WEATHER

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday was dry and bright. At 20:00 it was still dry but noticeable that it was getting dark earlier. We had clear skies and a moon during the night. (Next full moon on the 21st. Next Tuesday.) This morning it's dry, mild, calm and cloudy. The glass dropped slightly during the night but is rising and back on 1009mb. The forecast is for a dry bright cloudy day. The constant light southerly wind gives a high of 19C, a low of 14C and only a slight wind chill. The outlook is for slightly cooler weather, we might have a bit of rain tomorrow, but on the whole similar quiet weather for the next week.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday afternoon gradually clouded over and by 20:00 it was calm dry and cloudy. Still overcast and calm this morning and the glass is almost unchanged on 1008mb. The forecast is for heavy rain until about 10:00 and it has just started. The constant light west wind gives us a high of 16C and a low of 8C with virtually no wind chill. The outlook is slightly better than today but not much!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday afternoon it brightened up after a very gloomy patch around 15:00, it looked like a thunder storm for a while but by 20:00 it was clearing and we had a good moon last night. This morning it was calm, clear and cool, still the same. The glass is well up on 1018mb and rising. The forecast is for a day of full sun. The constant mainly WNW wind is light and gives us a high of 17C and 11C with a wind chill of -2C. The outlook is for similar weather but more cloud and perhaps an odd shower. Nothing exciting!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday kept its promise and it was still clear at 20:00 after a day of full sun. There was a brilliant full moon during the night but this morning we seem to have cloud. The glass has risen to 1025 and still rising. The forecast is for a dry bright cloudy day. The constant light west wind gives a high of 17C a low of 12C and a chill of -2C. The outlook is for similar cloudy weather.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday was more sunny than the forecast. It was clear at 20:00 and during the night. First thing this morning we had scattered cloud scudding across a full moon about 50% cover. I've just looked out and it's still the same. The glass is down slightly but still high on 1024mb. The forecast is for a bright cloudy day tending towards sunny spells this afternoon. The WSW wind is brisk and gusts to 30mph this afternoon, good for wind power but a bit chilly! The high is 16C and the low is 13C with a -3C wind chill this afternoon. The outlook is not exciting, we are sliding slowly into equinoctial weather.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

One of the weather dollies said yesterday that it would start to feel a lot more like Autumn, I wonder why?

Happy Equinox. :extrawink:
Ian
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

It's a windy day here in Foulridge, about 16 degrees (according to the Care Bears thermometer). The sun peeped through while out for a walk around the block which was nice.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday was dry but a bit more breeze in the afternoon and a cool bookie watch. At 20:00 we had cloud and still a light breeze. First thing this morning we had a wind, light cloud veiling the moon and alight rain. The rain has stopped now but it's breezy and cool. The glass has fallen to 1013mb. The forecast is for a cloudy day. The constant West wind will be brisk and will gust to almost 40mph at times giving a high of 14C and a low of 12C with a -3C wind chill. The outlook is for slightly warmer and brighter weather from Sunday onwards.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday afternoon was dry but breezy, no sun and cool. Bookie watch demanded the A2 leather jacket and sheepskin collar! At 20:00 it was still breezy and cool but dry. First thing this morning at was dry and cool and later the heating kicked in. I've just looked out and the cloud is thin enough to let the moon be clearly visible. The glass has fallen to 1009mb. The forecast is for cloud and light rain until late this afternoon. The constant west wind is brisk and gusts to 30mph giving a high of 17C and a low of 15C with a wind chill of -3C at peak. The outlook is for some unseasonably warm weather for the next two days and then back to cooler brighter weather.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday afternoon was damp and cold with a brisk breeze to rub it in! At 20:00 it was calm and dry but cloudy. First thing this morning it was the same but very mild. Since then there has been a very light shower of rain. The glass is unchanged from yesterday, 1009mb. The forecast is for a cloudy but dry day. The constant light SW wind gives us a high of 19C and a low of 15C with negligible wind chill. The outlook is improving, sun tomorrow and another mild dry day but after that the temperature will drop, there will be sunny spells but showers as well and single figure night time temperatures.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday was cloudy but very mild for the time of year. At 20:00 we had cloud, a light breeze and it was still exceptionally mild. First thing this morning, a light breeze, clear sky and a brilliant moon, still mild. I've just looked out and it's clouded over now. The glass is down on 1005mb and falling slowly. The forecast is for a mainly dry day and cloudy with perhaps sunny intervals after noon. The southerly wind is light and gives a high of 18C and a low of 10C tonight. Expect a wind chill of -2C at times. The outlook is for much cooler weather, more changeable and some heavy rain later in the week.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday afternoon was quite pleasant. At 20:00 we had cloud, a light breeze and it was dry. First thing this morning we had a breeze carrying light rain and it was cooler than of late. I've just popped me head out and it has stopped raining but still overcast. The glass has fallen sharply to 995mb. The forecast promises us heavy rain and the wind starts in the South but soon settles as WSW and is brisk with gusts exceeding 30mph. The 'high' is 13C and the low tonight will be 9C and we can expect -3C wind chill any time today. The outlook is for cool unsettled weather with a mix of sun rain and strong wind. Our warm respite appears to be over!
06:00. Windy and raining hard at the moment.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Gloria

Post by Gloria »

We have rain, quite steady and looks set in for the day.
Gloria
Now an Honorary Chief Engineer who'd be dangerous with a brain!!!
http://www.briercliffesociety.co.uk
http://www.lfhhs.org.uk
Gloria

Post by Gloria »

Well I was wrong, it wasn’t set in for the day as it is sun shining now.
Gloria
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday was quite bright and sunny eventually after a dull wet chilly start. At 20:00 it was breezy, cool and clearing. First thing this morning it is clear with a good moon, breezy and the coldest morning this back end, the CH is on. The glass has jumped up to almost 1009mb. The forecast is for it to cloud over and be raining heavily by late morning. The South wind is moderate and gives a high of 13C and a low tonight of 8C with a -3C wind chill at times. The outlook is for similar weather to today. I think the year has turned, there is already a forecast of frost in the Scottish glens....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday I managed a dry walk at noon but then the rain returned for the rest of the day. At 20:00 it was breezy and still rain in the air. First thing this morning there were signs of a recent shower. Since then it has been dry and we have a clear sky with a good moon. The glass is down again on 1007mb. The forecast is for cloud becoming sunny intervals and showers late morning. The mainly WNW wind is brisk and gusts to over 30mph giving a high of 11C and a low of 7C with a wind chill of as much as -4C. This is going to be a cool day and the outlook is for more of the same and perhaps more rain.
06:00. It's raining again, the forecast lied!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Gloria

Post by Gloria »

We had rain of varying sorts yesterday, and during the night it hoofed it down, bouncing off the windows, seems to have settled down this morning and is dry at the moment.
Gloria
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It's brightened up here Gloria and stopped raining. A cool morning though, CH is on and I'm glad!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yesterday afternoon descended to rain shortly after I had my walk. At 20:00 we still had a cold wind and light rain showers. This morning it was dry bur cold and overcast, I've just popped me head out and it has just started raining. The glass has risen to 1015mb. The forecast is for a cold wet day. The mainly SW wind is brisk and gusts to over 35mph giving us a high of 15C and a low of 11C with a wind chill of -3C. The outlook is for even colder and wetter weather. Deep Joy, this is November weather!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Gloria

Post by Gloria »

Fine at the moment but that doesn’t look like it will last, also we have strong gusts of wind, it’s raining leaves.
Gloria
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

We have solid overcast Gloria and constant serious rain. Deep Joy!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It stopped raining just before 12:30 so I grabbed my chance and had a quick ten minute walk. It started raining again as I came down the back street. But at least I have stirred my legs and got some fresh air.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

I brought some rubbish over to the household waste centre at about 11ish when it dried up temporarily here but got soaked. :sad:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I'm afraid we are in for a spell of rough weather Wendy. Susan and I were going to have a set off to Keighley tomorrow but we have ditched it and will have a talk this afternoon when she comes to Barlick for her flu jab.
Just been listening to growers on the radio saying they are planting less veggies and fruit for next year because so much has been destroyed because of lack of labour to deal with it.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

We had serious cold rain when I got up this morning so it looks as though it has rained all night. The glass has fallen to 999mb. The forecast is simple, heavy rain all day. The mainly SW wind is strong and gusts to almost 40mph giving a high of 12C and a low of 7C with a heavy wind chill all day of as much as -4C. We are promised a similar day tomorrow and not much improvement after that. I feel sorry for anyone who has to be outside today!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “Seasons”