Today I shall be Mainly...

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by Stanley »

Oh dear Sue....
Watching for the post today, I have ordered some books....
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Sue, if you had of helped Wendy move her dresser, you could have worked off that full feeling and, by the sounds of Wedy's description of the effort, have both done a weeks worth of pelvic floor exercises into the bargain.

I've had one of those running around type days doing all sorts of unrelated little jobs that needed doing, mostly in the car. Decided to lump them all into one day, and hopefully free up the rest of the week.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Walking this morning and then the walkers Christmas lunch. Only another 4 to go after that, up to and including next Tuesday!
If you keep searching you will find it
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Colne Library this morning, then I'm going to put some wax polish on the furniture that's suffered from being stored in the barn for the last few months...none of the drawers on my pine dresser would close yesterday. :sad:
Tardis

Post by Tardis »

Learning how to use a thermal imaging camera and interpret those images with the software provided

I will say, however, that austerity has gone too far when they can't afford to put out bourbons :surprised:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Wendy, that's caused by damp in the barn and will put itself right as the furniture dries out. A candle end rubbed on the wearing parts of the drawer runners is the old carpenter's cure for sticky drawers when they dry out.
Getting delivery of Xmas reading!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Nolic

Post by Nolic »

I'm at home today for the first time in about 2 weeks and that includes working part weekends. I'll be doing some work but it will make a change form being all over the place. I have taken on additional work with two major companies that will give me some security for a couple of years. It doesn't seem like work because I enjoy it so much and it is appreciated. I'm pretty smug as I was approached by directors of both who had picked up good reports of my work through the Independent Children's Homes Association..... I've yet to find out who has been putting my name about but I'm pleased they have.
I spoke to a friend and former colleague of 17 years who has had enough of working for such a bullying organisation as Ofsted and is looking to retire. He will still need some income but we hope that he can bring some work with him and form a loose partnership each helping the other out. I mentioned the possibility of Graham and I working together to one of our former secretaries and her response was "OMG the terrible two back together". I'm looking forward to this developing. Nolic
"I'm a self made man who worships his creator." Image
EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

Today we have been entertaining a friend. Eileen
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

After struggling with the outside jobs in a blizzard and failing light I shall be mostly thinking up newspaper headlines..... "Pensioner trampled by wild horses desperate to reach cosy stables nearly dies of exposure in blizzard conditions whilst heartless husband sits with his feet up in front of roaring fire (which said OAP lit earlier)..."
:wink:
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Men can be so frustrating, Wendy, and they don't need to be OAP's to be so.

Hubby bought some new trousers several weeks ago and asked me to take them up SPECIFICALLY half an inch! He said he wanted them a little longer than normal. ( I hate all that mucking about for a mere half inch).
He would not put them on so I could measure correctly, but said he had laid them beside another pair of trousers he has, to get the correct length. ( I just knew he hadn't done it correctly).
So I tacked the first pair up, asked him to try them on ( with shoes) and make sure he was happy. ( he still didn't try them on, but laid them beside aforementioned trousers and proclaimed he was happy with them. )So I took both pairs up.
Did Sir want them washed. No. So they were pressed and placed in the wardrobe.
He wore a pair last Friday and was not happy. The trousers felt stiff and were 'far too long' ( grrrrrr)
Could I take them up an inch? ( could he put them on please, so I could measure correctly? No!)
So I got the original pair of trousers out of the wardrobe....you know...the ones he had measured them against.
He claims he had never seen those pants before, and couldn't remember even owning them!!!
( where did I put my blood pressure tablets?)

So he put the unknown pair on ( not the other new pairs ), declared them 'far too long' also....and for my sins I now have THREE pairs of pants to take up!
Could take me a while to get to them... :sad:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

So unlike the family life of our Dear Queen Wendy. I always think of the outside workers on a lousy day like yesterday, particularly you these days. I know what it's like in horizontal sleet and rain. Good for your complexion though....
Watching for the last two le Carre books.... They should arrive today. Have a look at read any good books lately for the pic of the Xmas reading so far and add two more!
Just noticed something while I was posting this. Maz is posting at the same time and her message popped up as a preview on my page in case I wanted to change my post. Clever stuff Firefox!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Well yours didn't pop up on mine.
Obviously one of us is a somebody and the other one of us is a nobody!
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Not Firefox Stanley, just a feature of the site I think.
Maz, Col hasn't yet attained the status of OAP so I shall add the words "toy boy" into my headline! I dare say he would have come looking for me just before 6 o'clock when my mother's nightly phone call became imminent....he likes to make sure I'm there to save him having to answer it.
EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

I'm impressed Wendy that you have a toyboy. Today was a trip to Ramsbottom. Eileen
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I've had two busy days with cooking, domestic tasks and getting my life in order. Today I shall do as little as possible! I have no woman outside freezing on an exposed hillside so I shall not feel guilty!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Nolic

Post by Nolic »

Looking forward to a birthday treat - Sale Sharks vs Toulon. Toulon feature some of the greatest rugby players of all time - Jonny Wilkinson. Matt Giteau, Carl Haymans, Feddie Michalak, Bakkies Botha and Juan Martin Fernadez-Lobbe. Looking forward to it. Nolic
"I'm a self made man who worships his creator." Image
EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

I'm with you Stanley but I am a day behind got housework to do. Eileen
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Private French tuition this morning, shopping this afternoon , then feet up. I finished my friends family tree and have sent it to lulu.com to get her a nice book for her Christmas present now I deserve a rest having put about 6 hours a day into it for the last week
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Are you OK Sue? Never heard you mention putting your feet up before....
I'm trying to shorten my living room curtains, they have been up for years but we have had to tuck them up on the window sills to stop them hanging in front of the radiators.
Moh
Silver Surfer

Post by Moh »

Changing the bed, doing the washing and then having it hanging about on the radiators!!
Say only a little but say it well.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Wendy I spent more time shopping than I intended( for clothes). Then back home it was a mug of tea, the paper and a crossword, plus a bit of knitting. Oh yes, I also wrote a short poem for my creative writing group next week, and then finished off my card that I email. Before I knew it, it was time for 'Strictly'. So yes I am ok, I didn't actually put my feet up!
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

I wrote this at 4.00 a.m. As I can't sleep, perhaps my day was too inactive!
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

I am often up at 4 am.
Generally due to an over active bladder!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Nowt wrong with getting up early! I've been missing my afternoon sleep for a few days, too busy waiting for post etc so today I shall have one!
Oh, and watching the final in the UK snooker....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

It's rather unusual for me, I rarely wake before 8.00 a.m.

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”