Today I shall be Mainly...

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by Stanley »

We have to be optimistic Sue! Almost half way through Flaming June and no really warm weather, we'll be going off Summertime soon!

A riveting and interesting pic for you this morning! Two crosshead guides with three dimensions sorted but a lot of work to go into such small items. Par for the course!
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Stanley wrote: 12 Jun 2022, 06:53 We have to be optimistic Sue! Almost half way through Flaming June and no really warm weather, we'll be going off Summertime soon!
Click Bait, I have to remind you that Summertime doesn't start until the 21st June. :extrawink: Always look on the bright side, :smile:
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

And then the days get shorter... we lose Summertime... :biggrin2:
I shall be in the shed as usual but then I have to sit by the phone and wait for a call from my GP instead of going back to bed for second sleep. Not impressed....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

I see the chance of rain on todays forecast has changed from 45% to 5 % and now less rain is forecast during the week. Every time I look at the forecast it has changed, its now showing more sunny drier days over the next 10. It will probably be different again tomorrow . facebook memories show it the same as this, year after year. My memories of childhood in the NE were day on day sun. I remember revising fo exams out in the garden and getting badly sunburnt. Yesterday it was so cold 13 maximum that I hardly ventured out of the door except to do a little deadheading. The wind made it feel even colder. Otherwise I spent the day washing, ironing and sewing. Down in Coventry Julia had 23 degrees, sunny but windy. I remember when I left the NE to go to university in Salford, people said I would notice the weather difference. It wasn’t too bad till we came to live in the hills of Rochdale!

Today I have pilates this morning, this afternoon we collect my new car. I should have art at the community centre this evening but its so long since I have been ( early March) I am not enthusiastic. I will see how I feel.

Have a good day all
If you keep searching you will find it
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Morning Sue... Yup.... The old farmers always said that the second week in June was grass day in Craven when we could be fairly safe that we would see no more frosts and we could think about turning cattle out at night....

A quiet morning and more progress. I am ready for fitting the guides to the bed..... Now I wait for a call from my GP....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Veggie shopping done, I've had me walk and a sit at the end of Albert Road. Very pleasant, that sun is very hot!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I'm up late but who cares.... I shall be in the shed moving quietly forwards with the engine and the weather should be good enough for a nice walk and bookie watch! What exciting lives we do lead.
Thankfully I don't have to sit waiting for my GP to call..... :biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Stanley wrote: 13 Jun 2022, 12:54 Veggie shopping done, I've had me walk and a sit at the end of Albert Road. Very pleasant, that sun is very hot!
Morning

Hmm, not here. Most of the time it was cloudy and a biting cold wind. I think we may have hit 14 degrees but 13.5 seemed to be the temperature around lunch time. Today it is forecasting 4 degrees warmer.

I collected my new car in the afternoon which took an hour or so with all the paperwork. Bob drove it back and I went out later to take some rhubarb to a friend. Driving on electric was very quiet indeed and a strange sensation at first. It is much the same as my other Mini Countryman but for the gear lever, which actually in comparison is old fashioned and rather stiff. It will take some getting used to .
B988C38B-5ED9-487E-88FC-71B5CC8818C3.jpeg
I did a bit of sewing but have made a few errors on my latest venture. It was a bit of an experiment really. I know the pattern well having made it a few times but I decided to use my embroidery function to decorate the plain fabric down the front. That went well but when I decided to do the same design round the neck that was not so successful. It has made the neck stiff and it does not lie flat. Then when cutting away the excess fabric I managed to cut the front leaving a small hole. I have glued it using ‘fray check’ but it is still visible. One for wearing in the garden in France I think. However I did learn a thing or two.

This morning is my nice relaxation pilates, followed by a walk into town to the bank. Bob is out this afternoon at the railway track and Kath is coming over for a cuppa. This evening I am at the studio for pilates and yoga. An energetic day, I would prefer the classes spread put but Taira had to change her timetable which unfortunately put my three favourite sessions on one day.

Have a good day all, should be nice .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I don't like 'energetic days' Sue.... :biggrin2: The new car looks exciting....
I have had a quiet hour and a half in the shed and finished up ready for fitting the guides to the bed tomorrow.

Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Stanley wrote: 14 Jun 2022, 06:33 I don't like 'energetic days' Sue.... :biggrin2: The new car looks exciting....
I have had a quiet hour and a half in the shed and finished up ready for fitting the guides to the bed tomorrow.

Its energetic this evening but not this morning, and always good fun as the group have quite a laugh together. Bob is going to the bank whilst I do yoga this moning, so thats one less thing.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I shall have my spell in the shed, then a sleep after breakfast and later the Bookie watch looks to be on as we have a decent forecast.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

Nice day forecast, like yesterday. We are driving over to Burnley cemetery this morning as we promised my brothers partner that we would plant some sage plants on the grave as it was his favourite herb. It will give the car a run and an opportunity to see that it changes from electric to petrol automatically when all the batteries are used up. When we come home we will then charge it. No plans otherwise so this afternoon I may do some weeding and tidying in the front garden. It tends to get ignored as we live at the back in the conservatory and back garden and always have the side gate locked. I have pilates this evening and thats it.

I abandoned my sewing project. I seemed to run from one catastrophe to another. The last one like this was the dreaded yellow top of some years back. I know when to cut my losses as they say and in this case cut was the appropriate word. 🤣 I think, no more sewing for a bit. Its Maxines next Wednesday and the start of my next project with her. Have a good day all .
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Morning Sue. I know it's hard to give up on a project but there are occasions when it is the most efficient thing to do. Why waste time banging your head on the wall?

Today was a good time to mark and drill for the holding down bolts in the final wooden base so that was the first thing I did. Then I concentrated on fitting the crosshead guides so the rest of the morning was quietly working towards that and here is where I was at closing time. A good morning.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Back after a pleasant walk and a sit opposite the bookies. It's a warm day and very nice....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I shall be in the shed this morning looking for more quiet progress, today it will be sculpting the crosshead I think.
I have an assignation with a woman on the Bookie Bench and will combine some veggie shopping with that delight!
I tell you, the excitement is palpable!!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Steady on, it's only me.... :smile:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Look here Wendy, I'll decide whether it excites me or not! :biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

Oy you two......

I have art this morning at Haslingden and shall be testing the new car on the hill of Owd Betts. We went over to Burnley and it behaved beautifully , switching automatically from electric to petrol when the electric ran out. Actually its rather fun watching the dial on the display behind the steering wheel trying to work out which is being used at any one time. We gained electric power going downhill. It took a long time to fully charge last night on the house supply but I will have one of the more powerful charging units when Bob has done it.

I have no other plans for the day but will probably potter in the garden. We may go for a walk, if Bob is not busy. I haven’t done a long walk since before we went to Portugal due to the virus infection and cough. I did some gardening in the front garden yesterday and went to visit my friend Wendy, who I used to teach with at Rochdale college, not the one I lunch with every week . We had a long chat but its sad to see that both she and her husband are showing their age physically. It came as a shock to see how immobile Barry is. Anyway it was good to hear that they get out and about and had both just returned from a lunch out with friends.

Its going to be another nice day, have a good one.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

"sad to see that both she and her husband are showing their age physically."
Hee hee.... I recognise that one Sue! Never mind, I keep going in the shed to prove that everything hasn't gone South.

One pic tells the story.... I have spent an hour and a half getting the basics of the crosshead cut out of a piece of bronze. Careful work because the sizes in the drawing mean nothing..... I shall do more at it tomorrow...
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Stanley wrote: 16 Jun 2022, 03:06 I have an assignation with a woman on the Bookie Bench
He He, you might get two for one Stanley, how lucky can one man get. :extrawink: :smile: It's Sally and Wendy's walking day today and they meet up in the car park.
Ian
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

There is no comparison between you and My friends Stanley , you are the same age and you win hands down on fitness and mobility
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Ian was right.... :biggrin2: I had the advantage of a TWOFOR in that I met Wendy and Sally arrived later. Wendy brought me the books on low carb but I think I might get Kerridge's book as well if I get interested enough.
Shed may miss this morning because it would only have been an hour as it's early doors shopping at 07:00 and I was an hour late up and have to deal with some mutton I cooked overnight. No problem, I have a straight edge.
The weather looks like a re-run of yesterday so a good spell on the bench is indicated.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

Beautiful afternoon yesterday. We had lunch al fresco in the favourite part of our garden , a shady corner surrounded by plants. Later we had a cuppa sat in a sunny part that had gone into shade, overlooking my June flowers . I did a bit of dead heading and cut back plants that were over plus one very ill looking lupin. We ate our evening back in the shady corner and didn’t go inside till well after 8.00 pm.
C5160292-B7DB-4011-836C-3AAD92B68E87.jpeg
230914A5-C576-4C41-8A9E-20AA6C88FDC8.jpeg
This morning is dance exercise, followed by a shower and change of clothes. We have a mediterranean salmon salad to prepare as the u3a wine appreciation group is having a social meeting at the house of one of the members . We have been allocated a the main course dish to take. It should be nice and we should be able to be outside in the garden even if it is cloudy

Have a good day all
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Sounds like a relaxing day Sue and I think you are right, it will be a good day for sitting outside.
Here in Barlick I have done my early doors shop and at the moment I'm cheating on my breakfast... I got two small paninii rolls so that I could have an easy breakfast of fried egg butties..... I promise tea will definitely be low carb!
(Before I went to the Co-op I deboned the mutton that's been cooking overnight and the gravy is in the fridge to separate the fat.)
Looks like a veggie cooking day.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

It was good to see you Stanley. Sally and I enjoyed a lovely walk to Gisburn, the countryside is so beautiful at this time of year. I was ready to sit on my new, preloved bench with a glass of wine when I got home. It had already been delivered and was waiting on the patio for me.
Colin confessed that he had been up on the roof while i was away to sort out some aerial or other.....now that is progress.

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”