Global Moderator

Re: PET'S CORNER

Post by Stanley »

Did I miss an image of Minnie?
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

No Stanley, Sally sent me one so I've had a preview!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

:good:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Photo's to follow once we have her at home.

She is all black apart from a white bib and white socks. The lady at the rescues centre said that they get lots of black kittens and along with any predominantly white ones they always promote them first because most folk prefer coloured cats so the blacks and the whites get left behind. The tabby's gingers torties and calico's always go first. It's a weird type of prejudice. Our Jack has two predominately white ones that came from rescue.
Ian
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

We have had 6 black cats, (seven if you count Billy Bob who adopted us briefly before getting killed on the road) 2 black and white, one pure white and one tortoiseshell. We ended up with 4 year old tortoiseshell Milly because she reached out from her cage at the RSPCA Rescue Centre and grabbed hold of Colin, refusing to let go. Oh my word I've just remembered 2 more! Another black and white we took on when a friend's marriage ended and a grey and white who was a resident here when we moved in......47 years worth!
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

We have had cats for 47 years this December also Wendy, as long as we have been married. Got our first one, tortoiseshell (Buster/Bella) two days after our wedding.The last two months is the longest we have been without a feline, or two or three in the house. :extrawink: :smile:
Ian
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

In the deep mid winter when I'm stuck indoors, I'll try and find photos of them all!
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

"In the deep mid winter when I'm stuck indoors"
Is that a long range weather forecast Wendy? I hope not!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Minnie is still hiding although we do know she was exploring downstairs through the night. There was stuff knocked out of the computer alcove this morning. Nothing wrong with her leaping qualities! She has used the litter tray but seems not to have eaten very much. We are continuing to try and coax her out of hiding, tickling under the chin creates a purr. Slowly, slowly catchy monkey. :extrawink:
Ian
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

No Minnie pictures yet as she is still hiding, an expert we reckon. We think she has an invisibility cloak as well! We have tried to keep her downstairs to the through lounge and kitchen, checking each time we opened the living room door to go upstairs. Master plan was to open up a bit more of the house as she gains our trust. Sally went out this morning first and I followed shortly to do an Aldi run. When I went get my jacket I checked she was still under the table in the back living room. I opened the door only long enough to get my jacket then closed it straight away after retrieval.

Sally was back first and I noticed her checking underneath the sideboard and any other places that she has used to hide but she was missing! I repeated the exercise to no avail. She turned up in our bedroom under the bed! How she got past me in the 5 seconds or so that I had the door open I don't know, unless she has been to Hogwarts and borrowed or stolen an invisibility cloak. :smile:

She is chipped but not registered to our cat flap yet as I need to offer her up to the flap for it to recognise her tech access. Long way from that at the moment so it remains locked. Note to self, triple check when using the back door. :extrawink:
Ian
Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

I’m looking forward to meeting Minnie.
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

She sounds as though she is fit to travel.....
I take it she has worked out where the food, water and litter tray are?
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Yes, but not showing much interest in food at the moment. The lady who looked after her after she was handed in to to rescue centre said that it was day three after she took charge of her before she fed. She did use the litter tray during the night.

I think we are slowly winning, she is still under the bed but can be coaxed to the edge and will roll over to be stroked and her belly tickled. Food will go down again tonight or earlier if she makes an appearance. :smile:
Ian
Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

:smile: When she has a sussed everything out, and is ready, Minnie will have you all (her new staff) organised in no time. :laugh5:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Cathy has it about right I reckon.... :biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Cathy wrote: 27 Sep 2023, 01:26 :smile: When she has a sussed everything out, and is ready, Minnie will have you all (her new staff) organised in no time. :laugh5:
We have 47 years of that experience already Cathy, we are under no illusion. :extrawink: :laugh5:

Wait while you see how cute she is. :smile:
Ian
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

"Wait while you see how cute she is."
That usage reminds me of the reason why the instruction 'Wait to cross while red lights flash' caused deaths at a railway crossing in the North of England..... The effete Southerners who designed the sign didn't realise that here 'while' means 'until'. :biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Minnie is still hiding to a degree and is an expert explorer. Here are a couple when she graced us with her presence downstairs.

Ian
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

Fine claws for scratching things!
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

Yes, she needs them clipping but not until she has settled in properly with us.
Ian
Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

Very sweet 😊
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I can see the attraction. I hope she knows she has drawn first prize in the lottery of life!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by PanBiker »

This is a better one. :smile:

Ian
Whyperion
Location: Stockport, after some time in Burnley , After leaving Barnoldswick , except when I am in London

Post by Whyperion »

PanBiker wrote: 26 Sep 2023, 13:14 No Minnie pictures yet as she is still hiding, an expert we reckon. We think she has an invisibility cloak as well! We have tried to keep her downstairs to the through lounge and kitchen, checking each time we opened the living room door to go upstairs. Master plan was to open up a bit more of the house as she gains our trust. Sally went out this morning first and I followed shortly to do an Aldi run. When I went get my jacket I checked she was still under the table in the back living room. I opened the door only long enough to get my jacket then closed it straight away after retrieval.

Sally was back first and I noticed her checking underneath the sideboard and any other places that she has used to hide but she was missing! I repeated the exercise to no avail. She turned up in our bedroom under the bed! How she got past me in the 5 seconds or so that I had the door open I don't know, unless she has been to Hogwarts and borrowed or stolen an invisibility cloak. :smile:

She is chipped but not registered to our cat flap yet as I need to offer her up to the flap for it to recognise her tech access. Long way from that at the moment so it remains locked. Note to self, triple check when using the back door. :extrawink:
"lost" one cat in the wardrobe when I locked the door on that once. Also managed to shut cats in bedrooms - they never made a sound which was strange. Sometimes cats wont eat for a few days until they get their bearings, especially if there is still a smell of another cat in the house. When our semi-rescue cat came to us from a friend we had a small flat, she came out the basket , did a wander around the fairly small floor space , then took up central position on the middle of the sofa, curled up and went firmly to sleep. We had to leave her while we went out and acquired litter tray, litter , food / bowls and some tops. Favourite spots tended to be the higher the better or on the window sill watching the trains go by (8 lines to look at)

Return to “Animals and Pets”