Today I shall be Mainly...

MickBrett
Donor

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by MickBrett »

Big Kev wrote: 20 Dec 2021, 22:27 I'll be back to work on Wednesday.
Please edit your post to remove that offensive word ! :laugh5:
MickBrett
Donor

Post by MickBrett »

Cleaning.

Pre Christmas clean up is underway.
Jan attacked the kitchen while I did the master bedroom.
Me back's killing me :-(
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Sue, cloth or cast iron, they both need care and attention. Glad Erin's back on form, you didn't mention her yesterday.
Kev, I have no presents to wrap ans Susan and I have done Xmas arrangements. We meet on Friday in Barlick but don't go anywhere, both tested that morning. After that I shall shut the door on the world!
This morning more quiet work on the engine, then the rest of the day depends on the weather. It looks like bookie watch at noon!
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

I have received this email from Graham in China.

Wendy,
I'm still alive but in Nanning Army Hospital on palliative care again. I can't message the site so please can you pass on and say goodbye to everyone. thanks.
Keep up the good work, peace and harmony to all.
Graham
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

MickBrett wrote: 20 Dec 2021, 23:09
Big Kev wrote: 20 Dec 2021, 22:27 I'll be back to work on Wednesday.
Please edit your post to remove that offensive word ! :laugh5:
:biggrin2:
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

Dear Graham
Love from Cathy and Marilyn
Peace and Harmony Xx Xx
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

Sad message from China this morning. My thoughts are with him and his family.

Today we are off to Cleckheaton on our final trip to the flat. It is now clear and we need to mop the floor where things have been standing, read the meters and return the keys. But first I will have to have my lateral flow test, at least these new tests are quick and you don’t have to wait 30 minutes after eating and drinking. I feel fine so fingers crossed. we have to do this for at least 7 days after we were with Erin

We drove up to Claires last night to leave the Christmas presents from Claires friend. We dropped them off in the front porch, and waved at Adam through the window. Erin waved too and she looked like she was back to her normal self. Claire was dozing in bed having maintained a level of activity with Erin all day. We may have to go up again on Thursday to collect their meat order from the butchers. On the way home it occurred to me that we needed some meat for Christmas should we not be able to go to Coventry, so we popped into the CO OP supermarket and bought a turkey crown. Being 8.45 pm the shop was empty.

Otherwise yesterday we did a short walk to the local post box and extended to a 3 mile circuit, and in the afternoon I started to adjust my jacket pattern . This afternoon I will continue with that .I have Pilates and yoga this evening

Have a good day
If you keep searching you will find it
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Morning Sue..... Yes, thinking about Graham....
I'm glad you can get the flat off your backs. Good luck with the legalities.... I am only too aware of the complications that can arise!

Many small jobs but at closing time I was half way through one of them, making oil cups for the top caps of the main bearings.... Bit of a mystery because they are flagged up but not specified so I made my own.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Wendyf wrote: 21 Dec 2021, 06:43 I have received this email from Graham in China.

Wendy,
I'm still alive but in Nanning Army Hospital on palliative care again. I can't message the site so please can you pass on and say goodbye to everyone. thanks.
Keep up the good work, peace and harmony to all.
Graham
Sad news.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Sad news indeed, our thoughts are with Graham and family.
Ian
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Yes, we trust he will get the best care possible - we've got to know him well and I'm sure he would give a robust reply along the lines of `It's better than in Britain!'
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

So Daves flat is cleared, cleaned , meters read, keys returned.

Back on the covid front, Now Ed in Coventry was in contact with someone yesterday who tested positive today so they're on the daily testing regime. Will Christmas happen in the global Hayter family this year. Who knows. We are negative this morning
Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

Big Kev wrote: 21 Dec 2021, 08:50 I'm still alive but in Nanning Army Hospital on palliative care again.
Thanks for relaying the message. It's bad news, and a brave message.

I don't do prayers - but I do a lot of thoughts - and Graham is top of the list today.

I've just looked on Google maps to try to find the Army hospital in Nanning. Thought I might wave through the the window - but failed to find it. :smile:
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

He mailed me this morning.....It's a bummer!
Today I shall be in the shed for two hours and as it's forecast to be a dry day I shall have a sit on the forms and watch the world go by. We may be poor but we do see life!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

We are off to Bacup market as soon as we have breakfasted and done a lateral flow test. We both still feel fine, but we have to test till Friday. We need to go to Morrisons too before it is crowded, we need food for Christmas in case we are here. We shall be watching the results in Coventry and hoping Ed stays negative . I have just read a BBC article that says if two consecutive negative daily tests at day 6/7 then unvaccinated can stop testing, so we could possibly have a delayed Christmas with Claire. Erin is better and bored, Claire much improved but tired, Adam hardly ill at all.

So as plans are on hold its difficult to plan anything much for the rest of the week. It looks dark out there this morning and no sign of dawn so not a sunny day I think. Have a good day all
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Beautiful dawn forming
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I decided to take the guesswork out of Xmas by cancelling it. Susan and I will test and meet on Friday for coffee in Barlick. Then I shall lock down for the holiday....

I made my oil cups but then spent the rest of the morning starting to remake the bottom brasses because I made a right mess of the originals! If you want to see, pop into shed matters!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Well, once with family, we would have locked down too Stanley. We don’t get to see Julia and family very Often.The girls are at school and have weekend activities, Julia and Ed work full time and they live 130 miles way so we need holidays like Christmas . We can see Claire and family more often like you and Susan

Emergency shopping done, we are negative, Julia and family are negative, lets hope it stays like that
Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

Sue wrote: 22 Dec 2021, 07:27 but we have to test till Friday
Genuine question . . . .

Do you just do the test at home unsupervised, or is it entered to an app, or sent away for the result to be recorded' ?
Do you need to prove that you've done it all?

I don't doubt for a moment that you are doing what's required - but I can imagine there are some who won't be.
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Personally I add the results to the NHS app, I'm sure the majority of the sensible amongst us do the same but the whole process is reliant on trust.
Screenshot_20211222-111746.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Tripps wrote: 22 Dec 2021, 11:14
Sue wrote: 22 Dec 2021, 07:27 but we have to test till Friday
Genuine question . . . .

Do you just do the test at home unsupervised, or is it entered to an app, or sent away for the result to be recorded' ?
Do you need to prove that you've done it all?

I don't doubt for a moment that you are doing what's required - but I can imagine there are some who won't be.
the daily lateral flow we report to the government, I also report it on the Covid 19 app. if it is positive we have to go for a PCR. ONe of the issues with figures is, many don’t bother with the PCR if the lateral flow is positive, especially now they know the lateral flow is more reliable than first thought. Only the PCR tests are on government figures I think and only PCR is genome typed. When you travel abroad etc then the lateral flow has to be supervised. When we came back from France it was done by video link and our result photographed and sent to testers before we were given a certificate. Negative daily lateral flow tests ie not officially checked, cannot be used as evidence of a negative test. Its pretty thorough methodology
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Big Kev wrote: 22 Dec 2021, 11:21 Personally I add the results to the NHS app, I'm sure the majority of the sensible amongst us do the same but the whole process is reliant on trust.
I have never managed to make the link, it always crashes so we go through the government web site
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

The covid 19 app uses PCR and lateral flow test results. They also use random community testing results by the ONS
ACE2B77C-5F6E-471B-8DD9-A77EA9804007.png

Today it shows Rochdale coming down. A nice classic endemic curve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Sue wrote: 22 Dec 2021, 12:11
Big Kev wrote: 22 Dec 2021, 11:21 Personally I add the results to the NHS app, I'm sure the majority of the sensible amongst us do the same but the whole process is reliant on trust.
I have never managed to make the link, it always crashes so we go through the government web site
I stand corrected, I add the results on the .gov website and it shows in the app within a few hours.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Todays negative test will be recorded tomorrow as I log in the morning before I test.
2734B967-B1D4-4FCB-82E6-770858BC354B.png
Not sure where the 20 th is, must have forgotten to log it
Last edited by Sue on 22 Dec 2021, 12:20, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”