The cheap seats

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: The cheap seats

Post by Stanley »

You will be right Ian but I retailed what Boris told me, as you say, a good story! (Still a good price if someone finds it!)
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
hartley353

Post by hartley353 »

We used to go to the Majestic on a saturday afternoon,think it used to cost 3d. One year my aunty took me and my sister to Downham/Rimington where they were filming Whistle Down the Wind, When we got there there was no filming going on just a few vehicles and folks stood around,but a year later I got to go to a showing of this in the evening. I felt realy grown up.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I once went to the last bush theatre in NSW. Open to the air and rows of canvas seats suspended from galvanised iron pipe. Warnings about snakes.....
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Sunray10
Regular User

Post by Sunray10 »

Its a lovely film 'Whistle Down The Wind', Stanley. Yes it was filmed in Downham, Rimington and at Towneley Hall and a few other local places. The farm used was Worsaw Hill farm, I believe. Probably still there, just up the lane from Downham. They used the school and community centre in the village, and that old wooden cafe at Towneley Park. Love the music too. Its so haunting.

Return to “Nostalgia”