Hello

Introduce Yourself To The Other Members
Another Cowin

Hello

Post by Another Cowin »

Hi Everybody

My name is Paul, my surname is evident.

My cousin Sandra uses this site and recommended it to me as I am related to many old families in this area, the Drinkall's for example.

Though I don't know anybody from this clan, I am always trying to expand my heritage boundaries and make new friends from the areas my forefathers came from.
My Great Grandfather was called Robert Waller Cowin and he hailed from Thornton Hall.

Anyway, if anyone has any info they woukd like to share, I would love to read it
Many thanks,

Paul
Gloria

Re: Hello

Post by Gloria »

Hi Paul,
Not related I’m afraid, but you will find people on here to be so helpful, enjoy.
Gloria
Now an Honorary Chief Engineer who'd be dangerous with a brain!!!
http://www.briercliffesociety.co.uk
http://www.lfhhs.org.uk
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Welcome to One Guy, there is enough local and family history on here to keep you occupied for years!
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Didn't Stanley used to work for the Drinkall's?

Drinkall Years 1969 -73
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Morning Paul. Yes I worked for the Drinkall Brothers as cattle wagon driver. Richard is alive and well and at Waddington, Keith is at Yew Tree at Gargrave and David is as far as I know still at the farm he bought in Cheshire, Stocker Lane was it?
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Post by Whyperion »

Ancestry (and Fold3) had another free week(ish) of war record access over the rememberence/armistice week. That gave me some more information for my trees, no doubt they will have more free access over Christmas/New Year - does Lancashire Library access still give free record views ? I note that the 1921 census should be on-line to view at the end of the year, while to some of us 1921 is just about living memory, it can fill in the interesting time of the effects of WW1 and the flu pandemic and general disruption to villages and towns following that, and probably also the odd missing Uncle/Aunt that no-one in the family ever talks about. As a thought (and this should go on the general ancestries threads), anyone know when the last workhouses (for poor relief) were closed in England ?

Return to “Introductions”