Today I shall be Mainly...

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by Big Kev »

Halfway home. Short break at the OK Diner on the A1. Still 27C here.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Love3ly grub Kev. Hope it's a good journey the rest of the way.
Sue and Bob, have a good summer, we'll look after the shop for you.... :biggrin2:
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

At Winchester more or less, just having a brew. Stopped atJulias with some stuff and used the facilities. Only the cats at home :laugh5: the road is very busy, I suppose lots didn’t travel yesterday. Its 25, but dropped to 18 at Stratford when we had a brief shower of rain
If you keep searching you will find it
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Nearly got home in one bit, got as far as Langroyd Road in Colne when someone decided give way signs don't apply to them. The Yeti is a write off and we're a bit bruised and deaf (air bags make a lot of noise). Not impressed.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

Trying to think of something sensible to say.

Good that neither of you is hurt. Not what could be described as an 'uneventful' break.

Best wishes to you both,. . . . .
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

That's awful Kev, so close to home! What an unlucky trip you have had but pleased to hear that you are both OK.
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Thank you. We are making drs appointments in the morning as things are starting to hurt now and bruises developing. Probably the shock masking it earlier.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Were you at the bad junction?
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Langroyd Rd, Glenroy Avenue.
I've just reviewed the dashcam footage, he looked to speed up before he hit me and he was on my side of the road. I was braking heavily from around 25mph and I reckon he was doing similar coming out of the junction. It's not been a good week for the car, or my wallet. Saturday the heated glass fell out of my door mirror, Sunday one of the diesel injectors failed and then this today. Fortunately for me the other vehicle was insured, courtesy car is being delivered tomorrow so I can at least go and get some shopping.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
plaques
Donor

Post by plaques »

Big Kev wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 18:58 Thank you. We are making drs appointments in the morning as things are starting to hurt now and bruises developing. Probably the shock masking it earlier.
Kev, I've an appointment at Colne health centre at 8-10 am tomorrow morning. The centre opens at 8.00 am. I could pick you both up at 7.30 AM . You will probably be advised to take the Vitamin K antidote. I'll private message my phone number.
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

plaques wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 20:28
Big Kev wrote: 20 Jul 2022, 18:58 Thank you. We are making drs appointments in the morning as things are starting to hurt now and bruises developing. Probably the shock masking it earlier.
Kev, I've an appointment at Colne health centre at 8-10 am tomorrow morning. The centre opens at 8.00 am. I could pick you both up at 7.30 AM . You will probably be advised to take the Vitamin K antidote. I'll private message my phone number.
Thanks for your kind offer but I need to speak with my insurer's nominated solicitor first. The medical appointment may be a private consultation but I won't know until after 9am.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

Kevin, Sorry to read about what’s been happening. You have had a bad run of it.
Hope you are both ok.
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Well, there was me thinking it was a back to normal day, shed cool enough to work in, Fish and chips being delivered for tea by Susan and Mick.... Then I log on to tune in with Cathy and wham! I am in the middle of the dénouement of Kev's Essex adventure. Looking back it would have been better if it had all never happened!
I'm sorry it happened Kev, but glad that you both survived with just shock and bruises. Now I hope that financially it isn't too much of a shock but of course there will be all the hassle of replacing the car....
Now for a quick recovery and don't forget the benefits of Arnica for bruising, magic stuff! I wish you both well and a few nights peace and quiet untroubled by dreams of the accident, that was my major problem many years ago when it happened to me.
(I have always said that if you drive long enough and far enough it will happen. You can cross that off the bucket list now!)
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Later.... It's cool enough for a short spell in the shed.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

We have been blessed with a lovely day today.
15C and sunny 😎.
Too many people out and about tho, and it’s school holidays 🙁
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Good.... :biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I went in the shed and surveyed the piste. I confirmed what I had to do, strip the pump and cylinder block down and check everything again, adjusting to make it fit properly. I also realised it was warmer than I thought in there and came out.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

I would have preferred none of it had happened either, turned out to be a rather expensive 6 days away. Paulette has some nasty looking bruises and abrasions on her legs and, for me, everything hurts this morning but I'm sure we'll survive.
The insurance process for the car has all been over the phone and internet so far, a series of requested photos have been uploaded along with my dashcam footage and verbal description. The current view is that the car is a total loss but they will confirm that after 48 hours. Looking at the external damage there doesn't look to be much to replace, front panel, bonnet, wing, headlamp, bumper, windscreen and a wheel. It's the 'hidden' bits that add to the cost, the bumper has an automated headlamp washer which was smashed, the airbags deployed so it'll need a new steering wheel, dashboard parts and the associated sensors. Market value of the car is around £6k so I can't see it being financially viable to repair. A trawl through the Autotrader has turned up a few replacements for around £6k, just need to wait and see what they offer me.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Only just caught up with this Kev. All you need two minutes from home after a long journey! You are bound to be a bit sore after that but glad it is nothing worse and will mend after a bit of time. Sods law with the car but at the end of the day it's just a car and it looks like the safety systems have done their job.
Ian
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

PanBiker wrote: 21 Jul 2022, 09:19 Only just caught up with this Kev. All you need two minutes from home after a long journey! You are bound to be a bit sore after that but glad it is nothing worse and will mend after a bit of time. Sods law with the car but at the end of the day it's just a car and it looks like the safety systems have done their job.
They certainly did the job. It's just unfortunate they're probably the most expensive bits.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

Glad to hear you have both emerged from the accident.

I was involved in the consequences of an RTA a couple of years ago. The recovery garage told me that if the airbags had gone off (which they had) then that was enough for the vehicle in that price range (similar to Kev's) to be a write off.

Not my business at all, but I'd be looking for a Toyota or Nissan. :smile:
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Tripps wrote: 21 Jul 2022, 09:45 Glad to hear you have both emerged from the accident.

I was involved in the consequences of an RTA a couple of years ago. The recovery garage told me that if the airbags had gone off (which they had) then that was enough for the vehicle in that price range (similar to Kev's) to be a write off.

Not my business at all, but I'd be looking for a Toyota or Nissan. :smile:
I shall be trawling Autotrader :good:
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Thats dreadful Kev. You should go to A&E as it usually one of the questions asked on i sura ce claims. I hope you are OK. Bob and i were shocked when we read that just now, having arrived at the house and had lunch we were thinking about catching up on communications
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Ignore what I said about A&E Kev, just read all the running commentaries. In my one and only nastyish accident my insurance company sent me for a private health check. Good job you had a dash cam. We have too . Good luck with car search and hope none of your bruises etc linger too long
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I had my walk and sit on bookie watch, very pleasant in a Viyella short sleeved shirt and very light rain.... Proper Barlick holiday weather!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”