Coronavirus (Covid19) Corner

Sue
VIP Member

Re: Coronavirus (Covid19) Corner

Post by Sue »

but why should we be searching for information from private sources when the government has all this information available but is keeping it quiet?

Its not hidden any google search will bring it up or go to the government website or the NHS or the office of national statistics. Most people aren’t interested, those that are can easily get hold of it. It doesn’t sell newspapers any more sotherefore not published. That is different from hiding it. I get nearly all my info from those sites . I gave up on the Covid 19 app as it seemed to be expanding into other disease research programs. I am already in one, that is enough
If you keep searching you will find it
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Thanks for your help Sue....
Coincidentally I heard a news report last night that the number of Covid infections had gone up. First time I have heard it mentioned for ages.....
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Stanley wrote: 11 Jun 2022, 03:05 Thanks for your help Sue....
Coincidentally I heard a news report last night that the number of Covid infections had gone up. First time I have heard it mentioned for ages.....
I heard that too, but only to be expected after Jubilee celebrations. It is over a week ago
Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Post by Whyperion »

Sue wrote: 11 Jun 2022, 06:16
I heard that too, but only to be expected after Jubilee celebrations. It is over a week ago
Didnt do much for the Jubilee - in the park for an hour or so and a bit extra at church, everyone else seems OK but the Cold I started on Friday has tested postitive for Covid and I seem to have given it to mother. Its an annoying cough/sore throat/lousy taste/can I sleep it off one so presumably one of the Omicron dodging ones tempered by having tail end of immunity control from the last booster jab (one due now , so not certain how many days to leave after -ve test - 14?)
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

There's a vaccination bus in the Co op carpark on Friday 24th June. No need to book, over 75s or vulnerable just turn up for a booster.
FB_IMG_1655909949443.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I'm confused. Do I need another booster? I thought I had had all of them.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

A second booster has been available since March 2022 for the over 75s and those who are 'vulnerable'.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Big Kev wrote: 22 Jun 2022, 15:01 There's a vaccination bus in the Co op carpark on Friday 24th June. No need to book, over 75s or vulnerable just turn up for a booster.
FB_IMG_1655909949443.jpg
The uptake of boosters was quite low. They are really pushing it now due to the upsurge after the Jubilee celebrations and the increase in covid numbers, which actually are very low in comparison to other waves of increase.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Whyperion wrote: 21 Jun 2022, 20:38
Didnt do much for the Jubilee - in the park for an hour or so and a bit extra at church, everyone else seems OK but the Cold I started on Friday has tested postitive for Covid and I seem to have given it to mother. Its an annoying cough/sore throat/lousy taste/can I sleep it off one so presumably one of the Omicron dodging ones tempered by having tail end of immunity control from the last booster jab (one due now , so not certain how many days to leave after -ve test - 14?)
I am not sure how long you wait after an infection before a booster but I think it is longer than 14 days . I will see if I can find something out
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Thanks for that both of you. I have had that second booster. I was getting the impression that I had missed something and needed another.... I shall stop nattering now!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

plaques
Donor

Post by plaques »

Just a general note on mask wearing. Taking yesterday as an example.
Colne Health centre .............Compulsory.
Boots Chemists. ..................No signage .......staff not wearing any. .............Just me.
Shops ...........as for Boots.
Sainsburys. some staff. about 5 customers.
Outside ............Nobody
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Outside ...nobody was always the norm unless social distancing could not be followed.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Whyperion wrote: 21 Jun 2022, 20:38
I found this.....

Vaccines information - Vaccine development programmes -

How long do I have to wait after having COVID to get my vaccination? Adults can have the vaccine 28 days after a positive test for COVID-19 or 28 days after symptoms started, whichever is earlier. This is in line with Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI) guidance.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I still wear my mask for shops and they are compulsory at doctor's. Very occasional instances of outdoor mask wearing, always very old people. (Like me at times!)
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

Yes masks are compulsory in any health setting, I think. I always carry one with me but don’t often wear it. It depends on the situation. I rarely go in a shop and when I do they are nearly always pretty empty. I don’t go in busy ones at all.

Bob is testing negative but still has a sore throat and a cough. Our friend Keith has a bad cold and is testing negative but they have cancelled lunch with us as Keith really does not feel well. This means Wendy may not get to Todmorden to take the u3a art as he drives her there, so its over to me until our other convenor gets back from the dentist. I hope it all sorts itself out one way or another as tomorrow Wendy and I go to the Lakes for an art week . Colds we can cope with but covid means its all off and thats £200 each lost on our shared accommodation with the third member of our party. She can’t afford to pay it all herself

As well as art and lunch I have some washing and ironing to do and packing to finish , not sure of the weather. It was supposed to rain during the night but didn't , however a wet week is forecast. Have a good day all
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

No shed because of the attraction of the news. I'm having breakfast now and listening (With some pleasure) to Mr Raab wriggling on the hook and trying to defend the indefensible... They are in trouble..... :biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Gloria

Post by Gloria »

Our doctors in Eccleston did not have compulsory mask signage up any more, and very few people were wearing them yesterday.
Gloria
Now an Honorary Chief Engineer who'd be dangerous with a brain!!!
http://www.briercliffesociety.co.uk
http://www.lfhhs.org.uk
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Gloria wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 07:32 Our doctors in Eccleston did not have compulsory mask signage up any more, and very few people were wearing them yesterday.
It is certainly compulsory at our Doctors and our hospital Trust if not all of those in Greater Manchester . Bobs test was negative again, but Keith has taken to his bed which is not like him at all .
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

An interesting article dated june 22

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... %20instead.
Gloria

Post by Gloria »

45B00439-6081-45E7-BB70-60736025492A.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gloria
Now an Honorary Chief Engineer who'd be dangerous with a brain!!!
http://www.briercliffesociety.co.uk
http://www.lfhhs.org.uk
Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Post by Whyperion »

Sue wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 08:06 An interesting article dated june 22

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... %20instead.
That appears to be for the PCR Test that is being sent out, some people can ask to go on a Anti-Viral treatments programme if the LFT test is Positive. The link appears to tell you how to do the test at home.

Sue wrote: 24 Jun 2022, 08:01Bobs test was negative again, but Keith has taken to his bed which is not like him at all .
Suggest (maybe for both persons) Try a different LFT test manufacturer, I find some of the older ones were more difficult to use and the drip out mechanism didnt work properly compared with others.

One of the You Tube channels I sort of follow , the presenter (based in leafy Surrey) is broadcasting with Covid - probably got from his latest afternoon out at the Golf club on his birthday !
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

The latest infection survey shows that 1.7million people, 1 in 35, contracted Covid last week.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

Professor Sir Jonathon Van Tam gives an interview on BBC. Van Tam Covid

As usual some of it dpesn't make sense to me , but he was he face of authority until fairly recently so surely must be listened to. Note the quick (illogical ?) caveat he slips in at the very end. :smile:
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I heard the interview and thought he made sense. Given the circumstances in his caveat I would do the same. in fact my criteria are more stringent than his.
I always have in mind the fact that by wearing a mask when I do, in places like the Cathedral of Choice, it is as much to protect others from any infections I may be carrying as protecting myself.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

I thought it was an Interesting article today on BBC news online . More or less what I have been saying for weeks if not longer .i think I mentioned about the low uptake of second boosters for 75+ and vulnerable only a couple of days ago

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”