Today I shall be Mainly...

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by Big Kev »

Stanley wrote: 17 Sep 2024, 09:29 Thank you very much Kev. Send your invoice in when you feel ready.
You paid in advance :biggrin2:
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

You're a nice man...... :good:
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Again, great minds think alike, I was just going to suggest turning data off. I have a similar problem as I only have a £5 a month deal with EE, plenty of calls and texts (500 of each), fine under normal circumstances but not a massive data allowance. If you leave data on it will also use it for system updates which tends to stuff the data allowance if its on.
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Thanks for more confirmation Ian. I think what happened to my data allowance was that somehow Wi-Fi connection got turned off accidentally and that was all that needed turning on.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I shall be in the shed at 06:00 but before that I have prepared my chicken and started it on it's four hour roast. After second sleep I shall deal with the chicken and then cook veggies. It's a busy morning and the shed might suffer!
I have an extra job to do. Susan is picking an engine up tomorrow to deliver to a dear friend of mine in Bath so I have to go over that and make sure it is finished properly.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Stanley wrote: 17 Sep 2024, 08:14 Another PS. I looked further and found I could turn 0off mobile data so I have done.
So Wi-Fi is on, mobile data and aeroplane are off......
Can I stop mucking about now? :biggrin2:
Morning

That’ll do it as they say. When we travel on the ferry that is what we have to do other wise we end up being charged for automatically downloading data via the ships system which costs an arm and a leg. Once we have used our free quota of wifi we turn on airplane mode or more often just turn everything of completely until we are back on dry land . Once on a cruise I forgot that but my phone sent me a warning that I was using the ships system to download data, it cost me £20 so I have never made that mistake again.

I am at last feeling a bit better but have a nasty headache from the catarrh , hopefully that will clear when I do my morning steam inhalation ( part of my voice therapy treatment) no sneezes or sniffles for over 12 hours . Today I am off to Maxine's for a sewing session. It will be good to chat and of course do some sewing creating 🤣. We need to finalise the pattern for my shirt we have been designing for months and I need to confirm the shape of a different sleeve for Jane’s next dress. Wednesday zoom pilates has finished but I have decided that next week I will join the replacement class, once I am over my cold completely.

Its due to be nice again, have a good day all
If you keep searching you will find it
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Thanks for more reassurance I have now got it right Sue......
See medical matters for good news on wax. So glad to hear your cold is retreating. Give it every assistance!
Now for a day of cooking.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

The chicken is cooked and put away in the fridge. All the vegetables are prepared and the last three pans are cooking on the hob now. I can see the end of a hard day in front of me.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

That's it. Cooking finished, hob cleaned, pans put away. Now I can sit quietly and have some dinner.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

In the shed at 06:00 for an hour. Then after sleep having a visit by Susan . All the while listening for a call from TalkTalk!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

This morning I stripped the castings down, did whatever finishing and masking was necessary and generally prepared them for painting. The second image is of the assorted BA hardware I assembled when I tidied up the other day. I shall never use all these of course but it makes you wonder how much this lot would cost now let alone later when Muthomi takes over the shed after I die.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

Although its going to be a dry sunnyish day the wind is strong and is really cooling things down. By next week we are back to 12 degrees here and autumn will really set in. We are at Christies all day today so it won’t bother us as we will be indoors, plus it is always much warmer in S Manchester. It’s a routine blood test and meeting with the consultant but one is this morning and the other this afternoon.

It was a good chatting and sewing afternoon with Maxine and I am now able to progress with both my shirt and Jane’s dress, the latter is all cut out. I ran out of fabric for the sleeve but with a phone call to the shop in Chester I have managed to order some. They don’t normally post so we may have to go and collect it next Wednesday which I am not very pleased about. We are out today at 10 and taking a packed lunch with us. . Have a good day all
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

All day at Christie's sounds like a marathon. I hope it all goes well Sue. I also hope you can get away without having to go to Chester for just a small piece of cloth, I can see why that could be very annoying.....
I'm looking forward to seeing Susan and one good thing is that I have had a message from TalkTalk that they will be calling me about the email outage between 12:00 and 14:00 tomorrow so I can relax with Susan.....
Let's hope that we all have a good day!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Today I shall have my hour in the shed doing my least favourite activity in the shed, making sawdust. Nothing on my social calendar this morning but I expect a call from a TalkTalk engineer between 12:00 and 14:00. That could be interesting. I am living in hopes that this might be the start of an improvement.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I wasted twenty minutes trying to find a way of rendering these two pieces of hardwood to make plinths for my engines. I should explain that they were originally a thicker piece of hardwood and in attempting to saw it in two I completely cocked the cut up and had to cut it by hand yesterday afternoon with a rip saw. Good exercise but the result was two botched pieces instead of one. I decided to mill it on the vertical mill and spent the rest of my hour and a quarter in the shed milling the two pieces down to about 3/8" thickness but as near perfectly flat as makes no difference. I can cut these down now and finish them to make two good plinths. I vacuumed up as I went along so the mess was controlled. I'm glad that's done! Now for breakfast......
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

All good at Christies as both hoped and expected. We had taken a packed lunch and ate it sat in the beautiful courtyard gardens, on a bench in the sun. We were home by 3.30 pm and decided to call on our widowed friend Wendy on the way home. She was out but arrived home almost immediately. We stayed for an hour or so for a cuppa and a catch up so it was after 5 when we got home.

Today is a time balancing act. This morning I am giving a demo at the u3a craft group, then its grab a sandwich in the park before a u3 a face to face wine group in Tod college just down the road from the craft group. We only do them once every couple of months and its unfortunate that it is the same day as an already busy one. Then it will be a late lunch or should I say early tea with Wendy and Keith at the Italian before dashing him for a change of clothes, grab a suitcase and drive to Coventry to the premier inn near Julias. Bob is giving a talk near Tamworth tomorrow so I am spending the day in Coventry. It will be late when we get to Coventry. Whilst I am at the craft group, Bob is going to Bacup market to buy the meat for next week and a sandwich for lunch

The forecast is for a cool start and a sunny afternoon. Rain is forecast for the weekend. Have a good day all
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Morning Sue. A busy schedule as usual. I'm glad Christie's was as expected and you got away in good time. I shall go to bed and think of you running round....I am going to take it very easy until midday and my possible session with the TalkTalk engineer. :biggrin2: :good:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I've had 2 hours second sleep thanks to my daughter being such a good bed maker. I realised I hadn't topped up my EE account since November last year so I popped to the Co-op and put £40 in it..... Good job I looked!
PS. I also did a 15 minute sock wash!
I have improved the shining hour by getting the chop saw out and cutting the two plinths I thicknessed this morning to the correct size.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I shall be trying to follow my usual pattern of shed at 06:00 and more useful stuff during the day but I shall be hampered by the fact that when I was putting the chop saw away yesterday I hurt my right shoulder and it is hampering me..... Then there is the fact I shall have one ear cocked for TalkTalk. (Not that I am expecting any miracles. Their customer care is a travesty, more like customer abuse......
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”