Today I shall be Mainly...

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by PanBiker »

Also having a blood test at the surgery, but a bit more than a pin prick. I reckon it will be the standard two or three phials for the labs.

The fitting a new LED rear number plate light AKA tailgate lamp. I ordered for the right model but couldn't find a year match, had to go for the 2012 marque. Guess what, they have changed the plug! No problem it will be hard wired in with some nice new crimps. I had to but two as they are packed in twos so I have a spare. Got both for less than a tenner so not complaining. It's a LED array so should see the life of the car out. Need to get it sorted for it's MOT in early August.
Ian
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

I note that your teacher has got Covid. It's a reminder it's still about!......

Which is why I am sticking to online classes for everything and doing lateral flow tests every week

MY other teachers 10 year old daughter has it too !
If you keep searching you will find it
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Sensible Sue....
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

An hour in the shed, the weekly early doors shop at the Co-op. Second sleep then up and dressed up ready to catch the 11:35 bus to Earby where Susan joins me and then Skipton for the fleshpots and the museum. Tension mounts....
Later. Plans have gone awry already. Scrub the shed, domestic matters got in the way. :biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

Beautiful day yesterday, lovely lunch with friends. So nice to see Barbara and Bill socially, it must be over 18 months. We have bumped into them at the market on a Saturday occasionally but not for long enough to chat properly. On our way back we stopped at the garden centre and bought three more goldfish. Apparently for the health and welfare of the fish they will not sell us anymore unless we buy a filtration system. We have 9 healthy little fish and according to the calculations and info online we could have at least another 9 with no problems in the pond of our size and the number of plants we have. Ah well, we are looking in to it. Apparently its all part of a new pets regulation. Back home we did our weekly lateral flow test. I would say negative of course, but after Deborahs recent infection I am inclined to say thank goodness instead. Infections remain high in Rochdale We are beginning to wonder who else is left to catch it with up to over 1000 a week for weeks, if not months. It seems to be mainly school children. Apparently some kids have discovered that they can get a positive test and time off school using orange juice. Its not just a rumour as a teacher tested their theory and it worked. It makes you wonder about all the school self isolation numbers.

This morning is dance exercise and afterwards we are taking a sandwich up to Lobden in Whitworth, where we will do a short walk and enjoy the view then at 1.00 pm I am returning an exercise ball to the pilates studio. I no longer do that class and it is a large cumbersome thing which fills my coats and linen cupboard. This afternoon Claire and Erin are popping over to pick up some plant cuttings I have done for her, plus Claire’s old polystyrene surfboard (now to be Erin’s) which has been in our loft for some 25+ years. Erin finishes school today at lunchtime and they are off on their holidays before we get back from Wales.

Have a good day all , enjoy. We have a few more days of this though showers are creeping in next week
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

All in order. Off to bed for second sleep.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

PanBiker wrote: 15 Jul 2021, 09:57 Also having a blood test at the surgery, but a bit more than a pin prick. I reckon it will be the standard two or three phials for the labs.

The fitting a new LED rear number plate light AKA tailgate lamp. I ordered for the right model but couldn't find a year match, had to go for the 2012 marque. Guess what, they have changed the plug! No problem it will be hard wired in with some nice new crimps. I had to but two as they are packed in twos so I have a spare. Got both for less than a tenner so not complaining. It's a LED array so should see the life of the car out. Need to get it sorted for it's MOT in early August.
Slight problem with my blood test, the nurse couldn't find a vein in my left arm despite having two goes. Unusual as that side is the one preferred at blood donors and they never miss the target. :extrawink: So two holes in my left arm and then a successful go at the right. Anyway sample sorted and will be assessed at Airedale.

Fitted the numberplate lamp and realised why they are supplied in two's when I was down on my knees replacing the duff one. The car has two, never realised that! Other one is still intact and functioning so I have left that one alone. Particularly as I had to replace the connector with crimps on the other to effect the repair. MOT now booked for next Tuesday. :smile:
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Today should be normal service in the shed, all shopping done and social calendar free. I shall ba having my walks today but unusually they may b e curtailed by the heat. We'll see.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

Well it looks like our trip to France is off again as they have reintroduced a 10 day quarantine period on return to the UK and a further test at 8 days or a release test at 5 days. We have no idea wether our travel insurance is affected again but it does not look promising. We are considering what to do. From our own point of view we feel safe. We can stay in our cabin on the ferry and our mixing with the community in France would be about the same as here ie the supermarket, neighbours and a few friends but the extra impositions on return are back to square one plus the cost of the extra testing again .

Bacup market this morning, then my pilates friend Gill is popping over for a cup of tea and to collect a plant I have grown for her . I have zoom art and a chat with Briony at 2.00 pm and a whats app chat with Eve at 4.30. Poor Eve has only been back at school a week and is back in self isolation . I have to wash ,iron and pack for Wales tomorrow. Its going to be a busy day......and a warm one.

Have a good day everyone
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I heard the news about France this morning Sue and thought about you and Bob. These problems are nowhere near over. I think you're right, it's going to be a very hot day.

I've had my own problems this morning with the flywheel, it was chilled and the edges of the rim are pot hard. I used a big nasty negative rake cutter and hardened my heart. I think I've got away with it.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Sorry to hear that your museum trip failed Stanley, and that Sue's visit to France is off.
My day yesterday didn't go to plan either. We were expecting our first visitor in ages yesterday afternoon, our friend and neighbour from Scotland stopping over for a couple of nights on her way back from a short holiday in Wales. I had an appointment at the hairdressers in the morning to be followed by a bit of last minute shopping but it all went awry!
Col has been suffering from a persistent cough for a few weeks now which was causing him a lot of pain in his operation damaged ribcage, but over the last couple of days his breathing has been getting more difficult. He booked a phone consultation with a doctor yesterday morning but while I was sitting in the hairdressers with wet hair already being cut I got a phone call to say he had become worse, called 111 and they were sending an ambulance. I dashed home to find him waiting calmly but very short of breath if he tried to move around. He was shipped off to Airedale with the paramedics concerned he could have Covid.
That left me wondering if I could still let my friend visit, she was already heading our way and it would have been a long drive up to Scotland in the heat. I knew she had taken a lateral flow test the night before and kept my fingers crossed that she would have a spare test with her that I could check myself with. She did and I was clear so I have a visitor but no Col. He has had various tests and a chest x-ray and they now suspect a blood clot on his lung, he stayed in overnight and is waiting for a CT scan to confirm it.
Poor Col, one thing after another.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

So sorry to hear that Wendy. The museum pales into insignificance. Give Col my best regards and keep us updated please. His fight gets personal!
Enjoy your visitor and look after yourself.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Oh dear Wendy that's not good, lets hope they get him sorted quickly after a scan confirmation.
Ian
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Wendy, so sorry to hear that . I hope tge tests show nothing major and that a course of antibiotics or inhalers will resolve the problem. Thinking of you
Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

Sorry to hear about Colin’s upset.
Wishing him all the best for a speedy recovery.
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
chinatyke
Donor

Post by chinatyke »

Same wishes as all of the above to you and Col. Don't forget to take care of yourself too Wendy.
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

He was moved to a ward but no ct scan has been booked over the weekend. A doctor spoke to him this morning and said if it wasnt a blood clot it might be heart failure, then left him to mull that information over for a couple of days. :sad: Col got the ward clerk to start asking questions and the result is that they are booking an appointment for Monday and allowing him home soon with blood thinning meds. Im waiting for the call to go and collect him.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

You can do without that kind of news Wendy. I was hoping for quicker diagnosis rather than a maybe. Like the morning round doc that said he had heard a heart murmur with me having already been told I had a brain tumour. Lets hope they get to the bottom of it quickly on Monday. Once you know for definite it's much easier to handle as I am sure you are aware. Take care both.
Ian
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

It's the waiting that's worse, stay positive both of you and I hope Colin feels better soon x
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

"A doctor spoke to him this morning and said if it wasn't a blood clot it might be heart failure, then left him to mull that information over for a couple of days."
Why do they do that? Is it just to let you know they are on the case? You don't need to know and it just gets you worrying. I see it so often. Lots to be said for minimal information. I hope you get him back soon Wendy. Please give him my best.
(I know you don't need telling but ask the question.... 'Do blood thinning medications work with what he is already taking?')
As for today. I shall be grave and go in the shed even though it is too hot. I have the bedding in the washer as I write, this must be a good drying day! There will be the same wind this afternoon as yesterday so my seat opposite the bookies will be nice, it's in the shade and the WNW wind catches you nicely.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It's been a busy morning up to now, bedding done and hung out, trash dealt with, my veggies for the day cooked and ready to go in the shed. It's lovely outside, fresh and sunny. Pity it can't stay like this all day!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Finally got him home by about 7pm last night and heard the full story of his experience. He was seen by a number of junior doctors over a twenty four hour period and was initially told that he would be put on meds and given a CT scan to check the embolism diagnosis then sent home, the alternative was to take the meds, go home and wait till Monday for a CT scan. He opted for the immediate scan but it never materialised and he was left with no information until yesterday afternoon when he started to ask questions. Luckily the nurse in charge of the ward he had been left on was helpful and within half an hour had the answers and got another doctor to talk to him. Because he had been given blood thinners he was no longer considered an emergency so he couldn't have a CT scan at a weekend! Nice doctor booked the Monday appointment, changed his meds from injections to tablets and set him free!
He isn't taking anything else but his diabetes meds Stanley.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

What a performance Wendy, lets hope the CT scan happens without problems on Monday.

We are off to Wales this morning and it promises to be a good week weather wise. We are booked in for Sunday lunch at one of our favourite little antiques and craft places with a very nice restaurant. Its at Afon Wen near Denbigh. From there we will cut across country enjoying the drive to the Ystwyth Valley above Aberystwyth.

Our trip to France still lies in the IN tray. We have a few things to resolve but we may opt to go and pay for the extra test on day 5 of our home quarantine to release us back into UK society! :laugh5: Anyway all decisions are on hold for the time being whilst we enjoy our break in Wales

Have a good day
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Sorry I nagged but worth mentioning the meds Wendy. Glad you have him home, keep him in a draught.
Been in the shed Sue, I shall be back in a minute with a pic. You are going to have a hot trip to Wales......
Later....

Here we are, we have an eccentric now as well as a flywheel.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Sorry to hear about all that trouble for Colin, Wendy. I hope he gets a good outcome as soon as possible. :good:
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”