Today I shall be Mainly...

Sue
VIP Member

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by Sue »

By the way, I apologise for my numerous typos of late but I seem to have a faulty keyboard on my ipad. Random spaces appear between letters and often the wrong letter appears. I get tired of doing corrections :sad:
If you keep searching you will find it
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

I have that problem from time to time, Sue ( I thought it was the wine.....) :laugh5:
Seriously though, I do find I have to push the letters harder and check they are correct if we are travelling... :sad: this is not due to wine :sad: or fatigue...it just happens....
:laugh5: it is NOT the wine...I swear!
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

I have been saying that for months. Its not the wine :laugh5:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Sue, I think the way you handled the surgery cock up was excellent and apart from anything else it will make you feel batter because you have got it off your chest while at the same time thanking the doctor.
Keyboards, they do wear out and get erratic. I always use the same sort, Logitech, and the advantage is of course it's so quick and easy to swap to a new one if you are on a steam driven desktop. They have gradually improved over the years and this one does well. Occasionally I get a drop out but find if I take the receiver out of the USB socket and re-insert it that cures the problem. Like you I give keyboards plenty of use!
I know Lewis won the championship but will watch the race on catch up tonight.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Yesterday seemed very long. Claire came early as Erins swimming lesson had changed. They were all gone by 11.30 and Bob by 12.30. I changed the bed, and finished my washing and ironing. Following a try on of the toile, I have abandoned the shirt toile and sent for a different pattern, one that is designed round chest sizes rather than small medium and large, and one with proper seam allowances. After that I cut out some stretch trousers and made them. Very simple style and very very easy to make. They took 90 minutes including cutting out and fit me like a glove. I am very chuffed.

It was still only 3.15 pm, so I made leek and potato soup with the last of the leeks from France and peeled the potatoes for tea. By 3.45 I was sat with a cuppa knitting. Bob was back at 4.15 being misty and cold the club closed early. They don’t actually run trains at the weekends in the winter but one member was having his annual test on his steam train and there was some tidying up to do after last weeks Halloween evening. They gave a couple of reduced rides to some children on the steam train after its test.

This moning we shall go swimming now my eye has recovered. This afternoon is french and this evening at art we are painting a still life. I have never done a watercolours still life before so should be a learning curve.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

"Yesterday seemed very long."
It's because your brain is running at a higher speed than us ordinary mortals!
I need a visit to the Co-op and I have some onions that need rescuing so I can feel caramelised onion and tomato relish coming on!
Apart from that enjoying life and looking forward to a Susan visit and full professional pedicure tomorrow. Such luxury and she assures me that she loves doing feet!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Pedicure for me this afternoon. This morning I shall potter. Bobs new shirt pattern has come and it needs tracing and cutting out, then its lunch with my old sewing group. This evening is pilates and yoga.

Aren’t the trees beautiful. I love autumn colours and this year they seem even more vibrant. I am always astounded by the variety of colours that different trees produce. The few remaining flowers in my garden, hydrangeas and fuchsias , add to the reds.On a sunny day everything around looks like a picture post card. Unfortunately no sun today, misty and rain forecast. Typical bonfire week
Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

Our gardens here are the opposite, the daffodils are finished and first rounds of roses in bloom are everywhere, lots of annual flowers and our trees are filling out for Summer. :smile:
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

You're right Sue on tree colours and 'bonfire weather'. It's November!
Yesterday afternoon I rang the surgery and asked why I had not been called for a flu jab. The lady told me that the culprit was vaccine supplies, they have been coming in in dribs and drabs from the NHS. She booked me for a slot on Monday morning....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

We had ours yesterday but we had to make the move to book an appointment.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

The same for me of course Wendy. I have a suspicion that vaccine supplies are short and so rather than send all the letters out, some have been held back so that in effect there is a rationing in that the people who don't motivate themselves could miss out. That would spread out demand more.
Or am I just a suspicious old bugger?
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

We actually both received texts yesterday morning to tell us we needed to make an appointment.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Stanley wrote: 06 Nov 2019, 03:23 You're right Sue on tree colours and 'bonfire weather'. It's November!
Yesterday afternoon I rang the surgery and asked why I had not been called for a flu jab. The lady told me that the culprit was vaccine supplies, they have been coming in in dribs and drabs from the NHS. She booked me for a slot on Monday morning....
Ours was arranged for a ‘flu jab day’ when we weren’t here. I asked for an alternative to be told there wasn’t one, but there was, the nurse could have done it so the asthma nurse said( another complaint I made at the same time as the eye problem) . The surgery sent me to the pharmacist next door where it was done within 5 minutes. I sent Bob the next day.

Lovely morning, we may get a short walk in before the rain starts. This afternoon I have a sewing session with Maxine where we shall look at the new shirt pattern and compare it with one of Bobs good fitting shirts. Its got to be a getter fit than the last pattern. Pilates this evening.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

5074631E-FA16-4911-A9DF-979C4496BDD1.jpeg
Just a short walk but very picturesque, love the scenery round here
F1274106-8C6D-4924-96D1-F09C2F9674E6.jpeg
00F32A7B-61BA-4088-8900-8D15D0DE3EB4.jpeg
34CE7D67-7872-4149-ADEF-4BFC33F01C36.jpeg
628B8395-6EFD-4056-B93E-70D09CF1EFF3.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
PostmanPete
Regular User

Post by PostmanPete »

Stanley wrote: 06 Nov 2019, 03:23
If you haven't had one previously, I would ask them to give you a pneumonia jab too. They weren't going to give me one until I asked.... :sad:
"Always carry a large flagon of whisky in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
W.C. Fields (1880-1946)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I think I've had one Pete but that's a good thought, I shall ask.....
Watching for castings!
Enjoying my feet singing to me.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

No word about me castings so I have mailed them again telling them that tension is mounting!
Wrote a BET article yesterday and I shall be writing today to usefully fill the time while I wait for the castings. I am up to December 20 and need to write my Xmas and New year articles. That's how close we are to the 'festive season'!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Craft today, and something a little different from the usual card making and such. I am doing tile mosaic on a terracotta plant pot, which I will later plant up with hyacinths for Christmas. Then its the usual Friday lunch with friends. Later I may cut out the new toile for Bobs shirt. Maxine and I worked hard on the pattern on Wednesday afternoon.

Yesterday evening we had surprise visitors, our English friends from France. It was a flying visit for the funeral of Pauls aunty. Not the happiest of occasions but nice to see them . It had been another busy day. In the morning I had art and in the afternoon we had a creative writing read through rehearsal for the U3A Christmas Panto. We have written it like a radio show with sound effects and a power point slide presentation to do scene backdrops. I have produced the latter but had missed the last and will miss the next rehearsal due to trips to France so we decided to have a read through with sounds and visuals in our lounge. Unfortunately our two producers and key leaders were stranded in Hebden Bridge because police closed the road due to flooding. Anyway, Bob stood in as Prince Charming, and others and the rest of us read a range of parts. It was a laugh and successful. We were able to adjust the placing of the slide visuals to fit in with the script and timings.

Yoga rounded off the day, with only three if us turning up in the foul weather.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I note how lucky we have been from the news this morning about flooding and continuing heavy rain on the east side.
I have just written another article......
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I shall be unpacking the casting set for the beam engine. The column is missing but will arrive later. No rush for it.
Veggie shopping and a bit of fresh fish for tea.
I still have a few articles to write to get me into the New Year! Then I can relax over Xmas and get in the shed.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

We are off to Oswaldtwistle mills sewing centre this morning. My friend from France brought a broken sewing part over and I said I would take it to see if Keith could repair it or give some advice. Its from an old machine and not the make he sells but he has always been very obliging. Other than that nothing planned. I shall cut out the new shirt toile or similar. Some fabulous material that I had ordered for myself arrived yesterday, black lurex for some floaty trousers and some gold coloured textured fabric to make another asymmetric top to go with the trousers. The gold fabric is even nicer than it looked online. I am very enthusiastic about sewing this.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Sounds like a night out Sue.
There are no gold bits in my castings, unless you count the gunmetal.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Today the pull is the castings and the shed but I shall resist! I need to get the BET stock pile built up until well into January before I go in the shed, I can't feel comfortable if there is pressure to write bearing in on me. So I shall be screwing myself down to the keyboard this morning.
A thought about your keyboard Sue, get Bob to find someone with a compressor and blow out under the keypads. It makes a difference. I do mine regularly.... I know you are tidy but it's amazing what gets in there!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Its the iPad stanley which is a pressure pad in the tablet. When we asked the experts they said get a new ipad. Not the answer I wanted .

Yesterday I did the new toile for Bobs shirt, it looks better, fingers crossed it fits better. This morning claire and family will come before Erins swimming, thus after that I will have another good days sewing. Yesterday I also I finished the cardigan I was knitting . I think next I will need to make a new wardrobe!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

That was helpful wasn't it!
I have written my New Year article and think I can relax now. A lot is going to happen between now and 2020!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”