Misplaced Barnoldswick Links

Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Misplaced Barnoldswick Links

Post by Whyperion »

When typing Barnoldswick + whatever into search engines odd things can appear close to what the search engine considers relevant , so heres the reason why I was looking for barnoldswick + cheese , I accidentally found the link yesterday , but searching deliberately today would it appear prominantly - no ! , so re-found in history.

Site is http://chrishodgetrucks.co.uk/gallery/T ... ive/Latest. and typed words there are

Max Robinson Transport, Manchester

Cheshire Cheese transport from Barnoldswick...
...which is in Lancashire.

, but I think the first link is wrong as looks like they are moving bags of cement or Drums of Mineral Oil, hopefully Stanley can fill in the detail , as I dont know where the unloading was occuring. I cannot find the pictures from the website they were taken from , as others on that site expand up much larger than the copying site , and may have the correct information.

Internet Search confirms Max Robinson Transport Ltd incorporated in 1956 but thats all I can find extra. I Suppose this is one of the many A Licence Carriers created after the Conservative Government repealed the nationalisation of British Road Transport Operators that had previously brought many midrange and large firms into public ownership in 1948 following the 1947 Transport Act.
ImageImage

Return to “General Miscellaneous Chat & Gossip”