ENERGY MATTERS

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: ENERGY MATTERS

Post by Stanley »

I have had a long conversation with Peter today. It turns out he still hasn't had conformation from BG that they have reinstated my account and he is once more talking to them. He thinks he might have found a reason for BG's lack of activity. It may be that we have to declare the dispute resolved before normal service can be resumed so he has done this even though he and I are aware that the dispute is not resolved until I have paid the present monster bill for the last 3 months and one more monthly account after that. So we aren't there yet but hopefully will see an improvement soon.
I wouldn't wish this process on anyone....
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I slept well last night without worrying about BG! :good:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I have been worrying about BG again because 3 days into May and I still haven't had an account since January despite all their promises. In desperation I tried myself through complaints on the website and once more got an agent who promised me the earth. However, this one said I would be billed £534 in two days and promised he had fixed the problem which had been blocking my accounts. This is new and I shall watch the account like a hawk and hope for the best.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Your situation is getting stupid. I am fairly sure that if you dumped them and moved to a different supplier they would sort it out. I seem to remember when I switched to the new supplier they sorted out any previous accounts.
Ian
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Worrying about it is not good for your mental health. Personally I'd just change supplier and let them sort it out, why make things difficult for yourself. You are a customer and BG aren't providing, I think they've had more than enough opportunity to resolve the issue.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

You forget I have had £100 out of them as recompense so far. I wouldn't have got that any other way.
Don't worry about my mental health! I'm fine, I just get nastier each day when I am frustrated.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Stanley wrote: 04 May 2023, 02:41 Don't worry about my mental health! I'm fine, I just get nastier each day when I am frustrated.
All 3 of those are indicators of anxiety did you know? As I said, not good for mental health. Life shouldn't be frustrating.
First rule of any risk assessment; can I remove the issue :good:
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

:biggrin2: Some people thrive on it Kev, my husband included! Problems must be solved.... :extrawink:
plaques
Donor

Post by plaques »

My pals approach to service providers is likened to two shops providing the same thing but one at a higher price and with a worse service. Which shop would you buy from?
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Wendyf wrote: 04 May 2023, 07:11 :biggrin2: Some people thrive on it Kev, my husband included! Problems must be solved.... :extrawink:
I'm 'wired up' differently, I like to solve problems but don't do frustration or anger. There's always an easier option :biggrin2:
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

I completely agree, no point getting angry just dump them and move on. If you engage a new supplier they do all the sorting out, simples!
Ian
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Stanley wrote: 04 May 2023, 02:41 You forget I have had £100 out of them as recompense so far. I wouldn't have got that any other way.
You've had that now though, they're unlikely to give any more...
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

At last I know how my account stands. Energy used from 8 January to 3 May is £927.95. Credits accrued from government and the BG award is £384 so balance is £543.95 which will be taken from the DD on 17th of May. I think that's a result, not bad for 4 months gas and leccy.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

Thinking about yesterday - I was impressed by the performance of the military. The 'dressing' was the best I've ever seen - far better than at 'Trooping the Colour' which occasionally is quite moderate.

Look at this - it's not easy. Trust me - I've tried it. :smile:
Guards060523.jpg

Been thinking about the protestors as well. Seeing that nearly all the participants arrived on foot or in horse drawn carriages, and the troops came on the train, marched, and then walked back to Waterloo Staion after it was all over. You'd have thought the Stop Oil gang would be satisfied with that. :smile:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I agree David and I was also interested to hear that the bass drummers in each of the bands had an electronic metronome broadcast to them all the time they were on parade so that all the bands and therefore the troops were on the same beat. (Standard pace is 116 per minute but I heard that yesterday they employed 108 beats per minute)
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Tizer
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Tizer »

`Renewable energy projects worth billions stuck on hold' LINK
`Billions of pounds' worth of green energy projects are on hold because they cannot plug into the UK's electricity system, BBC research shows. Some new solar and wind sites are waiting up to 10 to 15 years to be connected because of a lack of capacity in the system - known as the "grid". Renewable energy companies worry it could threaten UK climate targets. National Grid, which manages the system, acknowledges the problem but says fundamental reform is needed.'...
Nullius in verba: On the word of no one (Motto of the Royal Society)
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Tizer wrote: 11 May 2023, 09:21 `Renewable energy projects worth billions stuck on hold' LINK
`Billions of pounds' worth of green energy projects are on hold because they cannot plug into the UK's electricity system, BBC research shows. Some new solar and wind sites are waiting up to 10 to 15 years to be connected because of a lack of capacity in the system - known as the "grid". Renewable energy companies worry it could threaten UK climate targets. National Grid, which manages the system, acknowledges the problem but says fundamental reform is needed.'...
I read that article too, the 'system' is geared up to manage very few new energy sources (predominantly big power stations), you'd have thought the rush of new technologies would have been taken into account. Same issue as the EV charging infrastructure and battery availability.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I too saw the news item. Like so much of our energy policy this subject of connectivity has been neglected and they have now woken up with a shock to realise that the present system is not fit for purpose and billion will have to be spent on it. Par for the course that the realisation hits just when we have no money available to throw at it. Perhaps HS2 could be axed? :biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

plaques
Donor

Post by plaques »

Perhaps they thought a few dozen 13Amp plugs would do the trick. On the other hand they could ask for some of the dividend back that they have paid to share holders?
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Energy policy in the UK has been a disaster zone for over fifty years. We now reap the rewards.
If you don't agree, look at our present policy. The government are spending vast amounts of money (Going to a French construction company) for white elephant nuclear power stations that are built to an outdated design that has never produced a working efficient power generator. Beyond a joke......
(And we pay millions in subsidy to Drax which everyone knows is a fraud, more CO2 penalty than when it was coal fired. The reason? We haven't the capacity to replace it.)
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Domestic energy price cap is predicted to drop in July. This will reduce the average cost from £2500 a year to just over £2000. Further reductions are predicted for October.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-65655866
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Stanley wrote: 13 May 2023, 02:31 Energy policy in the UK has been a disaster zone for over fifty years. We now reap the rewards.
If you don't agree, look at our present policy. The government are spending vast amounts of money (Going to a French construction company) for white elephant nuclear power stations that are built to an outdated design that has never produced a working efficient power generator. Beyond a joke......
(And we pay millions in subsidy to Drax which everyone knows is a fraud, more CO2 penalty than when it was coal fired. The reason? We haven't the capacity to replace it.)
They need to get a wiggle on with the SMRs from Rolls Royce. They can be 'plugged in' where the redundant coal fired stations are, the infrastructure is all there as long as they haven't scrapped the actual generators.
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Too much like common sense Kev and they need green field sites because they can't afford to shut the old technology down, we need the power!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Couldn't sleep for worrying about British Gas when I went for second sleep this morning so I got up and had another crack at them asking why they had not taking payment off me. They tried to tell me it was my fault because the dierct debit had failed but I put them straight in no uncertain terms and told them to go back and re-check. They did and agreed that I was right but told me I was on a quarterly account. Again I went for their throat and again they agreed they were wrong. Their way of putting everything right is to cancel that bill, reinstate my £384 credit and bill me for the whole lot with the first of the new monthly bills on June 1st. So I must now wait to see if that happens. I have checked my web page and they have got the first bit right, cancelled the last bill and reinstated the credit. The saga goes on!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Stanley wrote: 24 May 2023, 08:53 Couldn't sleep for worrying about British Gas when I went for second sleep this morning
You shouldn't have that, sack them off, that will get their attention!
Ian

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”