Hello

Introduce Yourself To The Other Members
Suzy Que

Hello

Post by Suzy Que »

Hi, Just found your page,, after tracking my family from Moor Hall farm, Earby .
I cant seem to find much on the Waite family and this farm apart from the census forms back in 1800,s n earlier,, doing genealogy with family I didnt know and living now in australia is a bit hard, so hoping someone might have some history on my family,, Any info much appreciated , Thanks Suzy
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Hello

Post by Stanley »

Best of luck Suzy and welcome to the site. You're in the right place.....
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Suzy Que

Post by Suzy Que »

Finding my way around , came across a topic for Townson, I have Rhoda Waite Townson on my tree, she was my grandfather's older sister, looking to fill in holes in my poor bare tree, if your part of Waite family I have Christopher Waite , hill clough farm at the top of tree died 1786 Married Grace Sutcluffe, right down the years to Me anyone know anything about Hill Clough farm back in 1700 ??
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

No Suzy but I knew a John Waite who farmed up there in the war years I think. He was father to a close friend of mine, Ted Waite, and he told me that his father was known as an argumentative man and at one time fought the Council about maintenance of Esp Lane and won. Later he was tenant at Little Stainton and when he moved out and Earnshaws moved in old Mr Earnshaw refused to pay ingoings on the new concrete sheep dip John had built on the grounds it couldn't be moved. John went back one night with a friend from the quarry, they pilled the sheep dip and blew it up.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Suzy Que

Post by Suzy Que »

Thanks Bob , I have lots of Edwards n Johns on my tree, most are farmers, do u have a DOB or year for Ted,, i presume his name is Edward ,
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It's Stanley Suzy... Yes it's Edward and his DOB would be about 1920. Son of John and had a brother called John.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “Introductions”