Today I shall be Mainly...

Sue
VIP Member

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by Sue »

Stanley wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 11:47 It wasn't an anti Wales remark."
Well, all right David but less than complimentary about welsh men.
Sue, that jigsaw would drive me mad.
Its a few minutes at a time job. We both drop into it every now and again for a few minutes. There is a logic to the pattern which we have worked out. Once you get half a block done the other half is easy. I did nearly half a block after breakfast. Now doing Cs
If you keep searching you will find it
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Claire said she didn't want us to be bored during lock down :laugh5:
Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

Stanley wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 11:47 less than complimentary about welsh men.
No - not 'welsh men' just the few I have known. Small sample - perhaps a dozen - not enough to generalise about a whole population, which I did not do. :smile:
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I like Welsh Male voice choirs (and bara brith) :biggrin2:
Today, more work on building Margaret's engine. More shielding and keeping warm!
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

One thing that stuck in my mind when we spent a week in Wales...was the size of Welsh men’s THIGHS! All the men I saw had really chunky legs. ( there must be a sport suitable for these chaps). :laugh5:
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

It was a very good art workshop yesterday, a nice snowy frosty scene. I haven’t photographed it yet so can’t show it. Because it finished at 6 it was a bit of a rush to tidy up, eat a meal and be ready for pilates at 8.00 pm

This morning I have physio, unfortunately there is no change in the nerve issue in my feet. I have done my exercises as required and also not done anything in pilates and yoga that brought on the pain, so we shall see what he has to say. I won’t be walking back today as it is pouring with rain.Bob is going to take me and go and fetch a prescription from the chemist whilst I am in the physio. I have had some new covid safety instructions to follow but they are the same as before, except I must not arrive early. Arriving anywhere round here for an appointment at a specific time, between 8.30 - 9.30 is a bit of a gamble but I don’t think there will be a lot of traffic to hold us up.

I have a number of things running through my head that I must do so I will have to prioritise on my tasks for the day . I want to photograph some genealogy bits and pieces that are in the loft, and then I must get on with my art project. I have to write some instructions for the craft project that I shall be leading on zoom in a couple of weeks, and I still have to sort the photo files on my ipad and laptop, and of course there is always my CELTS assessment to tackle . Plenty to keep me busy.

Have a good, if damp , and safe day.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

If the latest version of the weather forecast is right Sue we can expect some snow.
I've just sat down after an hour and a half in the shed. I shall post on that shortly.
I've just been out to have a look and we have significant sleet falling.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

It's settling up here now and looks dark and dreary out there. The ponies, dog, cats and humans will be staying indoors as much as possible! Saying that, I'm just off outside to let hens and ducks into their run. I wonder when the avian flu restrictions will end, I miss having the hens wandering around outside.
Tuesday and Wednesday were chemo days for Col so today and tomorrow are take it easy, recovery days for him. I shall play ponies in the barn and try not to worry too much about them getting on ok. I reckon Sparky exhausted himself yesterday trying to impress! I'll try and get a photo of Minnie.
I know I've posted links to videos on Facebook before but I'm suffering from brain fog right now, can anyone remind me how to do it please?
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Dark and gloomy down here as well Wendy. It's just starting to become snow. Don't be outside any more than you have to.

This was closing time today after a morning of fiddling fitting and adjusting of the valve gear. I think we are doing OK but time will tell!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

plaques
Donor

Post by plaques »

Jigsaws.
Sue wrote: 13 Jan 2021, 14:05 Its a few minutes at a time job. We both drop into it every now and again for a few minutes. There is a logic to the pattern which we have worked out. Once you get half a block done the other half is easy. I did nearly half a block after breakfast. Now doing Cs

Mrs P's sadistic sister who lives in Australia (Question, do all sadistic sisters move to Australia?) once sent a couple of fiendishly difficult jigsaws in the vain hope to stemming the deterioration of my fading brain cells, it didn't work. I still have these puzzles if anyone wants them, The only puzzle is remembering where they are. Job for today. :laugh5:
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Stanley wrote: 14 Jan 2021, 08:12 If the latest version of the weather forecast is right Sue we can expect some snow.
I've just sat down after an hour and a half in the shed. I shall post on that shortly.
I've just been out to have a look and we have significant sleet falling.
The snow arrived on the way to the physio. Its more like sleet but is settling, just.

As for jigsaws we always have one on the go in France. We have a pile of not started and some more to take out from here. We have never had time to do a jigsaw here. This is a novelty . :laugh5:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I have Margaret's engine to get me in the shed. I've had a look at the forecast and they are giving temperatures as low as -6C and they never allow for our height so I suspect it will be too horrible underfoot for any exercise! I don't feel at all guilty about spending the day in slippers.
I got my meds yesterday and the butcher delivers today so I have no need to go out for anything.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

Beautiful dawn, but very cold indeed. Next to no snow. After physio yesterday I spent the day sorting photos on both my laptop and ipad, my treasured genealogical stuff and finally old photo albums of Bobs Mum and Dad. We found a letter in their box, along with some photos. The letter was written on the 14 th January 1970, exactly 51 years ago to the day and looked like it had been written yesterday. It was Bobs letter to his parents telling them my parents were happy for us to get engaged, which we did on the 16th, my 20 th birthday. The photos with it were taken as we had a celebratory drink, having bought the ring in London on a visit to stay with my would be in-laws. We have kept the best of the photos and put them all in one album. We shall reuse the good, old albums to sort our own family photos. A task for another day.

My trip to the physio was less successful. There has been no change so I have yet different exercises to do and to go back in three weeks. Its a weird problem as causes no issues at all 99% of the time but the other 1% feels like a knife in my foot. This morning is dance exercise , followed by a rapid turn around to zoom U3A craft. It will be a late lunch and probably much too icy to go out for a walk afterwards. I have the usual Friday washing to do, ie big towels and a load of dark cottons. Other than that I have nothing else planned.

Have a good day, if you go out an about take care out there , its very cold and slippery
Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

Stanley , is it good safety to wear slippers in a work shed environment?

Just thinking about your toes, if you dropped anything heavy ...
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Good thinking Cathy and on the whole I agree with you but the heaviest thing I was dealing with this morning is a pair of cutters. Not a great deal of danger....
I have funny little pains like that Sue, they creep up and stab me when I least expect them and make me shout many a time. Sorry to have to say it but I have always thought that they are probably connected with old age..... Rogue signals in the nervous system.
I am not going for a walk, I shan't die from lack of movement. I am having my breakfast and I'll post in shed matters. It's not a pretty sight this morning......

I am having to consider quite drastic measures after hitting considerable clearance problems.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Mine are definitely brought on by a specific position of the foot. Its not a short stab its lasts as long as the foot is in that position. The physio says we are a lot further forward than a month ago as I can now control when it happens, we have worked out the precise angle of the foot that does it. It is caused by the nerve being overstretched in that position, but it shouldn’t happen. There was no mention of age in the diagnosis :laugh5: . So my exercises revolve around training to train the nerve not to respond to the stretch. It may not work . If so there are a couple of other options before I have to give up exercise for a month!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

" There was no mention of age in the diagnosis :laugh5: "
Oh good! :biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Stanley wrote: 15 Jan 2021, 09:04 " There was no mention of age in the diagnosis :laugh5: "
Oh good! :biggrin2:
🤣🤣
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I shall be in the shed today addressing some serious faults...... I am in a bit of trouble and have to get myself out of it pronto!
Otherwise exercise might be on the cards later as conditions may be better.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

A wet day, all day is forecast. Yesterdays promising start resulted in yet another day of fog starting by just after breakfast. I had my dance and pilates classes and spent another day doing the jigsaw and sorting photographs. I had a lovely whats app session with Eve. This weeks cookery lesson was chocolate fudge cake we chatted whilst she made the mix, then she popped back later when it was cooked. The lighting was all dark, she had put candles on the cake and lit them, as a birthday cake for me for today. With a bit of synchronisation I blew and she blew them out. What a lovely thought.

Its Bacup market first thing and on return it will be croissants and coffee, cards and present opening. I have seen a few cards arrive during the week, duly smuggled away by Bob . I have just received two identical Jacquie Lawson cards from friends, both with a theme of wine drinking, what are they saying?🤣. I think I will be doing my Lambton Worm art project today, which is going to take some time. This evening we are having a take away banquet as a replacement for our usual meal out.

Have a good if wet day everyone.
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Happy Birthday Sue! :happybd:
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

I have just had another message and virtual cake from Erin et al, with full musical rendering of Happy Birthday, candles and empty plates after eating my cake 🤣🤣
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Happy Birthday Sue!

We went for a bike ride and did 21 Kilometres ! I couldn’t believe it when my son produced evidence from his phone.
It was an overcast morning and not unbearably hot, so I enjoyed every moment. ( he brought his bike to ours, so it was coastal paths along the beach). Not an ounce of pain...not even a twinge, so feeling very proud of myself. A GOOD DAY!
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Sounds good Maz!
Sue, virtual you will be piling the weight on with all these cakes :laugh5:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

We're enjoying wind and rain here as well Sue. (Not the best day for your birthday ! Many happy returns!) The good thing is that it's washing away the snow, not all gone yet but a lot less than there was first thing.
I've had an interesting two hours in the shed, worth looking at?

Here's where I finished up at closing time. A lot of my mistakes cleared up and many more to go. But good positive progress.
I'm having my breakfast at the moment and then back to bed for second sleep.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”