Today I shall be Mainly...

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by Stanley »

I shall be in the shed working on my eccentric strap. We have another perfect January day so a midday walk and bookie watch look on! This is wonderful weather.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

I shall finish off the holiday washing today. Its pilates and yoga this morning and I must remember to go online and pay my 4 week block. This afternoon I think we are having a walk to the bank. The forecast is good again so must make the most of it.

Have a good day all.
If you keep searching you will find it
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

You're right Sue, it looks like another nice day for January.....

The eccentric strap is almost finished, it's under the VM ready for boring tomorrow. I think everything is going well. :biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Doing the most accurate job I can of boring and fitting the eccentric strap and Finishing it. Then a sleep and after that it looks as though bookie watch is on as the forecast is again, good.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

Early start today. We walked to the bank yesterday in fact two. Bob had to deposit for the Engineers in one but was setting up an Executors account in another. However the queue in the second for customer support and information was huge and the bank clerk most unhelpful so we decided to try again when they open at 9.30 am. We are not walking but going in the car together. I shall go to Dunelm and buy the new bedding we need , and also to B&M for bird seed then we shall meet back at the car.

Other than that I think it will be a sewing day. I have a few things lined up. Its pilates and yoga this evening . From next week I will go in the studio for that but this week I will stay online. I have decided to keep away from people for another week, although I will attend u3a art on Friday .

The sky is looking clear this morning with a red glow on the hills as the sun is coming up. Another nice day I think. Have a good one
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Morning Sue, I think you are right about the day.... we have a bright start here and the mist is clearing. I'm glad I haven't to deal with banks and wish you the best with it.

Here's where I finished up this morning. The eccentric strap is made and is a perfect fit, I am now working on the link to the valve. It#s all working out all right.... :biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

39D039E6-C429-4520-8387-F083CFB60356.jpeg
385E2903-FC67-4124-B290-6990EF590EE9.jpeg
This was forming for thirty minutes. 5 minutes later it was gone to just a cloud speckled blue sky. Taken on my ipad through the bedroom window
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

We've had some nice skies during the spell of high pressure haven't we. It looks as though that is slipping away now.
I shall be in the shed quietly chasing my valve gear.
Bookie watch could be on as we are promised a dry sunny day but with more wind, I shall have to wrap up!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

It was a nice day yesterday, if cold. It was sunny enough and breezy enough to dry my new bedding outside. Bob managed to get the bank account sorted so we can now go ahead selling Daves mobility scooter and his therapy chair. We managed to find a dealer in Preston who will buy the scooter from us and will collect it. The going rate for buying and selling these things is a pittance...it cost over £4k new 18 months ago and he will give is £750. We just want it sold and gone. My friend Wendy is coming to look at the chair today. Same story, same price, 6 months usage and next to no resale value .

So this morning is the dentist at 9.00 for the broken tooth, Wendy coming about 11.00 for a cuppa and look at the chair. I have a sewing session with Maxine this afternoon and pilates this evening. A busy day! Have a good one
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Good luck with the tooth Sue, it makes me cringe to think of it!
I'm out of the shed and will be back in a few minutes with a pic.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Here's where I was after an hour and a quarter in the shed. The link is fitted and adjusted to give an equidistant throw across the valve face. The next job is to fit the brass support you can see on the valve rod. I made the mistake of drilling and tapping the bed for it before I fitted it and tomorrow I shall have to find a way of rectifying that. That's going to be fiddling and complicated so I'll leave it until tomorrow.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

It was a straightforward patch filling, Stanley. Totally painless as of course the tooth has been dead for a year. The dentist says it is now ready for a crown, there is no need to take it out and I have an appointment for mid April . I was out in 10 minutes. Our dentist is now the only full time dentist in the practice hence the time delay. They are expecting a new one in February
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I'm glad to hear it Sue..... :biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Shed for an hour, then early doors shopping. At lunchtime bookie watch is cancelled, Susan and Jess are bring Kahara and lilly over and we will have a four generation coffee and snap in Town Square. :biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

Another nice dawn forming, with the promise of a good day. But its another early start , the burglar alarm is due for its annual service and the engineer is due anytime after 8.00am so I suppose we need to be up and dressed. Its also pilates this morning as I am not going to art in Haslingden till next week. I am busy making some new pilates leggings which I would like to finish today so I shall be sewing, but we may go for a walk .

Have a good day.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Sue wrote: 19 Jan 2022, 12:55 It was a straightforward patch filling, Stanley. Totally painless as of course the tooth has been dead for a year. The dentist says it is now ready for a crown, there is no need to take it out and I have an appointment for mid April . I was out in 10 minutes. Our dentist is now the only full time dentist in the practice hence the time delay. They are expecting a new one in February
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-59874320
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yes I have been noting those stories Sue, it's a disgrace and yet one more example of the effect of cutting back and under-funding. One wonders where it will end....

I had a nice hour this morning, solved a problem and moved a step closer to a finished engine. I like mornings like this. :biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I shall be in the shed making small adjustments and improvements to the almost complete engine.
Then second sleep and after that a walk and bookie watch. (And retrieving my sprouts from Victoria's Cafe where I left them yesterday!)
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

I had a chuckle about the sprouts Stanley! Not as major as my habit of leaving my handbag over the chair in a cafe. I now put it on the floor with my foot through the strap, so I won’t forget it. I do however run the risk of going head first into the next table as I walk away with it draped round my foot :laugh5:

This morning is u3a art, I shall be christening my new thermos cup, a birthday present from daughter Julia. Now I can have a coffee without having to use the communal kitchen facilities . Todays topic is children at play....not one to research on the internet or at least to do it with care. I raided the family archives of the grandchildren and found some good photos to work from . I will probably do pencils drawings and pen and ink with watercolour wash applied...one of my favourite media.

After art its the first Friday meal out for some time. Its good to see numbers beginning to fall, and I mean the hospitalisations and deaths not the total number of cases which is a meaningless number. Anyway falling numbers gives us confidence to dine out again in our usual pub, at our usual table . Afterwards we are driving over to Burnley as its not far from Todmorden to pick up the memorial vase dedicated to my brother. We have decided to place it on the headstone plinth on his birthday, the 7 th of February. My cousin Trish is joining us for a meal after the event my brother Bob from Cardiff is hoping to come up. Jane can’t make it unfortunately .

I think the forecast is ok today but cold, I shall be wrapping up in extra layers of clothing for art as we have the doors and windows open to meet the government and u3a guidelines. Its not a warm building at the best of times, it will be very cold indeed today.

Have a good day all
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Management have been putting 'feelers' out encouraging some people to return to the office, it's been met with a resounding no so far. No one is too keen on working with the windows open at this time of year.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Big Kev wrote: 21 Jan 2022, 07:52 Management have been putting 'feelers' out encouraging some people to return to the office, it's been met with a resounding no so far. No one is too keen on working with the windows open at this time of year.
Too true. I am not keen on this art class either but at least it is only two hours once a fortnight
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I shall call in and see if they found me sprouts Sue, but later this morning.

The engine is almost finished. Lots of little jobs this morning and tomorrow I'll address the flywheel.
(Not perfect but not bad considering my age.... :biggrin2: :good: .)
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

I shall call in and see if they found me sprouts Sue, but later this morning....

I once left my bag in Southampton hospital cafe having visited my brother Dave there after one of his strokes . When I went back for it I was told to go to security, which I did. I was asked what was in the bag and kept adding to the list of driving license, purse, photos of my then only grand child, handkerchief, etc every time they asked me. I was lost for another suggestion. ‘Ah yes’ I said’ A Cliff Richard DVD.’ ‘Thats it was the reply, Shes the one ‘ as he turned to his colleague behind the counter .

There its out I am a Cliff fan, and they wanted all of Southampton hospital staff to know it :laugh5:
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Sue wrote: 14 Jan 2022, 17:01 I shall name you as my chief machine scout 😊
:biggrin2:
Lots of Singer machines for sale in Burnley, says he wants £10 each for them...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2230761 ... 7900292287
Screenshot_20220121-182030_Facebook.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I shall be in the shed working on the finishing touches to the No. 9. Bookie watch should be on later as we are promised a rerun of yesterday's weather.
The kids owned up to dividing my sprouts between them so I got a fresh lot Sue and cooked them.
It looks as though you have your next project lined up Sue!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”