Topic problem

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Topic problem

Post by Wendyf »

I can't access the most recent posts on the Blood Donor topic. The first page is OK, but just a blank page beyond that.
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Topic problem

Post by Wendyf »

Just come back on and all is fine now! False alarm.
Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Post by Whyperion »

Yeah , it had to go away for a Cup of Tea and a biscuit
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Wendy, I haven't had that one but occasionally pics fail to appear when a topic is submitted. I hit the refresh icon in the address bar on Firefox and that cures it.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

I have noticed that particularly with the Shed topic, it always seems to open half way up the last page rather than with the last post. This dumps you anything up to a week behind the latest post depending on how active Stanley has been.
Ian
Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Post by Whyperion »

I think it depends how browsers interpret images as they are served up , but with a posting limit before the site creates a new page its not too much of a problem.

I assume the automatic site software doesnt create img tags with the pixel sizes defined first , some browsers read the sizes first , create the space for the picture then fill in the picture a bit later , which can mean that you go towards the the last unread post first , with no defined sizes , the browser keeps finding what it thinks is the last unread post . but gets confused as the pictures force the bottom downwards leaving its reading point in mid air so to speak.
Whyperion

Post by Whyperion »

best place for this note. Dont know if its me, but suddenly the forum entries are showing up oddly, with the avitar and poster information on the right first, followed below (but on the left) with the topic subject line then the posting entry. Previously the subject title lined up with the topline of the avitar. strange
Whyperion

Post by Whyperion »

Its all right now, I think with microsoft edge if you increase the magnification in one tab it does it in all, it made the avitars too wide for the normal colum spacing so it dropped the topic subject down. Interesting

Return to “Bug Reporting”