LIGHTS IN THE SKY 2013

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: LIGHTS IN THE SKY 2013

Post by Stanley »

Jack has been acting strangely on our early morning walk and I'm beginning to wonder whether he should have a small foil-lined cap to protect him from the emitters! Broadband speed is up slightly, could this be to aid online shopping?
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Things are getting really bad. Cliff Richards leapt off the screen yesterday and attacked me with his new DVD for Cliffmas' He says he is known as the Peter Pan of Xmas. I have a different view...... Have they no shame?
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Julie in Norfolk
Regular User

Post by Julie in Norfolk »

Apparently not Stanley, no shame at all! Is a Peter pan similar to a milk pan or a frying pan? A pan for cooking Peters in?
Measure with a micrometer, mark with a pencil, cut with an axe.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Wendy might have a view on that Julie. :wink:
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I saw a programme on Xmas decorations on the graves of children which brought to mind a visit I paid to a large cemetery in LA in the 1980s, Rose Hills. I had never seen Xmas decorations on graves until then and was quite shocked. I have some pics somewhere but can I find them? No! But I tripped over this one which I submit for your delectation. I found it in a graveyard at Lac de Deux Montaigne near Montreal. Make of it what you will.

Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

If that is his daughter that is buried with Joseph, it seems that he was very virile at age 69. Maybe he wanted everyone to remember.
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I'm pretty certain it's something to do with that Cathy because the dome at the top is anatomically correct. There were other examples and Susi and I dod wonder whether there was a stonemason with a warped sense of humour and his clients didn't quite realise what he was depicting. Never seen anything like them anywhere else.
Advanced warning on TV last night that a 'new and improved' Coca Cola road train is on its way towards us.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PostmanPete
Regular User

Post by PostmanPete »

Stanley wrote:Advanced warning on TV last night that a 'new and improved' Coca Cola road train is on its way towards us.

Let's hope that it doesn't get stuck on the corner of Rainhall Road/Newtown.....! :surprised:
"Always carry a large flagon of whisky in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake."
W.C. Fields (1880-1946)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Rumour that there will be an enormous light in the Eastern sky soon. Anyone know about it?
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Moh
Silver Surfer

Post by Moh »

Hubby has not managed to get to the Trawden gimmers meeting for a couple of weeks, so I have nothing to report from there.
Say only a little but say it well.
Belle
Regular User

Post by Belle »

Wetherby was all lit up with lights, and tiny xmas trees pointing out of walls as we drove through on saturday, and I thought of this topic. Have a good Christmas all of you.
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Hello Belle, nice to see you posting on the site, please don't be a stranger.
Ian
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Yes Belle...it is quite acceptable to be strange ( slightly weird even)... But don't be a stranger!

I've been looking for my roll of foil, but somehow it has vanished. Things move about in this house and not always in a predictable manner. I find it frustrating.
And I couldn't connect to the Internet this morning. It was as if the whole world had vanished.
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Morning Belle. Nice to see you popping up! How do you like the new platform?
TV advertising hits a new low, watch out for the Lewis's 'Bear and Hare' advert.... LINK
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Julie in Norfolk
Regular User

Post by Julie in Norfolk »

Conical emitters popping up all over the place in Thetford (once the capital of East Angular). More alarmingly, the Guildhall has been over-run with some sort of evergreen which appears looming over the eaves in a menacing manner. I must investigate in daylight.

p.s for those of you who want to picture the image, the building played the Town Hall in Dad's Army.
Measure with a micrometer, mark with a pencil, cut with an axe.
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

And are you aware that a certain ( not naked ) chef is bombarding us with adverts about how to cook prawns on the BBQ ( the sheer cheek of the man) and how to cook a big roast ham, basting it with a half a Rosemary bush thingy.
His recipe cards are adorning the entrances to our supermarkets.
Any news at all of Mrs. Trellis?
( can't take much more of seeing 'you know who' trying to teach us how to suck eggs)

P.S. Jules...every time I see the name Thetford, I immediately think of those portable loos ( Thetford Cassettes) that folk have in their caravans...
Think we have been to Thetford on our travels. Can't remember a single thing about it...can't even find any photos that I took. I recall the landscape being very flat around there...
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Can't decide if Belle was wearing a foil hat or not when she witnessed the Wetherby Lights and heard the call from OGFB. Are we transmitting on a different wavelength now?
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

I suspect she MAY wear a foil hat, with a small belle on it...but likely she would carry a lead-lined purse so as not to trigger her 'wave and pay' card, and team it with rubber footwear so as not to pick up radio stations on her dental fillings?

Further to my previous post, we now have Heston B plugging his Christmas fare. Do these people not have enough followers in UK? ( go away!)
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

And we have someone called Gock ( is that his name) telling us all to buy a little black dress.
It s generally around 40degrees C here at Christmas. Who wants to wear a black dress? (Shorts and T-shirt weather...or bikinis if you can get away with it!)
I suspect we are being invaded...
Gloria

Post by Gloria »

Hi Belle, nice to hear from you again.
I really don't understand this thread, I think it is something the treacle miners listen to on the radio when having their elevenses, it keeps them in touch with the outside world.
Gloria
Now an Honorary Chief Engineer who'd be dangerous with a brain!!!
http://www.briercliffesociety.co.uk
http://www.lfhhs.org.uk
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

:grin:
No one understands this thread.
We are awaiting news from Mrs. Trellis. Until things are clarified we are all jumping at shadows and think the sky is falling in. The more paranoid amongst us believe Christmas Trees ( there...I have said it) are transmitting brainwashing waves in a grid pattern. All things are connected, as they plug into the mains. Untold damage already done. As the weeks pass, the emitters get stronger, sending folk into a buying frenzy with little sense to their purchases.
Stanley believes a cap made of double cooking foil can keep the brain clear from attack, but given that it may have damaged his eyesight, some of us are cautious about the alfoil theory.
I can tell you that waxed lunch wrap caps did not work for me last year, despite many layers used in construction. Clear plastic wrap, twirled round about the head is equally useless. In some cases, haphazard twirling of clear plastic about the head has stopped some folk ever having an original thought again. ( after as brief a period as three minutes!)

For my part, I just sit here knitting socks until I receive clear instructions...
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Nobody understands this thread, this is understood and quite normal.
Maz we have Heston B bombarding us as well and as for that 'person' (can someone as weird as that really exist?) Gok. I'm sure he's just taking the mickey out of women because from what I've seen everything he recommends is a fashion disaster, possibly worn for one attention-seeking boozy night out and then consigned to the Oxfam bin. I wonder if he's connected to the people who design those ridiculous shoes?
The assault is in full swing now, every TV advert has a 'Xmas Theme' (I got my Xmas present last night.....)
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

Thankyou Gloria, thankyou :worship: I don't really understand this topic either (but strangely enough enjoy it)

Marilyn has just made it a little clearer, but Stanley says it is normal not to understand it. What the??
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Gloria

Post by Gloria »

We got our first christmas card last week, perhaps "they" are targetting me as I have no protection on my head---- must dig out the old riding hat.
Gloria
Now an Honorary Chief Engineer who'd be dangerous with a brain!!!
http://www.briercliffesociety.co.uk
http://www.lfhhs.org.uk
Marilyn
VIP Member

Post by Marilyn »

Well do line the riding hat in foil or something.
And wear it if you are going out...especially to the supermarket.
We'd love to know how you get on with doing that.
( we won't be laughing AT you, but WITH you of course!)

Return to “General Miscellaneous Chat & Gossip”