Stripping.

Travis

Stripping.

Post by Travis »

Can anyone help with information as to where I can get some window inserts from my boat stripped of the varnish on them? Is there a local stripping service?

Trav.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Re: Stripping.

Post by PanBiker »

There used to be a facility at Colne, we had all our internal doors done there but it was 20 years ago.

I did find "Quick Dip Strippers" from a Yellow Pages search online but they are over in Hebden Bridge, their website is down for maintenance but the telephone number is 07884 462764

Dewar and Co are French Polishers in Nelson they did come up on one search for varnish stripping but apart from that nothing else comes up between Burnley and Skipton.
Ian
Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Post by Whyperion »

Can the boatyard down at lower park marina help you ? Which bit of town are you in as I have found Keighley is more industrial than anywhere else around for potential works to be done.
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

The one in Colne has been closed for a long time. We used a place on Barden Lane in Burnley a few years ago, but I don't know if that is still there. I have passed the french polishing place recently and they advertise a pine stripping service. There is also Eastburn Pine at the mill in Eastburn just before Airedale Hospital.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Hot caustic stripping is very hard on the wood and joints. You might consider Nitro-Mors and old fashioned elbow grease. I suspect the big disadvantage with caustic stripping is the cost of emptying the tanks. Environmental regulations are a lot more severe than they were 15 years ago. I stripped a large wooden house bare with a heat gun and scraper. It only took me six years......
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Hot caustic stripping is very hard on the wood and joints. You might consider Nitro-Mors and old fashioned elbow grease. I suspect the big disadvantage with caustic stripping is the cost of emptying the tanks. Environmental regulations are a lot more severe than they were 15 years ago. I stripped a large wooden house bare with a heat gun and scraper. It only took me six years......

Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
EileenDavid
Avid User

Post by EileenDavid »

I thought Gypsy Rose Lee came into it Eileen

Return to “General Miscellaneous Chat & Gossip”