Today I shall be Mainly...

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by Big Kev »

Wendyf wrote: 01 Jun 2021, 16:43 I can't help but think that Stanley's resistance to UTIs is due to the amount of bleach he inhales.... :laugh5:
Perhaps I should start sniffing it :biggrin2:
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I saw Norse Helen and thought it was too good to correct. :biggrin2:
As for UTIs, I don't know the reason for my avoidance of them, I am just grateful.
I shall be in the shed for an hour and have my two walks. We are promised another summer day.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

Another nice day in store. Yesterday was busy. Walking to town and back took up most of the morning and it was getting rather warm when we got back. I had arranged to meet Bob outside the bank at 10.00 for our walk back. I was a little early doing my jobs, glasses, SIM card and post office so had a browse in our new M&S, NEXT and RIVER ISLAND . Nothing to write home about I can’t say I have missed shopping. It was nice to see outside stands of hand gel dispensers. The afternoon was two hours gardening, clearing debris, dead plants and digging over the soil at the gardens at the railway track. Luckily it was in the shade and I felt a good job done at the end . There are very few plants left after the winter so I suggested they put up a notice for donations of perennial flowering plants in exchange for a free ride, under the heading YOUR STATION GARDEN NEEDS YOU . We just got back home in time for a cuppa before my weekly double of pilates and yoga. I have to say I was pretty tired last night.

This morning is more relaxed . I shall plant out my ,now quite large, runner beans . I have to go to the dentist at 12.20 ( my urgent appointment made last Thursday!)but have no intentions of walking! My broken filling less tooth has caused no problems so I shall just check that it is ok to leave it alone till my appointment with Andrew on the 14 th. From the dentist I have to call in at the optician to get my new glasses adjusted as they kept falling off when I was gardening yesterday . At 2.30 I have a lovely chill afternoon with a pedicure and a chat with my friend Vicky.

Have a good day all, Bob says showers are forecast this evening. Perfect for watering in my beans.
If you keep searching you will find it
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

You sound sorted as usual Sue. I have been in the shed for more than two hours. Here's where we are now.

Everything fits and is in line. Tomorrow I'll bolt the bearings to the bed.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Glasses now fit! The dentist gave me a long chat, food for thought before I see Andrew, my own dentist, on the 14 th . As there is mo pain she said there was no need to do anything at this time.
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Sue wrote: 02 Jun 2021, 12:39 Glasses now fit!
Nothing worse than uncomfortable glasses, I wore my old pair while fibreglassing a roof yesterday and my ears hurt by the time I'd done.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Big Kev wrote: 02 Jun 2021, 13:03
Sue wrote: 02 Jun 2021, 12:39 Glasses now fit!
Nothing worse than uncomfortable glasses, I wore my old pair while fibreglassing a roof yesterday and my ears hurt by the time I'd done.
These kept falling off Kev . I took a comfortable old pair with me so she could compare the fit. My new ones now stay on
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Over the years I have got quite good at making the final adjustments to my new glasses. I can still see my first optician, Mr Cunningham, heating my frames in order to bend them to adjust them.
Quietly on with the 10H this morning and perhaps dodging showers for a walk later on. Summer has abandoned us today!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

I don't think it rained much overnight. This morning looks dull and I am sure it will rain some time. I have pilates at 10.00-11.00 then time to get changed , have a cuppa and a sit , before we walk up to our local pub for lunch with Wendy and Keith. The pub we usually go to in Todmorden has had to close as one of the staff has Covid. We had a phone call on Sunday to cancel our booking. I checked that we were not affected but I think it must be an evening member as no one we see has it, or the kitchen staff but of course the whole pub staff has to self isolate. It brought it a bit close to home! Today we shall do our weekly lateral flow test but I am sure it will be negative.

I have a bit of washing to do this morning and some oddments of ironing before we pack later this afternoon. In the morning we are off to Norfolk for the week, calling in on a friend near Grantham for a cuppa at about 11.00 am . We met Audrey in France at the Supermarket some 14 years ago, and whilst she and Mike lived there and it was always our first port of call on arrival for a decent cup of tea after a long journey and ferry crossing. However Mike died so Audrey moved back to the UK. The reality of living in rural France when you can’t drive is loneliness and a total dependence on neighbours just to take you for a weekly shop or a visit to the Doctors. Audrey is 87 now but is more like a 75 year old, fit, alert and a very good artist.

Yesterday was full of little jobs to be done so I was thankful for my relaxing pedicure and a bit of beauty therapy. Unfortunately the nail varnish puckered on one toe so Vicky says she will pop round later this afternoon to do a quick fix. Vicky is a beauty therapist by training but she has just completed an Adult Access course at Rochdale college and has obtained a distinction and a place at Salford University to study Nursing in September. With a 3 year old son she is going to find life rather hectic over the next three years . Its an ambition she always has had but without GCSE maths could not achieve. She has tried at night school a few times but failed and the more she tried the more nervous she got during the exam despite being very able in the subject. Last years teacher assessment because of Covid went in her favour and she passed. I wish her huge luck, she is very nice person indeed and deserves success.

So have a good day all, hope you dodge the rain, Bob says we are due a few showers later.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

"Unfortunately the nail varnish puckered on one toe"
Quelle horreur!! :biggrin2: Thank god I don't have to worry about that.

I spent an hour and a half in the shed and made progress. I may have to think seriously about the eccentric tomorrow.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

After spending good money on a relaxing afternoon and pamper and now my feet will be exposed in Norfolk where the sun is supposed to shine most of next week it is quel horreur . :laugh5:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

An hour in the shed then my early doors shop at the Co-op.We have a sunny day forecast so a good walk at midday.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

A lovely morning too. We shall finish our packing and leave just after breakfast, hoping to be with Audrey by 11.00 am .I have the drier on at the moment as I did a wash overnight of the things we wore yesterday. I hate to leave dirty clothes around when we go away . All set otherwise, jobs done, greenhouse sorted for our neighbour, Sue, who is watering tomatoes etc. My seed trays I have put in the front porch as they have not germinated yet. Its cool there and this will delay the germination so Sue does not need to worry about bolting seeds in the greenhouse. I had to cover my strawberry tubs yesterday as something has been rooting in them, I suspect squirrel or pigeon. They are now covered with nice lilac netting as being the only suitable material I had. The same culprit had a go at my pots of fuchsias. I think one plant has had it . I am not a happy chappy ! :sad:

Have a good day all , enjoy the sun
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Remember Sue, they are all God's creatures!

We have an eccentric ready for turning and a con-rod ready for boring. Shopping done and I'm ready for second sleep.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Chasing an eccentric for the 10H this morning. Second sleep, walk, veggie shopping and a read. Then F1 qualifying at 17:30.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

Well I think you all had a nice day yesterday. we had torrential rain and 11 degrees. it was a wet drive through Norfolk and the roads were packed with lots of hold ups. it was nearly noon before we arrived at Audreys instead of 11.00 and 4.15 instead of 3.00 when we arrived here. Audrey was well indeed. we had a long hug. We stayed an hour chatting over tea and biscuits. We declined the offer of lunch , it had never been our intention to put upon her. Instead we bought sandwiches later.

The cottage is nice, very comfortable in a very quiet area. It was pitch black last night there being no street lights and plenty of trees obscuring other houses. This morning is sun and cloud with potential to get very warm as the week wears on. Fingers crossed. Today we are off to Thetford for a look round, then take it as it comes.

Have a good day
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Morning Sue, yes, you seem to have drawn the sort straw yesterday. I think it's expected to be better today with you, the main rain is in the SW.
Here we have full sun so far.... :biggrin2:

I've had a good 90 minutes in the shed. We have an eccentric made and fitted, the set screw will be cut to length when it's needed. I'm having breakfast and looking towards second sleep.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

Sue wrote: 05 Jun 2021, 06:39 Today we are off to Thetford for a look round,
I think our member Julie from Norfolk hails from Thetford, and this is worth a look -

Maharajah Duleep Singh.
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I like the way the text reports the Koh I Noor diamond as having 'passed' to the British crown....
I shall be doing interesting things to the 10H in the shed. It's going to Kahara and yesterday he was asked whether he wanted it painting or not, he said yes so at some point a bit of black Hammerite is indicated..... (Not sure how he did this because he isn't talking yet......)
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Later, Kahara's engine has advanced and the casings have a coat of black enamel...
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

We spent the morning in Thetford, browsed the town and the Dads Army Museum in the Church Hall. This is where most of the filming was based. The indoor scenes were a reconstruction of the church hall back at the studio. Its on Cage Lane, where there is a caged fronted building with the old stocks inside dating back to the 1500 s. Nice little interesting town. After lunch there we drove over to a place called Hepworth and did a flat rural walk . Unfortunately a local farmer had decided to obscure one of the paths with his crops so it turned out longer than the three mike stroll it was meant to be. It was a beautiful day so we rounded it off with our evening meal in the garden and sitting outside till nearly 9.00 pm.

Today we have a few ideas but plans will be finalised after I chat to Briony on whats app after breakfast. Forecast is good as is the rest of the week

Have a good day all
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Glad you had a better day Sue. We have bright overcast today so far. (But it's dry!)
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

Stanley wrote: 06 Jun 2021, 03:20 I like the way the text reports the Koh I Noor diamond as having 'passed' to the British crown....
Here's a handy tip.
Never have any discussion about the Koh I Noor Diamnd with a Sikh. You will come second. :laugh5:
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Not had any hand baked bread for the past few weeks while I have been decorating. So I have just set to and started my dough off for a couple of Chia and Sunflower seeded loaves. :smile:
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I shall be in the shed as usual working on the engine. That couple of hours each morning gives me such a boost.
Looks like another dry but overcast day so no problem getting my walks in.
Later at 06:00. Having a rethink about the engine as the paint, though dry, isn't set yet and may be better left for another day.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”