Old fashioned clean jokes

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Old fashioned clean jokes

Post by Stanley »

My trouble is I can't isolate the video and identify an actual file. All I can say is look on the Barlick facebook section if you are a member, it's definitely there....
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Right, I can do it, just tested with a video from facebook land. You say the Barlick site, which one? There are quite a few, need the specific FB page, who posted it and roughly when. Can use the search facilities then. I have looked on Susan's page but it's not on there.
Ian
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

I have scrolled back to pre 14 June (when you posted on here), on Barnoldswick Talk, took about half an hour on the linear, not necessarily in order FB wall and I cant find it. :sad: Is it a different FB site? Barlick Talk, Barlick Talk About What You Want. Need to narrow it down. Or who posted it, it may be easier to go to the original source.

For the record, if you right click the video file on the FB post you can copy the link shown. In the One Guy post editor you can insert this using the next to last Icon on the second line at the top. The one that looks like a "play button", this is the "Embed any video site URL" icon. Clicking this will produce a dialogue box where you can paste the copied link, then in the top drop down box you can find Facebook in the list. Select this then click "insert into Message" the video will be linked into the post and should be shown with a "play" button ready to go. :smile:
Ian
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

PanBiker wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 14:55 I have scrolled back to pre 14 June (when you posted on here), on Barnoldswick Talk, took about half an hour on the linear, not necessarily in order FB wall and I cant find it. :sad: Is it a different FB site? Barlick Talk, Barlick Talk About What You Want. Need to narrow it down. Or who posted it, it may be easier to go to the original source.
Susan Graham posted it on Margaret Porter (Margaret Porter was Graham)'s Facebook wall on June 21st. I don't have any options to do anything with it from my phone...
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Right, I looked on Susan's page but something to go at now, hang on ..... grr, not friends so cant see the post. Cant find it on the Barlick FB pages. Stanley doesn't do FB so need to know which page he is referring to.
Ian
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

PanBiker wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 20:04 Right, I looked on Susan's page but something to go at now, hang on ..... grr, not friends so cant see the post. Cant find it on the Barlick FB pages. Stanley doesn't do FB so need to know which page he is referring to.
I couldn't see it an any 'Barlick' pages either, just on Margaret's wall. I'll fire up my desktop sometime tomorrow and see what options I have on there.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

I have searched the Barlick sites for any posts by Margaret and there are a few but none recently. I have sent her a friends request. If you get there first Kev, it is doable with the method I posted above. Whether you need to be a FB member or not to view it remains to be seen. I tried it with just a random video that I came across and it worked OK for me but of course I do partake in FB.
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Thanks for the trouble you are taking. I've asked them for a page link but no joy yet.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

Was the video take on Susan’s or Margaret’s phone. Could they send it to your phone or email Stanley??
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I have received it Cathy but can't access it in a way I can share it.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Short of going to the FB source you could easily save it to Google Drive, (if you have a Google account) then download it on your computer then email it. Bit of a catch 22 there though as I'm not sure it would run on the site being divorced from it's Facebook source. Always a downer.

The Google Drive route sounds complicated but it isn't, I use it all the time for moving images and anything else from my mobile phone to the computer. Google account and 15 Gb of storage is free of course and you get an extra email address which can be useful.
Ian
Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

And it all works with Ubuntu too!
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Yes it does. All you have to do on your Android phone is to use the share icon on the image or file and send it to Google Drive which will be offered if you have an account.
Ian
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Stanley wrote: 26 Jun 2020, 05:27 I have received it Cathy but can't access it in a way I can share it.
In what way have you 'received' the file? Email? WhatsApp?
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Whatsapp Kev
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

575049D7-30BA-4FEB-B838-5BCB28FFF623.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Stanley wrote: 26 Jun 2020, 11:51Whatsapp Kev
On your android phone screen 'swipe up'
and type My Files in the search bar at the top of the screen.
Screenshot_20200626-152722_Finder.jpg
Open the My Files folder, then the Video folder and then the WhatsApp Video folder
Screenshot_20200626-152734_My Files.jpg
Find the video you want to share and hold your thumb on it. Then 'share' option will open and you can choose your email client and send it to yourself.
Retrieve the video, from your email client on your desktop machine, and save it.
You will then have the video, as an mp4 on your desktop machine.
You'll need to check with Ian about how to post it on the site.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

The "Embed any Video" icon in the Advanced BB Post Editor will only allow links to files hosted on other systems as shown in the dropdown site list when the dialogue box is invoked.

MP4 files are allowed as attachments but the default setting is for them to be set as downloads. There is provision in the admin control panel to change the default setting to other behaviour. One of the choices is "image", not sure what this would produce without testing it. I have the feeling that it may only show a preview of the video, i.e. the first frame. Since we removed all the mods from the site we no longer have a "placeholder" as such for displaying such files in posts unless it is hosted on a feeder site such as Facebook. The YouTube placeholder has also been affected this way and now will only show the linking video reference.

If you want to go down the MP4 route I can change the settings. Finding the post on Facebook is the easiest way as I have already tested this and it works. Margaret has not approved my friend request yet so I cant get at the post on her timeline.
Ian
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

PanBiker wrote: 25 Jun 2020, 13:40 Right, I can do it, just tested with a video from facebook land. You say the Barlick site, which one? There are quite a few, need the specific FB page, who posted it and roughly when. Can use the search facilities then. I have looked on Susan's page but it's not on there.
Not sure whether Facebook just randomly shows posts but I found it here...
Screenshot_20200626-174512_Metal Pro.jpg
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Just sent a friend request to Susan as well. Doesn't show on her timeline for me. as you only get a preview of a few posts if you are not FB friends.
Ian
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

PanBiker wrote: 26 Jun 2020, 18:30 Just sent a friend request to Susan as well. Doesn't show on her timeline for me. as you only get a preview of a few posts if you are not FB friends.
I'm only 'friends' with Margaret, must be because Susan posted it on Margaret's wall. Facebook works in mysterious ways...
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Can you grab the FB reference Kev? Play the file then when it opens right click the video file and click "show video URL" copy that and we are home and dry.
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I'm impressed! Tried my files on phone page Kev but no joy.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

plaques
Donor

Post by plaques »

It might be easier to do an encore with someone filming who can put it n YouTube.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Just needs Susan or Margaret to accept my friend request on Facebook or Kev too grab the reference. It had better be good :smile: :biggrin2:
Ian

Return to “Fun & Jokes”