MEDICAL MATTERS

Tripps
VIP Member

Re: MEDICAL MATTERS

Post by Tripps »

Tizer wrote: 11 Aug 2022, 09:50 That article is a good, accurate and concise summary,
Good - glad you agree with my assessment of it. Problem wih the current issue is that the regions which still have polio and considerable resitance to dealing with it as the rest of the world has done, is Pakistan and Afghanistan. The flow of people from that area is large and there will inevitably be accusations of racism to complicate matters.
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Yes, and especially if Trump becomes US President again.
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

"especially if Trump becomes US President again."
Don't remind me of that possibility Peter! Just when I thought things couldn't possibly get worse..... :sad:
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Unless they can use the present court case to prevent him ever being President again we'll see Trump or Trump v2.0 in the White House soon. Either that or the second American civil war. Or the fragmentation of the `United' States into several independent nations.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Peter, If you had posted that ten years ago we'd have been questioning what you were on but today it's a perfectly reasonable scenario. I always knew that change accelerates but my god, it's speeding up exponentially now.
[I think we may be off piste.... :biggrin2: ]
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Swimming today may have been a mistake, my left arm and wrist seem to be rebelling against the exercise. Thankfully I have physio on Wednesday so they should sort me out.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Lots of bits of me 'rebel against exercise' Kev. If you find a cure, let me know..... :biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

plaques
Donor

Post by plaques »

Big Kev wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 13:14 Swimming today may have been a mistake, my left arm and wrist seem to be rebelling against the exercise. Thankfully I have physio on Wednesday so they should sort me out.
The problem with adult swimmers especially those who don't do it too often is that they have far too much strength and attack it as though it was a weight lifting competition. Swimming requires relaxed flexible movements with just enough effort to pull yourself along. Most learner adults think they have to create tsunami size waves or else they will sink. You don't need muscles on your eyebrows just relax and take it easy.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

plaques wrote: 15 Aug 2022, 08:00
Big Kev wrote: 14 Aug 2022, 13:14 Swimming today may have been a mistake, my left arm and wrist seem to be rebelling against the exercise. Thankfully I have physio on Wednesday so they should sort me out.
The problem with adult swimmers especially those who don't do it too often is that they have far too much strength and attack it as though it was a weight lifting competition. Swimming requires relaxed flexible movements with just enough effort to pull yourself along. Most learner adults think they have to create tsunami size waves or else they will sink. You don't need muscles on your eyebrows just relax and take it easy.
Thats all I can do. No power swimming for me, I just plod along doing breast stroke .
If you keep searching you will find it
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Sue wrote: 15 Aug 2022, 08:14
plaques wrote: 15 Aug 2022, 08:00
Thats all I can do. No power swimming for me, I just plod along doing breast stroke .
That's all I was doing...
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Oh dear Kev
If you keep searching you will find it
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Sue wrote: 16 Aug 2022, 15:59Oh dear Kev
I know, I feel a right wimp :biggrin2:
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I got a call yesterday from my GP. I've been expecting it for ten days and it has been on my mind. He wanted to make quite sure I understood the worst possible consequences of refusing tests and investigations at Airedale to check if my tumour is returning. I didn't need to hear them and knew that it was a gamble. It took ten minutes to convince him I knew what he was telling me so I hope we can write that one off now.
I know he had to do it but it's not a cheerful subject....
Kev, you're not a wimp, just mortal! These things happen, especially when you get really old..... :biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Here is a list that Private Eye published this week. It shows the excess profits made for supplying PPE by just a few of the companies involved.... Some interesting reading....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Apparently the accident did a fair bit of damage, it's mainly from the neck and shoulders (whiplash) but it's impacting my left arm. My right arm has recovered from the initial damage but is not 100% yet.
I have some light exercises to loosen my neck a bit and need to apply heat to it (microwaveable wheat bag) and ice on my left arm. The physiotherapist did say it would get worse before it got better, how lovely. I have another appointment in a couple of weeks so he can inflict some proper pain :biggrin2:
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
plaques
Donor

Post by plaques »

Big Kev wrote: 18 Aug 2022, 07:33 Apparently the accident did a fair bit of damage, it's mainly from the neck and shoulders (whiplash) but it's impacting my left arm. My right arm has recovered from the initial damage but is not 100% yet.
I have some light exercises to loosen my neck a bit and need to apply heat to it (microwaveable wheat bag) and ice on my left arm. The physiotherapist did say it would get worse before it got better, how lovely. I have another appointment in a couple of weeks so he can inflict some proper pain
Bad luck Kev. Mrs P suffered/suffers from some neck damage years ago. The pain moves round from one shoulder to the other for no rhyme or reason. A scan showed some collapse of the disc. I won't offer up any exercises I'll leave that to the experts.
plaques
Donor

Post by plaques »

Dr John Campbell on the latest covid vaccine study in Taiwan . Rather a long one at 18 minutes. He paints a rather disturbing picture that a study of young people taking up the vaccine showed irregular heart problems that have never been discussed at this level before. Campbell The report suggests that the Pfizer vaccine on this age group may be inflicting a high percentage of heart problems, over 4% that could be very serious in the wrong circumstances. He also suggests that since the current vaccines seem not to be affective on the new strains of the virus why are we dosing people up with them?

Worth listening to
Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

Perhaps connected to the above ? I saw this advert for the first time a few days ago, and a lot of the thoughts discussed in the article also crossed my mind. It's not hard to make a conspiracy theory out of it all.

British Heart Foundation TV advert
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I suspect that any field in medicine, if subjected to the same scrutiny given to Covid, would produce similar stories of 'possible' consequences. Rather like the conversation I had with my GP the other day when he spelled out to me all the possible consequences of declining any further investigation or treatment of my cancer.
Think of the possible consequences of brewing a pot of tea!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

Re BHF....But the charity bosses need to maximise their `compensation packages'! :extrawink:
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

I'm posting this here because it concerns the NHS, it's shortage of staff and difficulties finding UK citizens to employ.
My cousin runs her own business but also works part-time in admin at the local main hospital. She's responsible for records in the Stroke Unit. She recently tried to book some holiday dates but the management said she wasn't due any and that she's been taking too much holiday in previous years. She's a feisty lass and took them to task on the claim. They said she's taken more than she is allowed for her 10 years in service. She pointed out that she has worked in the same job for them for the last 20 years and the holiday entitlement is based on that. Having been shamed on their record keeping they then tried to stop her taking her holiday on the dates she requested because other staff were on holiday. She queried that too and found they were referring to a different unit which has no links with her Stroke Unit. No wonder the NHS has so many problems when its management can't get even the simple things right!
Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

Lying horizontal, with your mouth wide open, with your top set as 'exhibit A', and speaking to a disembodied voice high up somewhere over you left shoulder, with a bright light shining full in your face, is not the ideal environment to be stating your case for a warranty claim on your new teeth.

I won though - 'not fit for purpose, and start again free of charge' was the result.

Risky - having a wrought with your dentist though. :laugh5:
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It had to be done David. I have been very lucky with mine, never any problem except for the bottom set wearing out!
Peter, the deplorable state of administration in the major national enterprises is just one of the facets of modern life I find so difficult. I am convinced it is the lack of staff to actually confront problems face to face.
I have my own cross to bear, British Gas have not taken a payment on time as per my agreement with them since October 2021. And before you ask, have totally ignored two official complaints.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Stanley wrote: 25 Aug 2022, 03:01 I have my own cross to bear, British Gas have not taken a payment on time as per my agreement with them since October 2021. And before you ask, have totally ignored two official complaints.
https://www.ombudsman-services.org/sectors/energy
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Yes Kev, I am looking at that option actively.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”