Today I shall be Mainly...

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Today I shall be Mainly...

Post by Stanley »

Thanks for that Sue. Best of luck with the filling this time round!
I shall be in the shed at 06:00 as usual and then enjoying my breakfast. I feel as though I have earned it by then. I think I might be tied on for a walk at midday, the forecast is quite good.
Stanley Challenger Graham
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

"Beware of certitude" (Jimmy Reid)
The floggings will continue until morale improves!
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

Awake early this morning for the dentist at 8.15. I should be back by 9.00, leaving a whole morning to do some sewing, its a mid afternoon appointment at Christies today.

Yesterday we both did a bit of garden tidying. Bob pruned the bush fuchsia whilst I did the smaller ones, it was mainly a removal of last years , now dead, twiggy growth, we also trimmed back the heathers that did not get done in November so now they are ready for Spring growth and flowers. Having removed dead vegetation I can now see all the snowdrops and crocuses that are in flower.

Have a good day all
If you keep searching you will find it
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Morning Sue. I hope the filling succeeds this time! That sounds like a relaxed day. The weather is favouring you as well.

The first job this morning was to make sure the holding down studs for the top brasses were properly bedded in the horns of the bed and that includes Loctiting them. Then I set the bed up under the pillar drill and bored the brasses to accept the crankshaft. Once that was done I fitted the brasses, that included cleaning up the faces after boring and drilling the oil holes all the way through into the bearing. I am almost finished with that after over an hour in the shed. I shall finish the job tomorrow. The next job now is breakfast!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Tooth all done, a different dentist as mine is off ill. They all seem to have colds, hope I don’t catch it. She has changed the shape of the filling hoping that will hold better. Again no charge, I am impressed. Its a private dental surgery but they run an insurance scheme that means you pay NHS prices
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

That sounds good Sue, I hope it succeeds.
I shall be in the shed at 06:00 as usual doing good works! Nothing pressing for the rest of the day. Quiet enjoyment of good health and good weather I think before the rain we expect for the next couple of days.....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

The first job was to make sure the crankshaft was a good fit in the new bearings. It was on the tight side but that's what I was aiming for. It will soon run in to a perfect fit. I built it up, tightened the bearings and used the drill to drive it until the initial tightness had eased. Then I broke everything down and refined the castings ready for painting which is the next job. I got everything ready for this and then knocked off early, I do not want to be rushed, my painting is bad enough without imposing further handicaps! Now for breakfast!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

After the dentist I skipped pilates and did a mornings sewing, I don’t get much chance these days. Yesterday afternoon was a fairly quick turn around despite the weekly blood test. Today is a long one. A very early afternoon appointment means butties in the car on our arrival, then treatment followed by the weekly medical review. It will probably be getting on for 5.30 pm when we get home. Just hope its not a 2 hour drive home like last Tuesday. I hope to make yoga as all this sitting around is making me incredibly stiff and aching, Bob as well.

As you can see the daily trip will fill the day today. Have a good day all
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I remember what you said about it being like going out to work every day. You were dead right Sue. I hope you enjoy the butties!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Gloria

Post by Gloria »

Keep flogging on Sue, you’ll be done with it before you know it. Spot Stobart lorries on the way home, see who gets most, daft I know, but it does eat up the time, or even Amazon vans, there’ll be a lot more of them.
Gloria
Now an Honorary Chief Engineer who'd be dangerous with a brain!!!
http://www.briercliffesociety.co.uk
http://www.lfhhs.org.uk
Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Gloria wrote: 20 Feb 2024, 08:27 Keep flogging on Sue, you’ll be done with it before you know it. Spot Stobart lorries on the way home, see who gets most, daft I know, but it does eat up the time, or even Amazon vans, there’ll be a lot more of them.
Oh yes…something similar. I have been following the distance posts on the M60. They start at 0.0 at Stockport in a clockwise direction and ends at 56.6. Ie the M60 is just over 56 miles round Manchester . Amazon Prime vans are good to count, and any foreign food lorries, few and far between . Another good one is all electric cars. But my favourite occupation is making words out of car registration plates 🤣

The butties today Stanley were hearty roast chicken and stuffing, and very nice too.
Gloria

Post by Gloria »

Sue wrote: 20 Feb 2024, 13:02
Gloria wrote: 20 Feb 2024, 08:27 Keep flogging on Sue, you’ll be done with it before you know it. Spot Stobart lorries on the way home, see who gets most, daft I know, but it does eat up the time, or even Amazon vans, there’ll be a lot more of them.
Oh yes…something similar. I have been following the distance posts on the M60. They start at 0.0 at Stockport in a clockwise direction and ends at 56.6. Ie the M60 is just over 56 miles round Manchester . Amazon Prime vans are good to count, and any foreign food lorries, few and far between . Another good one is all electric cars. But my favourite occupation is making words out of car registration plates 🤣

The butties today Stanley were hearty roast chicken and stuffing, and very nice too.
Keeps the mind occupied Sue, and makes the travelling more bearable.
Gloria
Now an Honorary Chief Engineer who'd be dangerous with a brain!!!
http://www.briercliffesociety.co.uk
http://www.lfhhs.org.uk
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I suppose that the way I roast my chickens with spices, veggies and a stuffing of hot and spicy wings makes them 'hearty' as well.....
I shall be in the shed at 06:00 but before then will have my chicken roasting in the oven as I took advantage of the sunny weather to go veggie shopping yesterday so it's veggie cooking tomorrow..... Apart form that a restful day watching it rain through the window!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Cathy
VIP Member

Post by Cathy »

“Pooh loves to watch drops of rain 💧 running a race down the windowpane.”
😊
I know I'm in my own little world, but it's OK... they know me here. :)
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

There'll be plenty of them today Cathy!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

The results from 45 minutes in the shed and yes, it's not good but I have big problems with painting as I can't see properly. In case you're wondering, the flywheel has been painted and is hung up to dry. It will all come right as I build the engine, I'm just glad I have got this stage out of the way!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

And what a wet one , as forecast. Today is a noon appointment so hopefully we will be back early afternoon. We are planning on having lunch in the restaurant there rather than make sandwiches as we will be leaving home about 10.30. Amazingly we are not finding the travel too bad, I suppose we are so used to busy days and travelling long distances that in fact we feel we are just taking it in our stride. The biggest issue is the daily plan as every day is different. Yesterday went well we were seen at the weekly clinic quickly, were home in 50 minutes with time for a cuppa before I went off to do a much needed pilates and yoga session. Bob has even been able to spend a couple of hours a day in the workshop.

Have a good day all, stay dry
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

I was going to cook today but had more of last week's cooking left than I thought so cooking is postponed until tomorrow. You're right about the rain, wall to wall here in Barlick. I am having my dinner and watching it!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Today is going to be a very busy day because of all the stuff I postponed yesterday. I shall have to put my chicken in to roast before going in the shed and I think I might have to fit a trip to the Co-op in with my veggie cooking later! I shall be looking for a get-out clause in the contract!
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Morning

It was an odd day yesterday, with a lunch time appointment we were home early afternoon and had time to do things like go to B&Q, wrap birthday presents and do a number of odd jobs, as well as doing Zoom pilates. This morning I will even manage to get to art at Haslingden as todays appointment is late afternoon. Today is exactly half way through treatment. We will have to watch the weather news today as various parts of our route are shut this morning due to flooding.

Have a good day all’
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Less rain today Sue so that might work in your favour. Nice to hear that Bob is almost half way through his course. I hope they don't pull the same trick on him that they did on me, when I reached the end of the first course I was told that there was another course, 'just to make sure'. I was not a happy bunny!
I am back home after my shopping and all has been put away. I'm glad I have that out of the way, only dealing with the chicken later and cooking veggies to go. Still a full day but it looks more manageable now....
Good luck with the day....
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Sue
VIP Member

Post by Sue »

Stanley wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 07:53 Less rain today Sue so that might work in your favour. Nice to hear that Bob is almost half way through his course. I hope they don't pull the same trick on him that they did on me, when I reached the end of the first course I was told that there was another course, 'just to make sure'. I was not a happy bunny!
Only if it hasn’t worked, because he is on a trial treatment it is fixed. Then they wait a couple of weeks I think before all the scans again. They determine what happens next, hopefully nothing
Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Best of luck with it....
I am back up and my chicken is dealt with. I am just soaking the roasting tin so I can clean it and will shortly be veggie cooking. So far so good!
(It's still raining so once more I am glad I went shopping earlier.)
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Stanley
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Stanley »

Cooking is finished. Nice to be able to stop doing good things! I got a swede to much but that's OK, it will keep until I need it...,.
Later, at 15:00. Logging off now. Quite enough honest endeavour for one day! :biggrin2:
Stanley's View
scg1936 at talktalk.net

Tripps
VIP Member

Post by Tripps »

Stanley wrote: 22 Feb 2024, 13:51 it will keep until I need it...,.
I've still got my 19p swede from Aldi at Christmas in the fridge. Looks OK. :smile:
Born to be mild
Sapere Aude
Ego Lego
Preferred pronouns - Thou, Thee, Thy, Thine
My non-working days are Monday - Sunday
Big Kev
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Post by Big Kev »

Setting a man on to source me a car, a birthday treat to myself :good:
Kev