Today I shall be Mainly...

Tripps
VIP Member

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by Tripps »

I can't help asking if this has reduced your confidence /reliance on face coverings. You were diligent in their use on the cruise, but have still been infected by a very simlar virus to the Covid 19 ?
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Tripps wrote: 06 May 2022, 12:18 I can't help asking if this has reduced your confidence /reliance on face coverings. You were diligent in their use on the cruise, but have still been infected by a very simlar virus to the Covid 19 ?
It makes you wonder except the lady I caught this from shared a table for meals when we didn’t wear face masks. I will still wear one when it is appropriate to do so
If you keep searching you will find it
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Sue wrote: 06 May 2022, 10:57 I have antibiotics, sinusitis, throat and chest infection. I am suffering from lack of sleep today.
Sounds pretty horrible. Have you boiled your head (steam inhalation) yet? It made quite a difference to my bunged up sinuses.
Hope you feel better soon.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It all sounds quite nasty Sue and you have my sympathy. Like you I still wear a mask when it seems sensible and will continue to do so. As I have said before, apart from the mechanics of how effective they are they do signal to others that you are trying to avoid infection and who knows, they might give you more space.....
I shall be in the shed but perhaps late as I slept in a bit. I meet Susan and Kahara on the Square this morning for coffee at 11:00 and the forecast says it will be sunny!
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Stanley wrote: 07 May 2022, 03:28 I meet Susan and Kahara on the Square this morning for coffee at 11:00 and the forecast says it will be sunny!
You'll have entertainment too, there's a ukulele band performing between 11 and 12.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Big Kev wrote: 06 May 2022, 15:08
Sue wrote: 06 May 2022, 10:57 I have antibiotics, sinusitis, throat and chest infection. I am suffering from lack of sleep today.
Sounds pretty horrible. Have you boiled your head (steam inhalation) yet? It made quite a difference to my bunged up sinuses.
Morning

Oh yes Kev, several times a day. The congestion is not the major issues, though it is this morning. Its the throat, which is really sore and covered in red patches, and the cough which really hurts my chest and my throat.However I am pleased to report I had a good 9 hours sleep last night in bed on only 3 pillows not 4. At the moment my head feels thick , but I am sure after I have showered and been up a while it will clear somewhat.

Its Bacup market today but I think Bob will go by himself, at the moment I feel too fatigued to be going shopping. I am sure you all know me well enough to understand that I find this all very debilitating.

I have no plans for today. Its u3 a Wine appreciation tonight but I may just sit out and listen. I will see how I feel later. Have good day all
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I'll be thinking about you Sue. I hope you start to get on top of it.

I have had a nice morning in the shed. I finish up in the same place as yesterday, I have shifted the main of the metal and will finish turn the crankshaft tomorrow when it has cooled down.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Sue wrote: 07 May 2022, 06:45
Big Kev wrote: 06 May 2022, 15:08
Morning

Oh yes Kev, several times a day. The congestion is not the major issues, though it is this morning. Its the throat, which is really sore and covered in red patches, and the cough which really hurts my chest and my throat.However I am pleased to report I had a good 9 hours sleep last night in bed on only 3 pillows not 4. At the moment my head feels thick , but I am sure after I have showered and been up a while it will clear somewhat.
Sounds horrendous, hopefully the ABs kick in soon.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

I think I have reached man flu level Kev, where as I was more severe than that. Only bad cold and sniffles to go.

To keep me occupied I have been sent a link by Julia, Eve is swimming the 400 freestyle in West Midlands Championships and its being streamed. I am just setting up my lap top.
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Sue wrote: 07 May 2022, 07:47 To keep me occupied I have been sent a link by Julia, Eve is swimming the 400 freestyle in West Midlands Championships and its being streamed. I am just setting up my lap top.
Enjoy :good:
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I had my sit in the Town Square with Susan and Kahara. It was fine but unfortunately the sound system was more powerful than my ears could stand so we made a donation to Ukraine Relief and went for a walk. Kahara has grown an inch while he was away and is a really sturdy little boy now.
Back home I dealt with the washing and then applied myself to cooking. Now I can relax! The chicken with hot and spicy wings stuffing is in the oven together with the belly pork. Cheaper to run a full oven and the pork can go in the freezer when it's cooked. (In case you're wondering, I have found that a good low carb substitute for sage and onion stuffing is a pound of hot and spicy wings. Just more meat on the chicken and I get the flavour as well.) :biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Susan sent me this so a bit of a treat for you. We were having a sort of conversation as well. They grow quickly, treasure each moment!

Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

He's certainly growing :good:
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

We were talking about traffic management. He is expert at pressing buttons to cross the road.
I shall be in the shed finishing my crankshaft and might get an invitation to coffee in the Square later.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Only one pic this morning. I have finished the crankshaft and am ready to go forward with the castings. It's different than the drawings in that I have made the journals for the main bearing 1/2" and not the 3/8" in the drawings. That measurement is dictated by Stuart's recommended way of building a flywheel from individual parts, I don't like that and think that chopping a crankshaft out of solid bar is better and the increased size of the bearing journals is only one of the benefits.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

Beautiful photo of you and Kahara Stanley. I still think of him as a baby !

I took it fairly easy yesterday, watched Eves swim, though it was not her best. However it was an AGE ON THE DAY. Competition which put her against 13 year olds in a heat of 14 and 15 year olds. She was only 13 not two weeks ago. I am full of admiration for anyone that can race freestyle over 400 metres. She has two other races today which I will probably try and watch .

I pottered in the garden, planted out my sweet peas, and repotted some plants in the greenhouse. Later we went and bought new goldfish for the garden pond. It looks like the heron had 7 over the winter. We have now covered it with netting. This had created problems for the water lilies but we will watch the progress. Afterwards I I had a good two hour sleep in the afternoon but did not manage the wine appreciation group as my voice was very week and my coughing really bad following the sleep

This morning, I think my catarrh is less but. My throat, chest and cough are little different, plus I now have antibiotic diarrhoea. I really must do some sewing preparation for a lesson with Maxine on Wednesday afternoon but my heart is not in it at the moment. If I cancel , it will be mid June before I can get another session in. Bob is out all day and I have nothing much else I have to do so perhaps if I take it slowly. Later my pilates teacher Taira is calling round. She has an allotment so I am giving her my surplus beetroot seedlings .

Have a good day all
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Morning Sue. Despite it all you still keep busy! I hope you turn a corner soon and join Kev on an upwards trajectory!
Yes, I like that pic as well. He's a very sturdy young man and is communicating in his own way.
Off to bed now, I hope everyone has a good day.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Good to hear you're getting some bits and pieces done Sue.
We're off to Harrogate today, youngest offspring needs some assistance with some sliding wardrobe doors he's fitting. I'm under strict instructions to keep away from anything sharp :biggrin2:
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Yesterday we had a walk in hot sunshine around the local area, along some lovely Devon lanes where the hedgerows and bankings are covered in wild flowers. At lunchtime we put in an appearance at my great nephew's 3rd birthday party then went on to Budleigh Salterton so I could see the sea and enjoy a delicious ice cream. Tea was a barbecue in the garden, it was so warm we were able to sit outside till 8.30pm. I'm in a different world! :smile:
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Stanley wrote: 07 May 2022, 11:18 I had my sit in the Town Square with Susan and Kahara. It was fine but unfortunately the sound system was more powerful than my ears could stand so we made a donation to Ukraine Relief and went for a walk.
The PA system had to be turned up as an 'unauthorised' preacher (with his own portable sound system) was broadcasting 'hate speech' (David Whipp's words) and generally being a nuisance. Apparently he's been there a few days this week and local christian groups have contacted the town council to distance themselves from him.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Is this anything to do with what we were discussing here yesterday?
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

I don't think he is anything to do with COTS.
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I had a word with David Whipp. Evidently he's a nutter from Wakefield and a bit of a mystery.
I shall be in the shed looking at my castings.... Then a walk and a sit later but on the whole a quieter day.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

I had a very restful day yesterday as all I really wanted to do was sit down and do nothing. I managed half of my sewing task which I really should have been able to complete in just over an hour. I watched Eve swimming on the live link and that was about it. My head had cleared but about 9.00 pm it came back with a vengeance and no amount of steaming, nasal sprays or decongestants would clear it. This was followed by a restless night coughing with a really bad attack after my first 40 minutes sleep. It lasted nearly an hour and this morning my throat and chest both hurt. Hope the antibiotics kick in soon.

Needless to say I will not be doing pilates today. As it happens we have a visitor calling at 10.30 and this afternoon the burglar alarm is being serviced. I shall attempt to finish my sewing and that will be it. I won’t be going to art this evening.

Have a good day all
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Sue, you evidently have the winter cold to end all winter colds! Take every opportunity you can to do nothing and rest! The sky will not fall if you actually go back to bed and have a proper second sleep to make up for the bad night.
I've had 2 hours in the shed....

As promised, I got down and dirty with the castings taking the flash off and tidying them up. There's nothing refined about this process and no finishing point, you can titivate castings for hours if you want to. I didn't and just got them to a reasonable state, I will be refining the finish as I work my way through the build.
I finished by woodturning in the lathe (and cleaning up afterwards!) to make and install a plug for the bore to assist in laying out. A good start and no cock-ups.
Now I shall enjoy my breakfast and another hour in bed!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”