MARY BRACEWELL DOCUMENTS

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

MARY BRACEWELL DOCUMENTS

Post by Stanley »

MARY BRACEWELL DOCS

Mary was the second wife of Christopher Bracewell and migrated with him to Weld, Colorado in 1885. She died on 20/12/1891 and was succeeded by Ann Bradley.

WILL OF MARY BRACEWELL. (08/12/1891)

Know all men by these presents that I, Mary Bracewell, of the county of Weld in the state of Colorado, being of sound and disposing mind and memory do make, publish and declare this my last will and testament; hereby revoking all and any former wills by me heretofore made.

FIRST. It is my will that all my just debts be paid, with the proper expenses, of my last illness and burial.

SECOND. Subject to the foregoing payments and expenses, I do hereby give devise and bequeath to my son Christopher William Bracewell the undivided two thirds of all my estate, real and personal, wheresoever situate, absolutely and in fee.

THIRD. I do hereby give devise and bequeath to my son Edgar Herbert Bracewell the remaining undivided one third part of all my estate, real and personal, wheresoever situate, absolutely and in fee.

FOURTH. I do hereby constitute and appoint my said sons Christopher William Bracewell and Edgar Herbert Bracewell the executors of this will.

In testimony whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal, and published and declared the same as my last will and testament on this eighth day of December in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and ninety one.

Signed and sealed; Mary Bracewell.

Signed, sealed, published and declared by the said Mary Bracewell, the above named testator, as and for her last will and testament, in the presence of us, who, at her request and in her presence, and in the presence of each other, have hereunto subscribed our names as witnesses.

Henry M Sook, Greeley, Colorado
J H Belling, Greeley, Colorado.

I, Christopher Bracewell, husband of the above named testator Mary Bracewell, do hereby consent to all the terms, provisions and bequests and to every matter contained in the foregoing will and testament of my said wife Mary Bracewell. Witness my hand and seal the eighth day of December, AD 1891

Signed and sealed, Christopher Bracewell.
Witnessed by Henry M Sook and J H Belling.

APPLICATION FOR PROBATE OF MARY BRACEWELL WILL. 21st December 1891

Petition of Christopher William and Edgar Herbert Bracewell in the matter of the last will and testament of Mary Bracewell deceased for probate of Will and Letters Testamentary.

To the Hon. Edward A Thompson, Judge of the County Court of Weld County in the State of Colorado.

The petition of the undersigned Christopher William and Edgar Herbert Bracewell respectfully represents that Mary Bracewell, late of the County of Weld and the State of Colorado, departed this life on or about 20th day of December AD 1891 leaving a last will and testament, duly signed, published and attested, as believed by your petitioners and which by them is herewith presented to your Honor for Probate. That said will is subscribed by Henry M Sook and J H Belling (Delling?) as witnesses to the execution thereof. That said deceased left surviving her Christopher Bracewell, husband and Christopher William Bracewell, Edgar Herbert Bracewell and Walter Hopwood Bracewell, her sons and Caroline, now Mrs Ashley Stables, her daughter, as heirs at law.

That the said testatrix in said last will nominated and appointed Christopher William and Edgar Herbert Bracewell, your petitioners, Executors thereof and that your petitioners are willing and ready to accept and undertake that office and trust confided to them. And this petition further shows that Mary Bracewell died seized and possessed of real and Personal estate consisting chiefly of four hundred and forty acres of land in Weld County Colorado and personal property situate upon the said land all of the said Personal Estate being estimated to be worth about three thousand three hundred dollars ($3,300)

In consideration whereof, and to the end that said will may be proved, established and performed, your petitioners pray that the subscribing witnesses aforesaid may be summoned to appear before this court on Monday the 15th day of February 1892 then and there to testify in the matter of the said will as it may please your Honor to direct; and that probate of the said will may be thereupon granted and the same ordered for record.

And your petitioners further pray that it may p[lease your Honor to grant them Letters testamentary of the said last will and testament upon their taking the oath prescribed by the statute and entering into bond in such sum and with such securities as may be approved by your Honor.

Signed: C W Bracewell and E H Bracewell.

STATE OF COLORADO and Weld County. Christopher Wm Bracewell and Edgar H Bracewell being duly sworn, depose and say that the facts averred in the above petition are true, according to their knowledge, information and belief. Sworn to and subscribed before me, William Thompson, Deputy Clerk of the County court of Weld County this 21st day of December. AD 1891.

Signed by; William Thompson, Deputy Clerk of the County Court and CW and EH Bracewell.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!

Return to “Research Topics”