Today I shall be Mainly...

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by Stanley »

I think I would have ditched the art appreciation after that drive Sue. That's bad about the parcel, no good to anyone of course. Perhaps a neighbour has taken it in but you'd have thought they would have left a note. I hope it turns up!

I've drilled the lids and transferred the result to the cylinder. Tomorrow I'll see if I can drill and tap it.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

My error, WINE appreciation not art. Yes I would have ditched art 😂.

Bobs parcel has turned up. Our neighbour across the road saw it and knew it shouldn’t have been there. I forgot to say I came back to a cheque for £100 from the hospice lottery club. I often come back to some sort of win , usually premium bonds. Another win, I lost 4 pounds in weight. All that gardening . I would have thought all the ice creams, wine and beer would have counteracted that
If you keep searching you will find it
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Good! I'm glad that Bob got his parcel. It should never have been left there! I hope you can convey that to DHL.
Today is make or break on the cylinder as I attempt to drill and tap for the lids. Fingers crossed!
The weather looks good so noon walk and bookie watch is on the cards.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Stanley wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 03:31 Good! I'm glad that Bob got his parcel. It should never have been left there! I hope you can convey that to DHL.
Morning
I am sure he will if he hasn’t already. He did contact the firm who sent it originally and asked why they had done so without checking first.

Lovely day yesterday. Bob spent most of the day at the park with the model engineers. I pottered. I washed and ironed what little there was, deadheaded plants, tidied up my courgette plants and moved them into the greenhouse and took surplus leaves off my tomatoes. I moved some of my plants back into the conservatory that had been put in the garden whilst we were in France . I had an hours dose in the afternoon and was in bed at 9.30 pm . We did our Day 2 PCR rest around 5.10 pm and walked the packages down to the dedicated priority post box in Shawclough

This morning is pilates and yoga but they are on youtube. Taira is camping in Devon and pre recorded sessions for us. The trouble is I will have to view on my phone as the link is in whats app, so I may only do the one session. This afternoon will be a bit more garden tidying I should think. My Monday night art starts tonight but I have declined using the excuse that we are waiting for PCR test results. I shall probably go back on the 20 th September after our trip to Northumberland

So thats it, have a good day everyone
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Sue wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 06:27 The trouble is I will have to view on my phone as the link is in whats app, so I may only do the one session.
Can you not copy the link and email it to yourself to use on a bigger device?
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Big Kev wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 06:40
Sue wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 06:27 The trouble is I will have to view on my phone as the link is in whats app, so I may only do the one session.
May be, never tried . I am at a very basic level using whats app :laugh5: its a good idea and will give it a go . Thanks
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Just done it, thankyou . I can pick this upon my laptop now which is what I usually use
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

This was closing time, I have all the holes drilled and threaded in the cylinder and I have to stock ready to make the exhaust pipe. Then I can start thinking about the next stages in finishing the cylinder and valve gear.
I think I was very lucky this morning and I'm glad it's over!

Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Sue wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 07:05 Just done it, thankyou . I can pick this upon my laptop now which is what I usually use
:good:
Kev

Stylish Fashion Icon.
🍹
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Sue wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 06:53
Big Kev wrote: 23 Aug 2021, 06:40
May be, never tried . I am at a very basic level using whats app :laugh5: its a good idea and will give it a go . Thanks
You can install WhatsApp on your computer and "pair it" with your phone. When you run it on the computer or laptop it will give you a Q code to scan with your phone, quite easy and then you can use it on your computer or laptop with a bigger keyboard. :smile:
Ian
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

I did that once with my ipad but hardly used it, so the app went to the cloud and needed setting up again. I never bothered again
PanBiker
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Location: Barnoldswick - In the West Riding of Yorkshire, always was, always will be.

Post by PanBiker »

Depends on how much you use it I suppose. I have multiple groups that we use it for. Family, Bosom Friends, Political friends and the software that we use etc. Very handy with the end to end encryption, video and group contact calling via WiFi.
Ian
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

I only use whats app to chat once a week to each grand daughter and my sewing teacher once a month. The pilates group is using it at a lot the moment as Taira, the teacher is on holiday and is prerecording classes on you tube. There was a problem with the direct you tube connection last week hence putting a link on whats app. It worked well copying the link and emailing it to myself. I then picked it up on my laptop and did my two classes
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I use Whatsapp every day to talk to the kids.
Today will be shed as usual, then second sleep and a walk but then this afternoon I have a visit from a nice man from Barrowford who is giving me some castings. I shall see if I have anything spare that he wants.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

I use MESSENGER almost daily to chat to all of my family . It stems from when I did my daily blog. They are not interested in zoom chats or any face to face as they all live on their computers at the moment. Through messenger we chat, swap pictures video clips etc. I find these are easier from my ipad than my phone as I use it all the time they find it easier to reply as they are always online . Eve often whats apps me, Erin sends emails, Briony sends me letters

This will be fairly short this morning as Bobs car needs to go in to to the service department of AUDI in Oldham as it has developed an oil leak. We shall potter over for when it opens at 8.00 then I will bring him back before we both have breakfast

Will write more later, after a late breakfast
Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

I'm meeting up with a couple of friends at HAPPA for lunch and a look around the stables. :smile:
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I hope they find his leak Sue. Just back into the kitchen after 2 hours in the shed. I'll post a pic later......
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I have exhaust and steam pipes made and fitted and now I'm into valve gear. Bob's friend Keith is coming over this afternoon and I shall see if I can give him something in exchange for the castings.
Breakfast now and then second sleep.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Back from Oldham, we got there just as they opened. It only took 35 minutes the round trip. It pays to travel early.

Yesterday afternoon we had a walk down to the bank to pay in the monies from the train at the park and my £100 hospice lottery win. . Bob then went in the workshop for a bit and I started cutting back old and tired perennials . Our brown bin is now full so anything further will have to wait until after Thursday. There is just enough room for a few shaggy hedge cuttings. My fish food arrived from Amazon ( having dropped what was left in the the box that we had, the day we came home) i did a fish count and was pleased to see we still have 8 of the 9 fish we put in the pond. The pond was nice and clear too so our bags of barley straw must be doing the trick and keeping the various algae at bay. We now have a pond filter so we can buy more fish but at the moment the pond does not need it.

I think today I shall do a bit of sewing. This afternoon we shall fetch Bobs car and this evening I have pilates and yoga.

Have a good day
Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

Wendyf wrote: 24 Aug 2021, 06:20 and a look around the stables
Be strong and exercise restraint. It's tough though isn't it? I failed (again) yesterday. I shall wear purple. :laugh5:
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Purple? The Imperial Colour?
You're right David, Wendy will be a target if they know she's just lost two horses.
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Wendyf
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Wendyf »

:laugh5: I certainly won't be tempted but I might sniff the odd nose if it's offered. (A horse's nose smells wonderful!)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

So does a healthy cow's breath Wendy. When I was vetting cows at the auction for Richard I always used to have a good smell of their breath while I was looking at their teeth. Easiest one was slow fever (low blood glucose), the ketones made their breath smell like pear drops. Ah, happy days!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I shall be in the shed chasing my engine as usual and the forecast looks good for bookie watch!
Bob's friend Keith visited and he brought the 10H castings as promised but also a partially built set of bronze castings for one of these...

What a nice man!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

Glad you enjoyed your visit Stanley. Bob told me his friend used to live near to your house when he was young. I think he said it was next door. Perhaps he mentioned it.

Yesterday’s activities were interspersed with trips to Oldham. The garage could not find the oil leak, but similarly Bob had not noticed it of late. They sent Bob a video of the inspection which seems to be the new thing with car repairs and servicing There was a wet oily patch where the car was parked in France and try as we might we can think what else it could be. In between trips I did my sewing tasks ready for my next session with Maxine, which actually is not until 15 th September. She is on holiday next week and we are off to Northumberland the week after. At tea time I did two very strenuous sessions with my pilates and yoga. I was quite exhausted afterwards. Unfortunately the timing coincided with the sun coming out and streaming on to my pilates mat. I was not a pretty sight!

This morning plans are not yet made, we may walk. This afternoon I am at the hairdressers and this evening I have pilates, luckily later so no sunny interference :laugh5:

Have a good day

Return to “Current Affairs & Comment”