Post by plaques »

Can't add much.
► Show Spoiler
chinatyke
Donor

Re: PUZZLES - CRYPTIC CLUES AND ANSWERS

Post by chinatyke »

3. Forgive and forget?

4. U is missing from the alphabet. Missing you!

7. He's above himself.

21. You're out of touch. Or as they say in Liverpool: U's out of touch!
plaques
Donor

Post by plaques »

► Show Spoiler
chinatyke
Donor

Post by chinatyke »

17. Down lights?
Called downlighters?
Last edited by chinatyke on 07 May 2020, 11:54, edited 1 time in total.
plaques
Donor

Post by plaques »

The puzzle was sent to me late last night by a friend who obviously thought I could do with a sleepless night. Spent 10 minutes looking at it then posted it. There was no comment with the puzzle it was just as you see it. Almost immediately Tripps posted his long list of answers. Well done Tripps. I can see my # 4 is wrong and some of the other posted answers I would never have got. We need someone to adjudicate. Panbiker where are you?
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Here but not at the time to have ago at that one. :smile:
Ian
plaques
Donor

Post by plaques »

I plead innocent to this, its all Tripps fault. His posting on play chess against Beth (8) made me dig this old site up Chess a freebie site with 3 levels of play with the hardest being Ann who appears to be a grown up Beth. Just tried a quick game with her and made a draw. Much to my amazement. Now I remember why I dropped it from my play list.
Like Dirty Harry says, Do you feel lucky Punk? :biggrin2:
plaques
Donor

Post by plaques »

For those who frequent pub type quiz nights the answers will not present any problems.
I will post them without answers because of the simple reason I don't know them.

1. Name the one sport in which neither the spectators nor the participants know the score or the leader until the contest ends.

2. What famous North American landmark is constantly moving backward?

3 Of all vegetables, only two can live to produce on their own for several growing seasons. All other vegetables must be replanted every year. What are the only two perennial
vegetables?

4. What fruit has its seeds on the outside?

5. In many liquor stores, you can buy pear brandy, with a real pear inside the bottle. The pear is whole and ripe, and the bottle is genuine; it hasn't been cut in any way.
How did the pear get inside the bottle?

6. Only three words in standard English begin with the letters 'dw' and they are all common words. Name two of them.

7. There are 14 punctuation marks in English grammar. Can you name at least half of them?

8. Name the only vegetable or fruit that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form except fresh.

9. Name 6 or more things that you can wear on your feet beginning with the letter 'S.'
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

I have recently added another daily challenge to help keeping the brain rot at bay. I play it on my phone as I found an app for "Killer Sudoku". I have an unblemished 42 day streak at the moment. They chuck in Easy, Medium and Hard for the daily ones and you can play any level additional ones if you want. :smile:
Ian

Return to “Puzzles & Quizzes”