Today I shall be Mainly...

Sue
VIP Member

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by Sue »

Morning

This morning we shall walk into Rochdale to the bank with Sundays takings, then call at a supermarket and butchers to buy the ingredients for tonights meal when Jane will be joining us. We invited my cousin Trish as well but unfortunately she can’t make it. So there will be no pilates and yoga this evening. Yesterday evening I sent a message to the art group to say I will not be attending for a few weeks whilst I assess the situation .

Jane has just messaged to say she will leave Liverpool at 5.30 ish tonight, goodness knows how long it will take her in rush hour. Its normally an hour.

Have a good day all
If you keep searching you will find it
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

That sounds sensible Sue, deferring attendance at the art group. It begins to look as though the Moronic variant is slightly less savage than it could have been but we don't have the evidence for that yet and I think you are wise to take a cautious approach. I am certainly taking that view.
I've had my shed visit and the first thing I did was make a second boot hook as it will be easier to pull them on if I can pull both loops at once. Then I did as much as I can do at present on the combined con rod guide and governor stand. I can't finalise the fitting until I have the cylinder mounted on the bed. Here's what it looks like....

Then I spent half an hour sorting out the main bearings. The drawings and parts aren't immediately understandable!

This is what I settled on.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Exactly Stanley, no evidence yet, everything is based on hypothesis. Our numbers are nowhere near the numbers of last year. I may be cynical but I think the push for boosters is to turn peoples minds away from the events of the last couple of weeks. I watch the graphs and figures and so far eg Rochdale is up and down like a yo yo, classic endemic graph. Yes it has the potential to be worse but I want evidence. Everything is based on worse case and best case scenario and even the latter is based on more hypotheses. You can’t get home lateral flow kits from a pharmacist within 30 miles of Rochdale , we have just been online to check and there are none available on the government website, the queues online for booster appointments are huge showing people have responded to the announcements and slowly the other issues ate not topical . I am prepared to be proved wrong, and we will ensure we have taken the correct precautions but something does not seem right to me .

This is off the
E9BAC9EE-6D37-4311-A3C0-B04F56F9522E.png
covid 19 app
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

6368E62D-D6B5-4EC4-B6AF-E446D8815F1F.jpeg
317F8488-57D9-4AA7-890B-1B3B71D4A34D.png
63C9EB08-F1C0-4B46-AC7D-C6FAEB1B4478.jpeg
This is showing slow increase at the moment, but it is late December. Numbers were as high in July. So why were put into level 4 of concern and not before now .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

I managed to get a collect code for tests last night but the chances of the chemists having any are slim! It took ages to work out how to open the qr code once it was downloaded but Col eventually realised that it was a .png file with no extension so I had to rename it.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Both chemist in Barlick had stock yesterday as well as the Library Wendy. I like you followed the guidance and got a collection code but I noticed the two folk who were collecting in front of me just asked and were given two packs each. I came away with two packs also which seems to be the normal issue.
Ian
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

PanBiker wrote: 14 Dec 2021, 10:09 Both chemist in Barlick had stock yesterday as well as the Library Wendy. I like you followed the guidance and got a collection code but I noticed the two folk who were collecting in front of me just asked and were given two packs each. I came away with two packs also which seems to be the normal issue.
We tried a collection code and a chemist locater, we were told nothing for 30 miles. We have enough for one each a week for 6 weeks, or two each for three. We will try again after this initial rush. Two is the normal issue from the chemist. Thats where I usually get ours when collecting our prescriptions, the last time being pre collection code. How to make an easy task difficult
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Just got mine in Earby and they didn't scan the QR code after all, just asked for the number. :smile:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I shall be in the shed starting making and fitting the main flywheel shaft bearings. The nice thing is that for two hours all thoughts of Jarndyce v. Jarndyce and Covid 19 will vanish completely.... :biggrin2:
Bookie watch looks to be on the cards, we are promised another quiet dull day!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Sue is no doubt posting but I'm here first!

After a false start I got two pieces of stock ready for cutting to shape that are exactly the same size. I can go forwards tomorrow.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

What a miserable damp misty day yesterday. By the time the mist lifted it was going dark. We walked into Rochdale and back and in the afternoon I attempted some sewing having cut out a pair of pilates leggings. Then catastrophe after catastrophe, needles broke , thread broke, stitches wouldn't stitch, I dropped the plastic cover for the bobbin and it took an hour to find it. Despite opening and cleaning the machine I never found the broken needle. Finally I got it sewing when Bob came in from helping tidy up after Sundays Santa Special, so we had a cuppa and I stopped. Jane arrived about 7.15 pm and the rest of the evening was eating, drinking, chatting and laughing. The head is a little sore this morning :laugh5:

Today I have no major plans except online pilates tonight. At some point we need to go back to Cleckheaton asJane will have some of the bedding there and Daves electric pressure cooker, but so long as we get there before the house clearance man there isn’t a problem . We have had contact with the agency dealing with Daves loans for his mobility scooter and chair and some progress is being made, which is good news. Luckily he seems to have got private loans rather than finance and all from the same place which makes things easier.

Today I believe it is to be drier so I intend planting some root cuttings of Agapanthus from Sutton Seeds. They arrived on Saturday and need to go in the ground before they dry out. I also have some bags of manure to spread on the raspberries.The fresh air will do me good.

Have a good day all
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Yes I was, we posted simultaneously so I had to wait. Lovely clear sky this morning and light at last
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Just managed to order a testing kit from the government website
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Shed as usual and I might do my weekly shop so only an hour.
The forecast is for another cloudy day so going off yesterday it will be a bright sunny morning for bookie watch.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

Nice day yesterday. Bob and I both did some garden tidying. I planted my agapanthus roots, removed soggy frost damaged leaves from my hydrangeas and fuchsias and off the ground and spread the bags of manure on my raspberry canes. Bob cut back a couple of shrubs cleaned out the bird box that had had a wasps nest in it and generally did many jobs that have been waiting for a nice day . I did not make my pilates leggings as I decided that the contrast fabric I had bought was too thin so I ordered another one instead. I completed yet another jigsaw making that 5 since half term demonstrating how bad the weather has been. I put the board away and restored the table to a dining table.

This morning I have pilates. This afternoon our friend Kath is popping over for a cuppa, a chat and to cut Bobs hair. That will be our day. Have a good one .
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Nice to know you are having Bob pruned.... :biggrin2:
I was in the shed early and out early as I wanted to do my early doors shopping. This morning was working on the bottom brasses for the main bearings. I worked on both at the same time until I got to the final fitting. At knocking off time I had one finished, the other won't take that long....

Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

An hour in the shed, an early second sleep and then Susan and I go to Ilkley. I have two pairs of shoes that need heeling and my men say they can do them while we have lunch. That will take up most of the day......
A small change.... no shed, early second sleep. The political news has to be absorbed! :biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

Beautiful morning. I have dance exercise then lunch at home. Wendy and Keith have gone to stay with their daughter who now works in Geneva but lives in France. They went on Tuesday, its a good job they did. Late this afternoon we are going over toClaires with Christmas presents for them to hide. We could have gone later in the week but I found a MAKE YOUR OWN CHRISTMAS CRACKERS kit which would occupy Erin this week . Other than that a bit of sewing I think. I am making a couple more coasters on the embroidery part of my machine.

Thats it, have a good day. Enjoy your day out Stanley, it looks like it is going to be a nice one
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

It has been a beautiful day, I had other plans but changed them to go for walk. Col dropped me off by the Golf Club on his way down to Colne and I walked up Cob Lane to Kelbrook then home up the Clough. Col went for his first haircut since chemo robbed him of his hair!
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Col went for his first haircut since losing it all to chemo last year. Life is still a challenge every day but he is looking good!
PXL_20211217_175213059.MP.jpg
Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

Good stuff that Lucozade. :smile:
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Tripps wrote: 17 Dec 2021, 19:47 Good stuff that Lucozade. :smile:
Restorative :smile:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Look, he can walk further than I can so something must be working.
Susan and I had a nice trip out to Ilkley. The cobblers did a wonderful job on two pairs of shoes, a new quarter steel heel and a toe piece on both while we had a walk round and Lunch and only £56 for a superb job and cutting a new key for me. We had lunch at the Black Horse in one of their bothies that faced directly into the sun. It had an infra red heater as well so we were bathed in sun, beautifully warm and had very good fish and chips. Eating lunch outside a week before Xmas. Can't be bad.
Today, no messing about, two hours in the shed and bookie watch at noon. God knows what they got away with yesterday. Probably had an illegal Xmas Party.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

Lovely evening with Claire yesterday but it took 2 hours to get there instead of 40 minutes. 50 minutes in to the journey we hadn't even reached our Doctors 3 miles away. Rochdale was grid locked and there was no apparent reason why. We called at our friends Sue and John on the way home, they live 8 miles from Claire. John was Bobs best man and vice versa. We just chatted on the doorstep for 10 minutes but knew if we went in we would be there a couple of hours.

Bacup market this morning, then no plans at the moment.

Have a good day all, the dawn looks promising
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

It's dull here Sue but not raining.... Don't be kissing any strange men at Bacup market!

I fitted main bearings, adjusted the crankshaft so it fitted and have started on the top brasses. A nice morning, no cock-ups.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”