Today I shall be Mainly...

Sue
VIP Member

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by Sue »

Morning

Can’t believe its morning, slept sound last night . This will be short as we are up and out early as my car has its MOT and service today .

My visit to Wendy and Barry went well, they are generally good for in their mid 80 s but Barrys mobility is getting worse due to severe arthritis in his feet . Other news from yesterday is we have a plan about the problems appearing re Daves debts etc. I knew my brother Bob would not let Bob take over the executor role but at least he/we now have some tasks to tackle. There are issues that have arisen about the flat present occupancy that I cannot discuss online but we hope to resolve that this weekend when we collect the chair. To put it bluntly it is a mess.

Maxine is coming round this afternoon for a demo on my embroidery machine. Pilates this evening at the studio . Oh and my new laptop has arrived and that needs setting up. Did I mention that my other that I do all my zoom, and writing on has decided to play up. One of the keys on the touch pad has stopped working limiting the various actions I can do....a real pain

Have a good day
If you keep searching you will find it
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Morning Sue.. I detect your frustration due to the flat and things that can't be made public. I suspect that if you and I were to sit down quietly we'd have a lot of complaints in common. Mainly though it is the law and the lawyers..... that's why I call my situation Jarndyce v. Jarndyce.... :furious3:
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Lots of little things done and here we are at knocking off time, I think you can see the progress.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Stanley wrote: 24 Nov 2021, 07:48 Morning Sue.. I detect your frustration due to the flat and things that can't be made public. I suspect that if you and I were to sit down quietly we'd have a lot of complaints in common. Mainly though it is the law and the lawyers..... that's why I call my situation Jarndyce v. Jarndyce.... :furious3:
Unfortunately there is no money for solicitors which makes this doubly difficult . As far as we can tell my brother Bob did freeze the bank account but he personally carried on paying for the flat as the chair is still there, Lily too. If we can get the chair out he can stop the payments then we can sort the occupancy out. I think you may get the gist of what I am saying here. Luckily the metres were read 4 weeks ago and that is all we intend paying on the estate
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I understand Sue. In our case we can't stop the management payments that are being milked from the estate while the lawyers go through their incredibly slow gavotte. There is a place reserved in hell for these people. Onwards and upwards!
The plinth fairy came during the night......

Today I shall be moving forwards again, not quite sure of the direction yet! Bookie watch will happen but I shall be well wrapped up!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

Beautiful morning but cold . I have art in Haslingden, and am taking the session but may not go over Owd Bwtts but may go through Bacup and Rawtenstall instead. I shall do a bit of Christmas sewing this afternoon and this evening we are out for a meal with our friend Kath.

We managed some progress yesterday on Dave issues and although Bob M ( my brother) did not want to pass over to Bob he seems a lot happier now some of the bigger tasks have been dealt with at our end. We have arranged for a cousin in Keighley to help Bob H ( my Bob) collect the chair on Sunday. We shall collect the keys from Lily or whoever else is living there on Saturday and we have cancelled our lease commitments. We shall check the electricity meter and note any changes from our final readings of 4 weeks ago, and give notice that the furniture will be collected by a house clearance next week unless the new lease is signed as promised weeks ago. We shall collect any mail and hope there are hints there as to who gave the loans for the chair etc. Thus they can be contacted and given notice to collect said items.we are still trying to redirect mail. Some other outstanding jobs have been dealt with . It will be long slow progress but leaps will be made this weekend

A busy day was had . I had a successful session demoing my embroidery machine to Maxine, Bob managed to load a lot of software on my laptop, my car passed its MOT but I decided to do online pilates rather than go out to the studio. It was a wet cold evening.

Have a good day all, stay warm.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

The chair might have labelling that identifies the owner Sue. It sounds as though you are making progress....

Small tasks this morning. One of them was to divide, mark and drill the two lids. I always enjoy using Johnny's 1927 lathe.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Stanley wrote: 25 Nov 2021, 08:12 The chair might have labelling that identifies the owner Sue. It sounds as though you are making progress....

Small tasks this morning. One of them was to divide, mark and drill the two lids. I always enjoy using Johnny's 1927 lathe.....
Yes we shall look .We presume it will have been bought through a finance company who technically own it. That is one of the things we need to find out . Presumably the chair company knows who financed it if they arranged finance.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Not setting off today and we are promised wild weather, the only reason I have for going out is for early doors shopping at the Co-op. I shall probably have an hour in the shed before that as I can have a long sleep afterwards..... I shall wait and see what it's like around noon before deciding on bookie watch.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

No shed and I've done the shopping. I'm having breakfast now and will be looking at second sleep. Those monks knew what they were doing!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

Its wild and windy this morning. I have dance exercise followed by an appointment at the asthma clinic to review my change in medication...which seems to be working. Then its lunch at The Shepherds Rest and a short trip over to see Claire afterwards to deliver an Advent calendar to Erin. We had a photo of her sent 10 minutes ago wearing her new prescription glasses. They suit her and she is unphased by having to wear them. So many kids do these days from quite an early age

Bob spent all day tackling Dave issues. He tried to redirect mail online but could not and was told he needed a certified copy death certificate or the original and not a scanned copy, sent by Bob M. The original is being used by him in Cardiff and all certified copies are being used elsewhere so we had to order some more from the Registry office in Huddersfield. As we needed them urgently there was an extra charge so another £70 has been spent that we will never recoup. We decided to walk to Whitworth post office in the afternoon to see if we could do it in person rather than online but no luck there either. It was a cold afternoon for a walk and we averaged 3.5 miles an hour walking very briskly indeed. It took us just 1 hr 15 min to do the 3.75 miles . It is a fairly flat route. My art session went well in the morning and we had a lovely meal with Kath in the evening.

Lets hope today does not throw up any more difficult problems to resolve problems. Have a good day all
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

PS I was delighted to see on facebook this morning that one of my ex students, and tutees, now in her early 30 s and a headteacher in a Primary school academy has won an Inspirational Women of the year award in the NW. This is a girl who always wanted to teach, I found to be a brilliant student, but who was disliked intensely by her A level teachers. He used to ridicule her and ignore her. I even reported him for him to college management for his victimisation . I would love to see his face today ! You see there was A LEVEL snobbery here. She was on a vocational A level equivalent course with an added on A level subject.

Success comes to those who deserve it and she does . I am delighted for her
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

That sounds about right Sue. The maLE TEACHER SHOULD HAVE BEEN SANCTIONED BECAUSE HE BREACHED HIS DUTIES AS A SURROGATE PARENT.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Stanley wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 08:19 That sounds about right Sue. The maLE TEACHER SHOULD HAVE BEEN SANCTIONED BECAUSE HE BREACHED HIS DUTIES AS A SURROGATE PARENT.....
Oh there was a big meeting top manager , the student, me and him. He was made to apologise to the student. He said she kept missing lessons. I said she always had a valid reason. He said he had never been informed, I produced the emails that I had sent to him explaining the circumstances. By this time of course she was 18 so the issue about surrogate parent is not valid, but a supporting teacher he was not. The outcome was she failed her A level but got a Distinction on the GNVQ Health and Social Care course. Who judged her right, well I think the award says it all .
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Well done you Sue for standing up for the lass.
I had 20 minutes on bookie watch. Quite pleasant if you were wrapped up. :biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Normal shed today, all shopping done. Having said that I need to cook. I have to start a pot roast....
We'll see :biggrin2:
Later at 06:00. I've seared my meat, peeled veggies and started a new breast of lamb stew which is now in the oven..... A good half an hour.
I cannot tell a lie, the shed went off me so I am going to have another day off and have breakfast and another sleep. Not a lot of point getting to my age and not being able to do exactly what you want. :biggrin2:
And when I reappear I have more veggie cooking that needs doing!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Stanley wrote: 26 Nov 2021, 13:20 Well done you Sue for standing up for the lass.
I had 20 minutes on bookie watch. Quite pleasant if you were wrapped up. :biggrin2:
All in a days work....

Morning

Its wild out there. We have snow but not much. However its Bacup market today and it could be bad there, personally I am not sure we should go. I will chat to Bob in a minute . He has just come in from the garage as he had to go out and reset the electricity fuse box as half the house went off at about 1.00 am . The trip to collect the chair has been postponed until tomorrow. Bob had the foresight to do that yesterday . He agrees about Bacup. We shall stick the few things we buy on to our Tesco delivery for tomorrow

I shall spend today doing some Christmas sewing and making the toile of my jacket. This evening is u3a wine appreciation. The topic is Beaujolais , but I can see now that there are far more experienced wine appreciators on this site than any of the u3a group members :laugh5: :laugh5: .

Have a good day, don’t venture out unless you have to.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I've given up early Sue, I have had brekkers and am off back to bed. Another day off from the shed.... :biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Later and all my cooking is done. I have had a short walk and bookie watch, bitterly cold but i had ten minutes on the bench, that air is like wine!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

There will definitely be shed this morning..... Can't have these lazy habits creeping in!
A well wrapped up bookie watch seems to be on the cards as well.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

A productive afternoon sewing wise yesterday, and in the morning we paid a trip to the local tip and recycling centre. As we expected there was no snow in Rochdale itself so once we dropped about 100 feet in the car all was clear. Not so the M62 which was closed from Rochdale to Huddersfield so we are glad we cancelled our trip . Lets hope we can make it today.

Whilst in Rochdale we also called in at ALDI as there bargain offers included some lovely enamelled cast iron cooking pots. We bought a small one last week and a bigger one this week . These are as good as the French Le Creuset pots and a fifth of the price This resulted in a clear out and clean of the kitchen cupboard to find space for them, out went some very old pyrex, so e mugs from a German Christmas market trip in 2014 and a couple of baby bowls. Once in the mood I cleared out old toys and accumulated a bag full of good stuff for the hospice shop. They will make ideal Christmas presents . Wine appreciation was cancelled. One couple is on holiday, another couple is visiting family in Wales, a third couple had a power cut all day so had things to do. So the remaining three couples cancelled.

Today is zoom art with Briony, then we shall put the slow cooker on with something for our evening meal and tootle up to Cleckheaton . I hope the roads are clear. We have blankets and ground sheets ( bought yesterday at screw fix) to cover the chair to protect it from the elements. Whilst up there we have a number of other things to sort out in the flat including a search for anymore paperwork.

Its going to be a cold day, stay warm
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I hope the Cleckheaton trip goes well Sue.....
I've been in the shed, I'll be back later....

A mistake retrieved and a cylinder ready for more drilling and tapping tomorrow.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

As it is snowing again , the Cleckheaton trip has been put off again until tomorrow
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

As has bookie watch Sue. I shall watch it through the window. About 2" of a fall at the moment.....

Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I shall be in the shed this morning and will not be going out until the snow and ice has gone from the pavements. I do not need to go out for anything.... I'll report later.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”